EA Forums - Banner

How do I get Dr Marvin Monroe?

Hi there, I'm probably really naive on this but this is really doing my head in in regards to unlocking Dr Marvin Monroe from the game. I've reached level 52 as required and I'm pretty sure I've unlocked the Family Therapy Center as it was a 24 hour thing to do and I read online a few days ago you needed this to unlock him but I can't even find this anymore and Dr Marvin Monroe and the Therapy Center is still locked. It's really frustrating.

I have no idea what to do, apparently Lisa starts off this quest but nothing is coming up under the actions for Lisa so I've reached Level 52 and can't even unlock the character I want to as I can't find the Family Therapy Center in my buildings to buy or in the inventory of buildings I've already got, can anyone kindly help please?

I love this game but I really wish they would let some things connect and run smoothly, there was something else recently where I had to look online to work out how to unlock something when really it should guide you through the game as you get to the level.

Thanking you kindly in advance, I'm really grateful to all who kindly help and hope to hear from you soon :)

Replies

• nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    Hello @RobbieGlover2K!

Here's a list from EA Questions HQ.
    Hope it helps solve your problem.

EA Reply:
    There are occasionally posts on this site from players whom are having issues with progressing through the main storyline of the game. This walkthrough guide is intended as a reference point for those players. It is arranged by the minimum level required to unlock a building. The levels listed are a minimum requirement to unlock a building. Reaching the required level does not automatically make the building available to build; the prerequisite quests still need to be completed.

Building prices listed are what the building cost when first introduced in to the game and should be taken as a guide only and are obviously subject to change.

Please note that some buildings and their respective questlines will not unlock until the completion of the entire questline of the preceding building in the main storyline.

If you are having an issue with the main story quest line then there are some general troubleshooting steps you can take to try and get the quest going again:
    - Complete all outstanding tasks currently in your task book
    - Have all characters free at the same time
    - Send all your characters on a short duration task (e.g. 60 minutes) then after completing the task, leave them free for a bit
    - Store in your inventory the building associated with the character you need to unlock the quest and then place the building back in your game
    - Sell the building associated with the character you need to unlock the quest and then build it again
    - Be aware that seasonal and limited time quest lines may take precedence over the main quest line so this can be a reason for frozen quest lines as well.
  • It's been quite some time since I unlocked Dr Marvin Monroe so I'm not sure what was needed but these types of problems are often caused by the fact that you need to have completed certain tasks before they unlock and due to the time taken you can often reach the required level to unlock the character but because you haven't completed all the preceding quests the character/building won't unlock , do you have any uncompleted tasks in the task book?
  • RobbieGlover2K
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Right, this is a pain then cause I have no idea what I need to do or complete. I'm on Level 52, I can't find the Therapy Center (though I'm sure I built this the other week as I read up about it and it was a 24 hour thing to build).

Some of the tasks in my task list are as follows:

Princess & The Pea Brain Pt. 1 (I need to build Krusty's giant wheel).
    Ain't No Mountain High Enough Pt 8 (I need to make Mr Burns spend 500,000)
    Real Estate Mogul Pt. 3 (105.28 of 200 & I need to place Springfield lake).
    Worlds Largest Redwood Pt. 4 (30/60 done)
    The Krusty-est Place on Earth Pt. 29 (I need to build Krusty's haunted condo)
    Cubical Dream Pt. 5 (Upgrade a modern mansion to level 5)
    Above the clouds of Springfield Pt. 5 (Business center to level 5)
    Springfield Heights Pt. 10 (Unlock marketing agency).

That's all I have in my task list :). Thanks for helping guys, I'm really grateful :)
  • I know this wont help much, but sometimes you have to be patient. I was around level 200 in one of my side towns when the quests for the old jewish guy started. That town is at 939 now and I still sont have side show bob!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Yeah, it's just really confusing to be honest, shouldn't really tell you you need to get to level 52 to unlock a character and then when you get there it doesn't unlock, usually games would be set up to guide you through and continue so you know what to do to unlock it rather than guess work or it just not unlocking for whatever reason.

I'm a bit annoyed to be honest cause I was purposely building up the XP and doing lots of things to get to the level so I could specifically unlock this character. The Family Therapy scene is one of my favourite ever scenes in The Simpsons among many, however I really wanted this character specifically and now I've got there and done all the work and it's not unlocked. So frustrating.

• wadebear
    3692 posts Member
    And don't forget to do Krustyland! You have to do Krustyland! You can't skip it! I can't stress to you how important this is! And I seem to be really excited this morning! Exclamation! Exclamation I say!
  • jsh0982
    58 posts Member
    I think maybe you should solve the previous Quest.

you need Lv52 to get Dr. Marvin, but your quest line is only about 42.
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    This is a list of level buildings from the tips thread:
    Eysuz5Rl.jpg
    You have to do part of the level 43 quest in Krustyland before you can continue with level 44 etc in Springfield. Find the lowest level building that you don't have in the list above, then try to build them in the order listed.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    wadebear wrote: »
    And don't forget to do Krustyland! You have to do Krustyland! You can't skip it! I can't stress to you how important this is! And I seem to be really excited this morning! Exclamation! Exclamation I say!

This is it. The one time that EA decided that you needed to complete things in Krustyland. Unless you get Penelope and the wheel, you are stopped from proceeding.

I am also confused why somebody thought it was appropriate to flag the OP. This isn't a spam thread.
  • Right, I didn't know all this. Thanks guys I really appreciate it!!

Yeah no idea why someone flagged it, guess it's just someone being a clown really.

Anyway, thanks again, it's much appreciated :)
  • liamchandler
    543 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    You can only have so many storyline quests running at the same time. It's deliberate to make it last longer. You need to clear your current quests that arent event quests.

*edit* It will more than likely be the Krustyland quest you need to complete, I remember having the same pain when it was released.
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    This is a list of level buildings from the tips thread:
    Eysuz5Rl.jpg
    You have to do part of the level 43 quest in Krustyland before you can continue with level 44 etc in Springfield. Find the lowest level building that you don't have in the list above, then try to build them in the order listed.

I knew you would ride in to save the day!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • As the chart shows it doesn't matter as much what level you are as so much what level quest you are on. You could be level 939 and still have practically no one. :p

So yep, Krustyland sounds like the culprit.
  • It's mad is that, I don't really get why the game would be set up that way as I imagine there are so many people baffled by this and don't even look for a forum so probably just end up deleting the game. Seems kinda strange they'd say you need to get to a certain level to unlock a character and then be like 'No, it's this really' afterwards but don't even tell you.
  • When the game originally came out there was often quite long periods between updates and the addition of new levels so it wasn't really a problem as you completed levels as they where released so ending up with being at a higher xp level than task completed level wasn't really a problem, the problem has also been increased with the release of the xp collider giving a 5x boost meaning that the xp goes up even faster.
  • johncolombo
    11281 posts Senior Moderator
    meinaz wrote: »
    wadebear wrote: »

This is it. The one time that EA decided that you needed to complete things in Krustyland. Unless you get Penelope and the wheel, you are stopped from proceeding.

I am also confused why somebody thought it was appropriate to flag the OP. This isn't a spam thread.

Thanks for pointing the spam mark out. I have removed it and messaged the person who made the spam mark.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