EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone else think that this game...

I guess it really depends on how you lay out your town, I have every building and almost every premium building and still have plenty of land to buy. I guess it's just how you have layed everything out.

Replies

• Barry-longdong
    57 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have no idea how to do the big pics of my town that people put up..or I would gladly show you.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I don't know how they do it either but I can see how u can run out of space cause I've had to put some of my houses in storage when new buildings become available because iam saving money atm
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    Needs to go from 13x13 to 15x15.
  • chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited March 2013
    The more premium items and buildings you have, the more you suffer really.

I would like to have a big sprawling city with open areas, green fields with just a few trees and some junk, more parks, stuff like that.

Grand entrances for every building like the duff brewery, beautiful grounds near the library, town hall, a sensible and wide area for the post office and prison etc. And good looking car parks for almost every non house building.

The more premium buildings you buy, the less land you can devote to each building. People will definitely disagree with me here, or not understand my point.

It is true though, a user who buys absolutely no premium buildings has a ton of room for extra parks and wide spaces of land for all the buildings that they do acquire. Massive car parks, big, gardens and parks and picnic areas near the library, stuff like that.

It's sad that when Mount Carlmore comes out I really wont have anywhere to put it, unless I sacrifice an open space or park that is already there.

*Aso! Another point is, the more premium buildings you have, the less spare room you have to devote to projects that show off your creativity, such as an Itchy and Scratchy theme park on the water, Camp Krusty with brown houses and tons of trees in an open space, I have plenty of (re hashed!) ideas I want to use but just not enough room.

I want my popsicle skyscraper to be a tour de force, something of a Taj Mahal on the water by the restaurants taking up 1/8th of all my land. It just isn't worth it though, to have giant lakes with nothing on them, and sacrificing those squares of land, and having to pack everything else in tightly.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Don't think you can do it on an iphone can you? Sorry if it's a dumb question you could say iam computer illiterate.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited March 2013
    If we did have alot more land say twice as much i would greatly reconsider the current plan for my town, and like above incorporate wide open area's large dense forest oh the possibilities!!!
  • MarFur93
    107 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have all of the games content, including premium, and still have a lot of free land. Whilst the land may need to increase in the future, I am worried about the stability issues that would come along with a land increase.
  • Barry-longdong
    57 posts
    edited March 2013

I would like to have a big sprawling city with open areas, green fields with just a few trees and some junk, more parks, stuff like that.

Grand entrances for every building like the duff brewery, beautiful grounds near the library, town hall, a sensible and wide area for the post office and prison etc. And good looking car parks for almost every non house building.

The more premium buildings you buy, the less land you can devote to each building. People will definitely disagree with me here, or not understand my point.

It is true though, a user who buys absolutely no premium buildings has a ton of room for extra parks and wide spaces of land for all the buildings that they do acquire. Massive car parks, big, gardens and parks and picnic areas near the library, stuff like that.

It's sad that when Mount Carlmore comes out I really wont have anywhere to put it, unless I sacrifice an open space or park that is already there.

*Aso! Another point is, the more premium buildings you have, the less spare room you have to devote to projects that show off your creativity, such as an Itchy and Scratchy theme park on the water, Camp Krusty with brown houses and tons of trees in an open space, I have plenty of (re hashed!) ideas I want to use but just not enough room.

I want my popsicle skyscraper to be a tour de force, something of a Taj Mahal on the water by the restaurants taking up 1/8th of all my land. It just isn't worth it though, to have giant lakes with nothing on them, and sacrificing those squares of land, and having to pack everything else in tightly.

Couldn't agree more !! I have every premium building and character and I'm maxed out at level 26 multiple times over, and I'm fast running out of room. I have one whole strip at the far right goin up left unused (but bought and cleared) and two strips along the bottom (bought and cleared) and that's it. No more land i can buy, So when the new update comes I'm pretty much screwed for space tbh.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Yeah creating a forest would be cool and they could release a alien burns and homer could have a task in the forest.
    "I bring you love"
    "is that love between a man and woman,or love for a fine Cuban cigar"?
  • pooeymonkey
    158 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    If you have an iPad you get more space because an iPad screen is bigger than an iPod Touch/ iPhone. You should get an iPad and you'll have a bigger town. (I don't work for Apple btw)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I have all the land and I ran out of room. I had to compromise some of my designs in order to make some empty areas for future updates. They are now "undeveloped" plots of land that I put lakes, streams, and woods in so it looks undeveloped. Didn't just want to leave big empty spots.

I would love more land.

I really don't like having to change my design.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited March 2013

Funny thing I have actually executed this exact idea in my town and I have a bit of space left but I didn't start playing up untill thanksgiving, if I had been playing during Halloween after the cemeteries and Kang I would have absolutely no space. This is sort of why I'm glad I started playing when I did lol
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Interesting. I have quite a bit of land left, and I have every premium and non-premium item. (Except for Shauna, and some Treehosue of Horror premiums)
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I guess it really depends on how you lay out your town, I have every building and almost every premium building and still have plenty of land to buy. I guess it's just how you have layed everything out.

I'm the same, I've still got land to buy but I've got every building and nearly every premium building.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I have all the land and I ran out of room. I had to compromise some of my designs in order to make some empty areas for future updates. They are now "undeveloped" plots of land that I put lakes, streams, and woods in so it looks undeveloped. Didn't just want to leave big empty spots.

I would love more land.

I really don't like having to change my design.

I'm in pretty much the same position. I have all of the land, and -- except for a few tiny corners -- every piece of it occupied. It's funny to think back to when I started and 169 plots seemed like such infinite expanse. I'm at the point now where either the developers release new plots for purchase or I'm going to have to seriously contemplate a complete redesign.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited March 2013

I'm with you 100%. I have all the land and every square inch of my town decorated (see sig for my panoramic). That pic is old now too. I have had to work in the new pub and I've gotten the escalator. I needed more land months ago.
  • chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited March 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:

I'm with you 100%. I have all the land and every square inch of my town decorated (see sig for my panoramic). That pic is old now too. I have had to work in the new pub and I've gotten the escalator. I needed more land months ago.

And soon we get a buddhist temple, annex building, and I love Mount Carlmore so I will have to have it.

You could sacrifice your beautiful murals in the corner, but why! That's the only reason I don't make any murals, I love the idea but land doesn't permit for the time being.

And thats the loss of creativity I was talking about.. we should have tons of murals, tons of open parks, a sims simpson game :mrgreen:

(nice town by the way!)
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:

And soon we get a buddhist temple, annex building, and I love Mount Carlmore so I will have to have it.

You could sacrifice your beautiful murals in the corner, but why! That's the only reason I don't make any murals, I love the idea but land doesn't permit for the time being.

And thats the loss of creativity I was talking about.. we should have tons of murals, tons of open parks, a sims simpson game :mrgreen:

(nice town by the way!)

The mural was already sacrificed. It was replaced with Homer feasting on people from the escalator (still a day left for my escalator to finish building). So really in a way I replaced it with the addition of a prop building.

I have a few ideas on a few building I can shuffle around to accommodate the Buddhist temple and annex building. Really though I'm on the razors edge of some real compromise if any more buildings get added on beyond that.

image_zps99d19cd1.jpg

• Barry-longdong
    57 posts
    edited March 2013
    I agree when I started or was only half way through land buying and I saw my neighbours with every piece I thought "woooaaahhhh that's HUGE" but now I have it all...I really need more lol.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this., PS; does the iPad idea really work ??
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.