EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #14: HOMERPALOOZA: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• rw228
    1047 posts Member
    Does anyone know what the possible daily challenge prizes are? So far I've just had 1000 cuffs. No crafting currency options yet.
  • Edit:
    Just while I'm thinking about Weird Al tasks, everybody could do well to remember to stagger the coin collectors in order to maximise returns...

E.g. I've got 96/100 for the first quest part, so have sent Skinner to earn 4 coins and then waited ten minutes to send the other five on tasks so that when Skinner finishes, he can trigger the next quest and then I'll get a 20 coin boost

Actually, if you forget, the game bails you out a little. The tasks don't all happen at the same place (at least for now), so if you just tap slowly on them, you shouldn't over-run on a level.

Good call!I hadn't noticed that aspect this time around...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • For the Weird Al tasks, make sure you watch your tap counter closely. Any coins in excess of your goal are lost. This is important if you have Sherri and Terri who pay out 12 instead of 4. On my device, they are always collected last and on at least 2 occasions I only needed 4 to complete the level. The first time I lost 8 coins. The second time I watched carefully and when I was 12 away from completing the level, I found Terri and Sherri manually and was able to carry over two other 4-coin jobs.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • kromkromkrom
    470 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    rw228 wrote: »
    Simpsons house just unlocked as a venue for me with two open slots.

It opened up for me too. Silly that there aren't enough performers though. Even if I had rockstar Maggie, I'd be one short.

Any idea when more character to perform will come available?

It's best to send the character with the most stars to the bonus box, I noticed it's higher pay.
    rw228 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the possible daily challenge prizes are? So far I've just had 1000 cuffs. No crafting currency options yet.

I've only had cuffs. Had saved three dailies from before the event because they were SH :smiley:

It's nice that the Weird Al tasks are at different locations, if you remember where your characters are you don't even have to stagger them that much.

• rw228 wrote: »

That seems to be the lower of the cuffs payout as well, I had one this morning for 1500 cuffs (you can see it in a screenshot in the FF spawn thread) but apart from seeing somewhere you could win court summons, I can only assume it's the usual doughnuts thrown in as well

It opened up for me too. Silly that there aren't enough performers though. Even if I had rockstar Maggie, I'd be one short.

Don't remember exactly when, but I think there's a skin for Otto coming, plus the drummer Nick Delacourt that gets unlocked in the first act.

Don't remember exactly when, but I think there's a skin for Otto coming, plus the drummer Nick Delacourt that gets unlocked in the first act.

It seems like we will get more performers as the event goes along. Right now it seems like under normal circumstances, many are at 9 performers for 10 slots
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Thanks @HappyGamer73
    It seems that the rock venue will have only a two man show until the Sungazers get united :D
  • rw228
    1047 posts Member
    @Dougie_Powers_17 thanks for the info. I was hoping there was an option to get tickets for crafting but sounds like there isn't.

• It's nice that the Weird Al tasks are at different locations, if you remember where your characters are you don't even have to stagger them that much.

Yeah... I got in a bit of a flap over that one, sorry everyone, I've just been burned a couple of times trying to stagger people and something has happened where I've lost out, Pride was another occasion hence it being a bit raw... Maybe EA have sert it like this to help us.. :open_mouth:
  • johncolombo
    11273 posts Senior Moderator
    sorry if I missed this but for the list Lawyers and fans are characters so you can turn everything else off to help find them.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    It's best to send the character with the most stars to the bonus box, I noticed it's higher pay.
    It's the same +50 for any character. It just seems more if they start with more. Check it out.
    E.g. I've got 96/100 for the first quest part, so have sent Skinner to earn 4 coins and then waited ten minutes to send the other five on tasks so that when Skinner finishes, he can trigger the next quest and then I'll get a 20 coin boost
    It bugs me that it's designed to be 4 less each round. I simply rushed one task for 2 donuts..... :pensive:

I'll probably do something like your technique this next time, though..... no, I mean, the time after that.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    I simply rushed one task for 2 donuts..... :pensive:

Every doughnut is precious to me, even if I do somehow manage to spend 2 of them speeding up Homer while he's collecting trash for the dump even though spend confirmation is on!!..... (don't ask, as I simply haven't got a clue!)... at least the game was kind to me and when I decided to do an unscheduled round of neighbour visits, it gave me two doughnuts....

But anyway, at least this time they're in different places (as kromkromkrom pointed out) and can be cleared one at a time so if you hit the target, you shouldn't lose any of the others
  • There was a new grouping of characters set up from the update, so more characters could end up being used on stages. It's annoying that during a music event, actual musicians aren't generating anything. It feels like a cheat to have Lurleen Lumpkin not earning or performing.
  • higher yield from filling the 2 bonus slots in kem and moes than sending them all to rock stage.
  • johncolombo
    11273 posts Senior Moderator
    There was a new grouping of characters set up from the update, so more characters could end up being used on stages. It's annoying that during a music event, actual musicians aren't generating anything. It feels like a cheat to have Lurleen Lumpkin not earning or performing.

we do have a lot of musicians.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 1iEjSnWl.jpg
    After reading several threads, other players have come up with the idea that the coloured icons refer to which acts characters will be used for.
    BLUE - rock (act 1)
    PINK - pop (act 2)
    GREEN - hip-hop (act 3)
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • i am one of those. Now that i see we are getting 2 more stages a pop and rap stage, this could apply to which of those stages they can play on. But i still think it has to do with the acts they will help on. I don't see the rockers on the rock stages producing currency for pop or rap during the following acts... just my 2 cents
  • From various threads:
    Tapping on Weird Al calls all fans to him, in your own town or a neighbours town.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    i am one of those. Now that i see we are getting 2 more stages a pop and rap stage, this could apply to which of those stages they can play on. But i still think it has to do with the acts they will help on. I don't see the rockers on the rock stages producing currency for pop or rap during the following acts... just my 2 cents

Looking at the sheer numbers of event currency we have to earn in the other two acts, I'm guessing they will, so we have to make sure the right people are on the right stages to earn enough event currencies...

(PS...Got your lawyers, but only had two left to send back, sorry :()