EA Forums - Banner

Smaller Venues are Better for Earning Event Currency

Prev13
simp7fan
4163 posts Member
edited August 2017
Don't just send every performer to the venue with 4 slots. You can get more currency by filling up the 2 slot venues first. 2 bonuses will get you more than 1.

Math is approximate.
4 slots will get you 150, plus 1 slot at another venue will add 25 for a total of 175.
2 slots will earn 100. That's 200 for 2. Plus one slot alone for an extra 25.

That's 225 versus 150. A bit more with Lisa in the bonus slot. And more with premium characters.
Post edited by simp7fan on
Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.

Replies

• wadebear
    4139 posts Member
    Thanks! I didn't even notice you could send characters to play music at Moe's or the Kwik-E-Mart at first. I wish they would explain things more clearly in this game. That's one of the things I like about the game with the Guy who has a Family: built in game FAQs.
    Of course it hasn't helped that our internet has been going out all day...
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    Don't just send every performer to the venue with 4 slots. You can get more currency by filling up the 2 slot venues first. 2 bonuses will get you more than 1.

Math is approximate.
    4 slots will get you 150, plus 1 slot at another venue will add 25 for a total of 175.
    2 slots will earn 100. That's 200 for 2. Plus one slot alone for an extra 25.

That's 225 versus 150. A bit more with Lisa in the bonus slot. And more with premium characters.

What would I do without you?
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    I wasn't sure it was clear enough to follow. Glad you did. If someone doesn't get it I hope you can explain it better.

Two people helped. More, more. ;) Also, you're welcome (so far).
  • johncolombo
    11498 posts Senior Moderator
    Thanks. Make sure this info gets into the strategy guide. Hope it gets started tomorrow.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Thank you for pointing that out!
  • Thanks B)
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    I think Lisa earns 50 because she has 2 stars. Was that just me?

It looks like a character earns 25 per star, but I can't confirm above 2 stars.

The bonus slot, regardless of who is in it, earns an extra 50.

The strategy might be different with more characters. Someone can do that math and see.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Good shout though, I had four people on the rock stage before realising there was other venues, now its a case of fill Moe's and KEM and just leave whoever's left over to go on the stage
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • rw228
    1057 posts Member
    Premium earn more in the bonus slot and should be saved for that. They earn 112 in the bonus and 62 in regular ones. So if you have three premium characters use one at each place and make sure they are in the bonus slot.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    rw228 wrote: »
    Premium earn more in the bonus slot and should be saved for that. They earn 112 in the bonus and 62 in regular ones. So if you have three premium characters use one at each place and make sure they are in the bonus slot.
    That's exactly 50 more. Same as I said. Nothing to do with their earning power, only the bonus slot itself.

Looks like your bonus character has 2½ stars, earning him 2.5 times more than a 1 star (25). Thanks for verifying that it's number of stars times 25 (the base amount).
  • Thank you this is extremely helpful :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I was wondering about this! Thanks for pointing it out.
  • I was doing this from the start, but I wasn't sure it was the best way, so thank you for confirming.
  • jtgroth
    372 posts Member
    The only way it matters right now is if you only have 5 performers. Each performer earns their amount regardless of venue. The bonus is the same amount for all venues. As long as you are getting the most number of bonuses for your performers it will add up to the same total. If you only have 4 or 5 performers, then you definitely want to do the small venues first. 6 or more is the same total
  • jtgroth wrote: »
    The only way it matters right now is if you only have 5 performers. Each performer earns their amount regardless of venue. The bonus is the same amount for all venues. As long as you are getting the most number of bonuses for your performers it will add up to the same total. If you only have 4 or 5 performers, then you definitely want to do the small venues first. 6 or more is the same total

KEM needs 2 to get the bonus, Moe's also needs 2, while the stage needs 4 before a bonus, 6 would not have the same total if you use the first 4 on the stage.
  • Thanks @simp7fan super helpful :)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    You're welcome to my new batch of thankers. ;)B)
    I was doing this from the start, but I wasn't sure it was the best way, so thank you for confirming.
    Why did you do this without math reasons? Was it the obvious presence of those bonus slots?
    simp7fan wrote: »
    You're welcome to my new batch of thankers. ;)B)
    I was doing this from the start, but I wasn't sure it was the best way, so thank you for confirming.
    Why did you do this without math reasons? Was it the obvious presence of those bonus slots?

I shoot from the hip. There's three ways of doing things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!

Actually, you're right, it saw two bonuses, I went for two.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    Cool beans. :)
  • smohqy
    2106 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »
    Cool beans. :)

Frio frijoles.