EA Forums - Banner

finding maggie

Prev1
has anyone found a pattern on the game finding maggie and if so, what is it

Replies

• wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Random. Completely random.
    She mostly appears on my Blue Houses (Games 1 and 2 where I have over 300 Blue Houses) or on my White Houses (Game 3 where I have ummm... I forget how many White Houses).
  • wadebear wrote: »
    Random. Completely random.
    She mostly appears on my Blue Houses (Games 1 and 2 where I have over 300 Blue Houses) or on my White Houses (Game 3 where I have ummm... I forget how many White Houses).

What @wadebear said. I once put one of each of the possible landing spots right around the play dough factory, just to watch Maggie land before the countdown ended. And she still would go to one of them, but in a different location.
  • She only appears on certain buildings. There is a list in one of @Muhsterino 's beginner threads. Check them out, they are full of tons of great info besides this
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • If you have a block of houses (any color) close to the PDF, Maggie will appear there about half the time. I have 5 big blocks of houses fairly close to the PDF and in most cases, she's there and I can find her within about 15 seconds or so.
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • 168sean168
    4307 posts Member
    The Maggie game is broken in my game and I have not played it like in 2 years? It will hang the game for like more than 5 minutes before it starts. I used to find it at my white houses.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    If you have a block of houses (any color) close to the PDF, Maggie will appear there about half the time. I have 5 big blocks of houses fairly close to the PDF and in most cases, she's there and I can find her within about 15 seconds or so.

PDF?

• If you have a block of houses (any color) close to the PDF, Maggie will appear there about half the time. I have 5 big blocks of houses fairly close to the PDF and in most cases, she's there and I can find her within about 15 seconds or so.

PDF?

Play dough factory

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    If you have a block of houses (any color) close to the PDF, Maggie will appear there about half the time. I have 5 big blocks of houses fairly close to the PDF and in most cases, she's there and I can find her within about 15 seconds or so.

PDF?

Play dough factory

Thanks.

At one time I had a group of like-colored houses quite close to the factory, but even then Maggie’s location seemed quite random.

• In 95 % of the find maggy games i played, she is somewhere on my house farm, my PDF is alongside the farm.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    If you have a huge house farm, it stands to reason that Maggie will more often than not show up at one of those houses. That doesn’t suggest that the assignment is nonrandom; rather, it strengthens the hypothesis that the assignment is random. I would strongly suspect that the position of the factory relative to the farm is completely immaterial. You could test this, of course, although it seems to me more trouble than it’s worth.
  • striker985 wrote: »
    In 95 % of the find maggy games i played, she is somewhere on my house farm, my PDF is alongside the farm.

I've found this to be true. She likes my little purple house farm, and it's situated really close to the PDF.
  • striker985 wrote: »
    In 95 % of the find maggy games i played, she is somewhere on my house farm, my PDF is alongside the farm.

I've found this to be true. She likes my little purple house farm, and it's situated really close to the PDF.

I partially agree. I have a ton of purple houses, as @KrustyBrand said it stands to reason she would be there more often then not. But my playdough factory is no where near them. She likes my lard ladd farm too. So Id have to agree that its random, just depends on what buildi gs you have
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    The proximity of building to the Playdough Factory is irrelevant. My Playdough Factories are in the Southwest corners of my towns, but my Blue Houses stretch across the North edge and I quite often find Maggie over in the Northeastern most section of Blue Houses.
    Here's how to understand the odds:
    Say you have 300 possible buildings that Maggie can appear on: 200 Blue Houses, 50 White Houses, 25 Purple houses, and 25 individual buildings like Moe's, Town Hall, Simpson's house, etc.
    Each individual building has a 1 in 300 (1:300) chance of being the one where Maggie appears.
    The 200 Blue houses have a 200 in 300 (2:3) COLLECTIVE chance.
    The 50 White houses have a 50 in 300 (1:6) COLLECTIVE chance.
    The 25 Purple houses have a 25 in 300 (1:12) COLLECTIVE chance.
    The remaining buildings also have a 25 in 300 (1:12) COLLECTIVE chance, but since it's unlikely they're grouped together they should really be expressed as the 1:300 chance that they are.
    So the more houses you have of the same color the more likely it is that Maggie will appear on that color building.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    The Maggie game is broken in my game and I have not played it like in 2 years? It will hang the game for like more than 5 minutes before it starts. I used to find it at my white houses.
    I had that problem for a while. I found that tapping the screen seemed to help. I could just be that it occupied the time though.
    Have you tried a reinstall?
  • 168sean168
    4307 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    I had that problem for a while. I found that tapping the screen seemed to help. I could just be that it occupied the time though.
    Have you tried a reinstall?

Yeah I did reinstall back then and it did not solve the problem. I have not tried the game in months though. Probably I will go try it again. Thanks
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    Could it be that your have more colored houses than the mini game can calculate? Maybe the game lists all the houses in the game and then does the rng on the list. Try storing a few (hundred?) houses.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • wen1970
    60 posts Member
    I sometimes find that she doesn't make a noise & then I can't find her & it times out. Like this morning ..... & I really needed those 3 donuts :|
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    wen1970 wrote: »
    I sometimes find that she doesn't make a noise & then I can't find her & it times out. Like this morning ..... & I really needed those 3 donuts :|

The typical player strategy here is simply not to rely on Maggie’s pacifier noise. There are 21 possible locations/buildings where Maggie might be located. Visit each in turn and quickly tap it. (Of course, if you have a huge blue house farm, for example, this tactic is less likely to work.)
  • girl22721
    1160 posts Member
    If you have a modest house farm, it's not a disadvantage as you get more time for the game, but only up to the limit. Having a huge farm is more of a problem...
  • Curious - has the timer been increased recently?