EA Forums - Banner

XP DROPPING (I CAME WITH PICTORIAL PROOF)

nabocough wrote:
Have you experienced anything similar? I'm on level 26, eager to reach my bonus (I accidentally lost 6 donuts the other day, effing Kent Brockman/Channel six) and as I make progress, the bar goes back down. It happened 3 times only today. This time I managed to take screenshots in between, as you can see the photos are subsequent one to the other. Stupid Tinypic renamed them but the original names were
Photo 18-03-13 07 54 58 PM.png
Photo 18-03-13 08 04 13 PM.png
if you don't trust me, download them and check the metadata.

The first was taken on 7:54 pm
10xateb.png

The second on 8:04 pm
2nv8qhf.png

Frustration! :evil:

Replies

  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    .
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    How very odd :?

    I was going to re-post the images for a 3rd time but thought nahh whats the point lol :mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I have that happen when I earn xp upon finishing a task set by the game. Then I usually get twice the amount of xp that I should have (if I was supposed to earn say 25 xp, I get 50), and then - when I exit the game or visit neighbours - the half of the xp that I got in the first place (in this example 25 xp) will have disappeared.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I have never seen this before!! I hope to never see it, personally.

    How odd that you would just lose XPs. Where do they go? It's not like you "accidentally" spend them. What would you spend them on?

    Yes, I am being facetious because there is no real explanation for XPs disappearing.
  • nabocough
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    bette3900 wrote:
    I have that happen when I earn xp upon finishing a task set by the game. Then I usually get twice the amount of xp that I should have (if I was supposed to earn say 25 xp, I get 50), and then - when I exit the game or visit neighbours - the half of the xp that I got in the first place (in this example 25 xp) will have disappeared.

    I don't think it's my case though :( at least in the documented episode I was collecting rewards from buildings, and the characters were still doing tasks, not to mention I have only 2 tasks set by the game at present time, none of which nearly finished. Finally I didn't even "change scenario", I didn't visit my neighbours, nor opened any menu. It changed while I was still in my Springfield, collecting money.
  • nabocough
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I have never seen this before!! I hope to never see it, personally.

    How odd that you would just lose XPs. Where do they go? It's not like you "accidentally" spend them. What would you spend them on?

    Yes, I am being facetious because there is no real explanation for XPs disappearing.



    Lol. It's one of those «where the XPs, erm... ducks go during the winter?» kind of things.
  • ScholesMUFC
    6 posts
    edited March 2013
    That's happened me twice since last week not just xp but money aswell...
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited March 2013
    There are times when you log in that dont count, im not sure of anyway to explain this but by saying that during these rare occurrences from the moment you enter your town nothing you do, nothing you change stays, anything you do in that instance will not count and the next time you log on your town will revert to the same point as when you first logged in before, its a little hard for me to explain.

    Basically during these odd log-in's nothing you do counts and so if your characters tasks ended and u put them on new tasks, when you log in nxt time they would still be finished there old tasks not on the new task you assigned them, If you were to collect from a building then log in again the same money symbol would be over the building again, and your xp and cash would revert back to before you collected it as well, It happens mostly during event collection, you notice it right away because the event items you collect will go from however much you have and drop to 0 when you log in indicating you shud restart your game because nothing you do while in your town will count.

    That being said it does not happen many times to me without an event that requires collecting of special items but it did happen once or twice and without the event item counter i have no way of knowing if what i had just collected or what i just did actually got saved or not.

    Sorry it probably sounds really confusing maybe someone can explain this better than me?
  • bananabailey
    62 posts
    edited March 2013
    I've had this xp issue! It bites, especially when you can't offset the amount lost the next time you visit.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    There are times when you log in that dont count, im not sure of anyway to explain this but by saying that during these rare occurrences from the moment you enter your town nothing you do, nothing you change stays, anything you do in that instance will not count and the next time you log on your town will revert to the same point as when you first logged in before, its a little hard for me to explain.

