Thanks for this! Very useful!
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Great post - thanks.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited March 2013
    Just another thank you! I've been trying to figure out for a while now why a couple of my ratings stay low despite progressing in the game. Not buying a bunch of Krusty Burgers, but I'll grab a small variety of extra houses.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited March 2013
    Great info, thanks!
  • stevieort
    605 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    This is a *fantastic* post! Thank you so, so much. I intuited that my Gluttony rating dropped meant I needed more dupe restaurants, but I thought that might have been triggered by a small land grab made to accommodate Buddist Temple/Learning Annex/Mt. Carlmore/Magnifying Glass. Bummed about my loosing my 5-Star rating, but I can't really see getting anymore Krusty Burgers or Gulp N Blows right now. They would be so close to the others that it would look ridiculous. And I already have two Lard Lads, so that's not really an option either.

Anyway, this is a super useful post. THANK YOU!!
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Interesting information, I'm too tired to decipher and process it tonight.

Although, I will say....I am not littering my town with 16 restaurants!

I have to count but I don't think I have 28 houses and yet my meter for that doesn't move. It's the stupid gluttony that took a nose dive after this update.

Yours too? Yesterday I dropped for gluttony to 2 stars, this morning I have 4. I already have 2 GNB and 2 krustyburgers, so i only would buy more if there is some more land :evil: ,
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2013
    Yet Another outstanding Thread of information from Mr S :D

All there is too say is........

u8awa.gif

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited March 2013
    tumblr_mfei6zeJl41rds0r4o1_500.gif
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited March 2013
    Also, to the Righteousness portion: mine just randomly dropped from five stars to one. I visited neighbors earlier today, vandalizing, but that didn't seem to do anything to it. It had been a while since those visits and since anyone had been to my town and vandalized buildings for me to clean up.
    It really just seems like there is at least some (major?) element of randomness to this one.
  • psukegreen
    539 posts
    edited March 2013
    thank much appreciated hope this gets sticky.
  • fuzznugget77
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    This is brilliant info, should be stickied
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited March 2013
    This explain why even after adding 2 extra GnB that i stayed at 4 stars for gluttony, sigh back to being at a4.5% bonus for the foreseeable future...
  • FrinksIntern
    282 posts
    edited March 2013
    BUMP! :mrgreen:

This needs to be a sticky thread!(They should make Simpsons00001 a moderator already :))
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    Thank you very much for this indeed.

I am cranky that EA is forcing "gluttony farming." C'mon guys: either provide more restaurants or lower the requirement.

Me too. Thanks for the time it took for the post, and, "Dear EA: A town full of Krusty Burgers and Kwik e Marts isn't fun for me. "

Bet they'll lose sleep over that. :wink:
  • akira2501
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Great info thanks!

Now if I could only find a way to make my town look less stupid with all these Gulp n'blows
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited March 2013
    Also, to the Righteousness portion: mine just randomly dropped from five stars to one. I visited neighbors earlier today, vandalizing, but that didn't seem to do anything to it. It had been a while since those visits and since anyone had been to my town and vandalized buildings for me to clean up.
    It really just seems like there is at least some (major?) element of randomness to this one.
    ...and another follow-up. Less than 24 hours, another drop. Haven't visited anyone since last night (and everyone is still in 24-hour lockout) and have cleaned my buildings a couple times today. Dunno if it helps, but there ya go.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    akira2501 wrote:
    Great info thanks!

Now if I could only find a way to make my town look less stupid with all these Gulp n'blows
    One way is to surround each with a road to simulate a drive through. You can add some pavement around them and give them dumpsters. Also the buildings are good to hide stuff with. I have a ton of white fences and other stuff acquired from misery boxes. To use them all and not clutter up the place I hide them behind my extra dupe buildings.

Using this trick helps me maintain my 5 star in the other categories.
  • HayIeycakes
    94 posts
    edited March 2013
    so pointless and stupid. needing to have like 3 or 4 of everything duplicated just to get 5 stars. im not even gonna bother with the stars anymore. EA is dumb and whoevers idea that was should get fired
  • azchristopher
    239 posts
    edited March 2013
    ...and another follow-up. Less than 24 hours, another drop. Haven't visited anyone since last night (and everyone is still in 24-hour lockout) and have cleaned my buildings a couple times today. Dunno if it helps, but there ya go.

Yeah, mine seems to drop at completely random times. Even when I've been actively spray painting/cleaning.
  • stevieort
    605 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Bought more land, added another Lard Lad, 5-Star rating restored. I am such a sucker. :oops:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!