EA Forums - Banner

Did you hesitate to buy Bleeding Gums?

Replies

• That stinks. He'll be back with a discount.
  • I have him now so cool that he is
  • Instabuy. It was the first thing I saw in the store after downloading the update and I just clicked without even looking how many donuts he cost. Plus the Jazz Hole too - what's not to love??!!
  • While I'm dying to get him, I only make a dozen or two donuts a day, so I have to wait. Furthermore, I want to maximize the event, so I'll probably buy the two rockers first. They are only around the first two weeks, and Bleeding Gums is here the entire event, so I'll exercise some restraint and wait.

I'm sort of inclined that way too. Just wish the vehicle had a better bonus.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    I bought him with what I had then spent 50

Wish I could. I've got some unusual expenses coming up though, so can't justify the splurge. I just have to keep grinding!
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    I bought him with what I had then spent 50

Wish I could. I've got some unusual expenses coming up though, so can't justify the splurge. I just have to keep grinding!

Same here. Wife just got laid off with a 3 month at home. Working 12-14 hour days to try and stay ahead. No purchases from me either for the time being.
  • Nope! Bought him as soon as I downloaded the update! Been wanting him for YEARS!! Delighted to finally have him.
  • cvax7
    249 posts Member
    While I'm dying to get him, I only make a dozen or two donuts a day, so I have to wait. Furthermore, I want to maximize the event, so I'll probably buy the two rockers first. They are only around the first two weeks, and Bleeding Gums is here the entire event, so I'll exercise some restraint and wait.

Are they two different characters? Do they earn event currencies?
  • Yes, the 2 rockers are 2 separate characters @cvax7 And both can earn event currency at jam events.
  • KeithEl777 wrote: »
    Yes, the 2 rockers are 2 separate characters @cvax7 And both can earn event currency at jam events.

what star rating are they? and do they only have the rock symbols next to them (under star management) or will they be able to be used in the other 2 acts as well?
  • They are both on tasks just now. I THINK they are 2 1/2 stars each but I can't remember what symbols they have next to their name - will check and get back to you after 3.00 GMT!
  • cvax7
    249 posts Member
    KeithEl777 wrote: »
    Yes, the 2 rockers are 2 separate characters @cvax7 And both can earn event currency at jam events.

Thanks, i'll get them soon as I get 15 more donuts.
  • I would buy him again if I could!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • you should be able to see them under the star management tab in the event tab.
  • C0rgano
    443 posts Member
    While I'm dying to get him, I only make a dozen or two donuts a day, so I have to wait. Furthermore, I want to maximize the event, so I'll probably buy the two rockers first. They are only around the first two weeks, and Bleeding Gums is here the entire event, so I'll exercise some restraint and wait.

did the same here... bought the two rockers first since they were only around for a couple weeks, and since they both can earn currency it's also nice to get them early and on the job.... I'll nab BG in a few more days.

• 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    We've all been demanding for him for years. Why wouldn't we get him?
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    you should be able to see them under the star management tab in the event tab.

Thanks @hatchet669! I can confirm that both Shredder Stevens and Freddy Freeman are both 2 1/2-star performers (as is Bleeding Gums Murphy) Shredder and Freddy look like they can only be used in Act 1 (they each only have the blue mark against their name) whereas Bleeding Gums has all 3 symbols next to his name.

• I would buy him again if I could!

this-gif-4.gif
  • KeithEl777 wrote: »
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    you should be able to see them under the star management tab in the event tab.

Thanks @hatchet669! I can confirm that both Shredder Stevens and Freddy Freeman are both 2 1/2-star performers (as is Bleeding Gums Murphy) Shredder and Freddy look like they can only be used in Act 1 (they each only have the blue mark against their name) whereas Bleeding Gums has all 3 symbols next to his name.

Or, perhaps, the blue mark means that both guys can only use the Rock Stage (not the other 2 stages that should be coming up in the next 2 acts), and can, in fact, be used across all 3 acts? Not sure!
  • OhHappyJays
    1623 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Didn't really hesitate to buy him. There's more than 39 days left to get other things I want (like the Flaming Moe's facade).

The other character I really want is Michael Jackson, but I feel like he's going to be a Homerpalooza reward during Stage 2.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.