    Basically during these odd log-in's nothing you do counts and so if your characters tasks ended and u put them on new tasks, when you log in nxt time they would still be finished there old tasks not on the new task you assigned them, If you were to collect from a building then log in again the same money symbol would be over the building again, and your xp and cash would revert back to before you collected it as well, It happens mostly during event collection, you notice it right away because the event items you collect will go from however much you have and drop to 0 when you log in indicating you shud restart your game because nothing you do while in your town will count.

    That being said it does not happen many times to me without an event that requires collecting of special items but it did happen once or twice and without the event item counter i have no way of knowing if what i had just collected or what i just did actually got saved or not.

    Sorry it probably sounds really confusing maybe someone can explain this better than me?

    What do you mean by event? Like collecting hearts or coins?
  • tonyzukes
    15 posts
    edited March 2013
    I am on lvl 26 and xp is stuck at 24 of 120000. Not sure how to fix it. I tried to uninstall and logout of origin but still stuck. :(
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited March 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    There are times when you log in that dont count, im not sure of anyway to explain this but by saying that during these rare occurrences from the moment you enter your town nothing you do, nothing you change stays, anything you do in that instance will not count and the next time you log on your town will revert to the same point as when you first logged in before, its a little hard for me to explain.

    Basically during these odd log-in's nothing you do counts and so if your characters tasks ended and u put them on new tasks, when you log in nxt time they would still be finished there old tasks not on the new task you assigned them, If you were to collect from a building then log in again the same money symbol would be over the building again, and your xp and cash would revert back to before you collected it as well, It happens mostly during event collection, you notice it right away because the event items you collect will go from however much you have and drop to 0 when you log in indicating you shud restart your game because nothing you do while in your town will count.

    That being said it does not happen many times to me without an event that requires collecting of special items but it did happen once or twice and without the event item counter i have no way of knowing if what i had just collected or what i just did actually got saved or not.

    Sorry it probably sounds really confusing maybe someone can explain this better than me?

    What do you mean by event? Like collecting hearts or coins?

    Yeah that's what I mean
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited March 2013
    I've thought I lost xp before but it's good to see proof.
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    Maybe it's something to do with synchronising, some times if my game don't sync properly I will find my Springfieldens still walking around when I know I sent them on a task.
  • nabocough
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    There are times when you log in that dont count, im not sure of anyway to explain this but by saying that during these rare occurrences from the moment you enter your town nothing you do, nothing you change stays, anything you do in that instance will not count and the next time you log on your town will revert to the same point as when you first logged in before, its a little hard for me to explain.

    Basically during these odd log-in's nothing you do counts and so if your characters tasks ended and u put them on new tasks, when you log in nxt time they would still be finished there old tasks not on the new task you assigned them, If you were to collect from a building then log in again the same money symbol would be over the building again, and your xp and cash would revert back to before you collected it as well, It happens mostly during event collection, you notice it right away because the event items you collect will go from however much you have and drop to 0 when you log in indicating you shud restart your game because nothing you do while in your town will count.

    That being said it does not happen many times to me without an event that requires collecting of special items but it did happen once or twice and without the event item counter i have no way of knowing if what i had just collected or what i just did actually got saved or not.

    Sorry it probably sounds really confusing maybe someone can explain this better than me?

    What do you mean by event? Like collecting hearts or coins?

    Yeah that's what I mean

    I think I got the gist of what you mean, basically you say that during special events sometimes the games fails to save your progress when you log off, thus producing a different XPs the next time you log in. You also notice that the very buildings you picked rewards from are available again for collecting, bringing back the XP to what it should be. Did I get it right?

    It might have accured to me, however it's not the case I'm discussing.
    Maybe I haven't explained it good enough.
    I'm in my Springfield, collecting money/xp from buildings and tasks as well, I don't always keep my eyes on the XP bar, but while I'm still around my Springfield I finally notice some of my XP are gone. I can't collect them again. It doesn't happen all the time so I can make progress, but I lose XP on the way.
  • nabocough
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    tonyzukes wrote:
    I am on lvl 26 and xp is stuck at 24 of 120000. Not sure how to fix it. I tried to uninstall and logout of origin but still stuck. :(

    Aw, that sucks even more :(
  • nabocough
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    I've thought I lost xp before but it's good to see proof.

    Yeah, I think it happened to me before, but I wasn't sure until I started taking screenshots.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.