EA Forums - Banner

Darn Bonuts need 3 picks lately

Prev1
It seems like over the last few weeks I can NEVER pick the 3 Bonuts until the 3rd pick.

I used to pick them over half the time on the first pick, and hardly ever had to use all 3. But now it's every stinking time! I'm actually losing money over the course of the day now as a result, lol

Am I the only one??

Replies

• heyababy47428
    1023 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Depending on your multiplier, you may be wasting cash on repicking that would be better spent towards your next KEM/bloodmobile/rattraptruck.
    I think it's 600% multiplier where you should only ever roll TWICE never the 3rd time. You take a two-donut result everytime without buying the extra attempts.

If youre still below 600%, dont worry about it. The odds even out in the long run.
  • The last few days seem really bad with the boxes, seem to hit 1 bonut every time! I do however only roll the dice once more, I'm happy to take 2 bonuts if necessary but can never bring myself to just take the one! My current multi is about 460%
  • Try this:

http://lwshost.com/tsto/simkem.pl

Someone posted this a while back.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I will always trade cash for donuts. I know it's better in the long run to save them for buying stuff to make XP, but my cash keeps going up regardless, so I don't save.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • Try this:

Wow! This should be pinned
  • Try this:

I agree. I have it in my bookmarks, as I use it pretty regularly. Someone made it and posted the link here a while ago, it wasn't a regular (i think) but I dont remember their name. I wish I did so they could get the credit and thanks they deserve.

If anyone knows who this person is, please let me know, PM me if you don't want to post it.
  • Depending on your multiplier, you may be wasting cash on repicking that would be better spent towards your next KEM/bloodmobile/rattraptruck.
    I think it's 600% multiplier where you should only ever roll TWICE never the 3rd time. You take a two-donut result everytime without buying the extra attempts.

If youre still below 600%, dont worry about it. The odds even out in the long run.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that! I am around 438% and I am still struggling with the third box pick which reduces my cash! I will definitely work to be on 600%!
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I always open until I get 3 donuts. I am not hurting for money and have been increasing quite fast even with the extra money for picking boxes. I feel your pain OP I was going through a similar slump but not as long as yours. I have been pretty good picking correctly on the first box lately.
  • The donut calculator from the link I posted above makes suggestions on whether to pick extra boxes or not based on the info you supply. So far I have been following it and it seems to be right on with it's "advice"
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    The donut calculator from the link I posted above makes suggestions on whether to pick extra boxes or not based on the info you supply. So far I have been following it and it seems to be right on with it's "advice"

I used it and it told me to never pick another box. I understand the reasoning but I also want to maximize the number of donuts I get. Money is not my limiting factor. If it was, then I would probably follow it. The number of KEMs I can build is my limiting factor, so picking three allows me to get the most donuts.
  • girl22721
    1148 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Try this:

I agree. I have it in my bookmarks, as I use it pretty regularly. Someone made it and posted the link here a while ago, it wasn't a regular (i think) but I dont remember their name. I wish I did so they could get the credit and thanks they deserve.

If anyone knows who this person is, please let me know, PM me if you don't want to post it.

The 'KEM Farm Simulator' was created by member @alapalme - see the discussion here:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/comment/1561304/#Comment_1561304
  • rw228
    1043 posts Member
    I never go past the first box. For awhile I thought I found a pattern but it changed again. There is definitely a time when for singles come in a row for a box. So if you always pick the left box you will run into times where four boxes in a row is one donut.
  • daved7637397
    7222 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    girl22721 wrote: »
    Try this:

The 'KEM Farm Simulator' was created by member @alapalme - see the discussion here:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/comment/1561304/#Comment_1561304

Thank you very much. I will make sure he gets the credit he so deserves.

@meinaz I understand you logic. As I said, I do the same thing from time to time if I need the donuts for something.
  • I'm pretty sure the advice you can get through the simulator is good for everybody, not only if you are strapped for cash. It's simply about maximizing your profit.

All the cash you didn't use for buying 2nd and 3rd boxes could be used for buying even more KEMs (or Bloodmobiles, if space is an issue), and thus leveling up even faster (and having another chance at getting 3 bonuts the first time)
  • 168sean168
    3034 posts Member
    I now generally play only the first box during a stretch of bonus level ups. For those occassional level ups, I will play to 3 donuts. Main thing is that it is more time consuming and much more expensive to go all the way to the 3rd donuts.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I'm pretty sure the advice you can get through the simulator is good for everybody, not only if you are strapped for cash. It's simply about maximizing your profit.

All the cash you didn't use for buying 2nd and 3rd boxes could be used for buying even more KEMs (or Bloodmobiles, if space is an issue), and thus leveling up even faster (and having another chance at getting 3 bonuts the first time)

You are correct. I am just not that concerned about actually maximizing my profit. I would rather have the donuts. I build 63 KEMs every four hours and am not going to be building more than that. Saving money to build more doesn't make sense to me since I already have 125 million dollars sitting there that can be used to build more. I will farm bloodmobiles if I need donuts right away, but I haven't had to do that in about six months. The KEMs have made enough for me. If farming goes away, I would be happier that I "wasted" money to get to 3 donuts each time.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the advice you can get through the simulator is good for everybody, not only if you are strapped for cash. It's simply about maximizing your profit.

You are correct. I am just not that concerned about actually maximizing my profit. I would rather have the donuts. I build 63 KEMs every four hours and am not going to be building more than that. Saving money to build more doesn't make sense to me since I already have 125 million dollars sitting there that can be used to build more. I will farm bloodmobiles if I need donuts right away, but I haven't had to do that in about six months. The KEMs have made enough for me. If farming goes away, I would be happier that I "wasted" money to get to 3 donuts each time.

Very good point at the end there. I hadn't thought of that. I use just about all I earn so I guess I would be in the same boat to some extent, just not on purpose (until now, thanks B))
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Try this:

The evidence is insurmountable yet my head hurts not getting all three donuts. I was so sleepy last night that I accepted only 2 donuts once. A little pain. :p

Though, the fact that I'm not running out of money like might be the case with a bloodmobile farm means it doesn't affect my ability to earn the most donuts.
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Main thing is that it is more time consuming and much more expensive to go all the way to the 3rd donuts.
    It is time consuming. That's my one good reason for at least stopping at two attempts.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I've been doing the stop at 2 or 3 donuts which ever comes first since I started farming. It works well. Some times I get lucky and some times I don't. I almost always pick the middle box first.
  • It seems like over the last few weeks I can NEVER pick the 3 Bonuts until the 3rd pick.

I used to pick them over half the time on the first pick, and hardly ever had to use all 3. But now it's every stinking time! I'm actually losing money over the course of the day now as a result, lol

Am I the only one??

This a really useful tool when deciding how many boxes to pick.