EA Forums - Banner

Lawyer's

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I'm so incredibly frustrated at the lawyer part of this event! Like throw stuff frustrated.

I get the notification that I have been served, can't find anything!

I left more than 50 lawyers in neighbor towns this morning, got a big fat no one helped me message, likely cause they can't find what I'm leaving.

This stinks! I HATE this part of the event!

Sorry to my neighbors I'm trying to help you, but just don't know if it's worth it at this point!

Keep dropping. You get the same benefit whether or not they tap them. Many of us are experiencing this.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    @4kidsandacatdog I do listen to Weird Al's songs in the old days. Checked out Eat it and I think King of Suede. The two songs I remember off the back of my head

I remember Eat It, Like A Surgeon and Fat (Michael Jackson's Bad)
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    There was a thread in OT quite awhile ago about Weird Al songs. My favorite is "Spam" a parody of REM's "Stand".
  • I remember "Smells like Nirvana" and "Amish Paradise"

I wonder what artists of today he parodies? There's so many YouTubers that do that now. He had the whole genre to himself pre-internet.
  • tapebelt wrote: »
    Done a little playing about just now, basically had the game on two accounts on two devices at the same time..

As soon as I dropped lawyers, they appeared in my main town, every time I checked my main town from the other, it showed exactly how many spaces I had left, then upon going back to the other town it popped up a box showing rewards for the lawyers I had tapped, even though I hadn't got them all... Once I'd tapped two more, synchronised the other town, straight away another pop-up box with rewards..

So, It seems that as soon as you tap a lawyer, Your neighbour gets a reward and they or A.N.Other neighbour can drop a lawyer in immediately, but given the lack of court summons people are getting, there may always be room in a town...

For the record.. a notification on a third device linked to my main town wasn't far off after I'd dropped lawyers as well, so they seem pretty swift

The lawyers don't show in your town in the same place as they're dropped (someone else mentioned this but can't find that post to credit them or their mate Mikey) and even looking in my town from the other showed a lawyer in one place that wasn't there in my town

Anyway, left two lawyers in my town to see how long it takes before my other town gets a notice that they've been cleared...if I can remember to check in four hours or so anyway...:lol:

Hope this helps!

Edit: Well I never got to the 4hr mark.... I accidentally clicked one clearing my town at one point, then a while later a bus full of lawyers from a few other towns arrived so I ended up getting itchy fingers...

i mentioned it... along with the other info you just mentioned. it's on the previous page... :smile:

Well thank you, it was that information that inspired me to try it all out this morning to help back up your findings...now if you wanna sue me for using your information and not giving full credit, you better send some lawyers over to get me.... :lol:

2838216.jpg
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • rw228
    1047 posts Member
    I'm so incredibly frustrated at the lawyer part of this event! Like throw stuff frustrated.

I get the notification that I have been served, can't find anything!

I left more than 50 lawyers in neighbor towns this morning, got a big fat no one helped me message, likely cause they can't find what I'm leaving.

Sorry to my neighbors I'm trying to help you, but just don't know if it's worth it at this point!

My game is functioning the exact same way! It's very frustrating
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member

Remember that you still earn the full reward whether anyone helped you or not.

True, the neighbor isn't helped. Still I'd say it's worth it. Try other neighbors. Look for flags to help identify time zones so you can drop them of at better times.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I remember "Smells like Nirvana" and "Amish Paradise"

I wonder what artists of today he parodies? There's so many YouTubers that do that now. He had the whole genre to himself pre-internet.
    *cough* No he didn't! Dr. Demento played a ton of songs that weren't Weird Al. In fact, there's songs floating around the internet labeled Weird Al that aren't. That has created this impression.

He has parodied Lady GaGa and many modern artists.

• 00mesmerelda00
    2724 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @simp7fan So Al is a hot woman after all :D What a bod! Many here will be happy to see they were right. ;) (I'm lookin' at you JC) I'll have to google Dr. Demento, never heard of him.

And thank you for putting me in my place *cough* um, correcting me ;)
  • The best thing I remember about Weird Al...... The film UHF....I absolutely love it, then again, I'm someone who likes sarcasm, slapstick and exaggerated humour.....If you haven't watched it, you should.... Wheel of Fish "What's in the box??".... Look up, look down, now look at Mr. frying pan..... Supplies!!..

I'm actually gonna get the DVD out and watch it again right now.... Plus all the other songs that's been mentioned, I remember downloading all those music videos off Kazaa!!
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @simp7fan So Al is a hot woman after all :D What a bod! Many here will be happy to see they were right. ;) (I'm lookin' at you JC)
    You made me choke on my own laughter. I can't believe I had a hand in helping that silly argument. LOL
  • The best thing I remember about Weird Al...... The film UHF....I absolutely love it, then again, I'm someone who likes sarcasm, slapstick and exaggerated humour.....If you haven't watched it, you should.... Wheel of Fish "What's in the box??".... Look up, look down, now look at Mr. frying pan..... Supplies!!..

I'm actually gonna get the DVD out and watch it again right now.... Plus all the other songs that's been mentioned, I remember downloading all those music videos off Kazaa!!

i was wondering when/if someone would mention UHF.... can't say i've ever been a weird al fan, but that movie is classic! watched it over and over back in the day, my brother and i even used to play this game with each other to see if we could guess which part/quote from the movie we were thinking of. oh man, can't tell you what those memories are worth.....

weirdal.jpg

200.gif
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    My lawyers have defeated me lol :D Apologies to all my neighbors.. I'm sorry!
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • @tapebelt I'm so glad it's not just me.... I made sure my kids watched it a couple of times but some of the references went right over their heads, (The Dire Straits/Beverly hillbillies parody for one) still enough good comedy value to keep them amused though Stanley Spadowski(sp?) digging through the cereal for the toy reminded them of how they'd do that and try not to get caught because they wanted the toy first....

All fun memories...bit gutted right now as my DVD player isn't multi-regional like my last one and can't play the disc....can do it on my PC but currently busy....
  • sjsebayacc131
    2074 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Chances are good that if we're neighbors I just dropped lawyers in your town. Let me know if I missed you and I will make sure to get you next round.

Also, send me a neighbor request if you want me to drop in your town. Send me a PM if your name is different than it is on here.

@devilhunt1449 Your town is full so I couldn't drop any.

• @meinaz

I thought we were already neighbors. Next batch of lawyers I collect will be yours. :)
  • simp7fan wrote: »

True, the neighbor isn't helped. Still I'd say it's worth it. Try other neighbors. Look for flags to help identify time zones so you can drop them of at better times.

Thanks, I have put the flag in and have looked for others, though I've not found any.

I had a little better luck yesterday with finding them. Still I'm not getting much when the box pops up, maybe I'm missing something there. How often does the box come up?

Thanks, I have put the flag in and have looked for others, though I've not found any.

I had a little better luck yesterday with finding them. Still I'm not getting much when the box pops up, maybe I'm missing something there. How often does the box come up?

As far as I can work out it comes up either just after whoever you've given them too has cleared them or four hours after you've dropped them if they haven't. ..

As far as I can work out it comes up either just after whoever you've given them too has cleared them or four hours after you've dropped them if they haven't. ..

So far it has appeared as soon as the neighbour has cleared up *if* I am online, if I'm out of the game then its delay varies considerably.
  • I'm not getting nearly enough lawyers for friends. I'm trying folks, if I didn't catch you- don't sue me, I got no lawyer.
    This aspect of event is a bit frustrating.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.