EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #14: HOMERPALOOZA: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• The craftable spotlights are a huge XP bonus. I don't think anything else is. For a measly 15 tickets, you get a lot of base XP points, then whatever your bonus is.

I just checked the white spotlights
    No bonus
    What spotlights give a bonus, and how much?
    Thanks
  • wadebear wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    Remove all your Streets except a section right by your action area. Replace them with concrete or dirt.
    The Fans and Lawyers all gather up on my Street section. I never have to look for them because they all come to me.
    This will also help your neighbors - my neighbors don't have to hunt for Fans all over my town because they're right there ready to be tapped. B)
    Actually the lawyers don't all go on the streets as shown in this screenshot, which is nowhere near a road:
    AxTbnLIl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • 47?!......I'm lucky to get 7....:lol:
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • 2Strange4You
    69 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Still wondering about spotlight % bonus, but yes, how to get 47 lawyers? I too am mostly on the single digit side of this lawyer situation.
    Also, if it has already been addressed sorry, but is there a cap on how many lawyers can be acquired/accumulated?
    Thanks to All
    Post edited by 2Strange4You on
  • Muhsterino
    4487 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    47?!......I'm lucky to get 7....:lol:
    Still wondering about spotlight % bonus, but yes, how to get 47 lawyers? I too am mostly on the single digit side of this lawyer situation.
    Also, if it has already been addressed sorry, but is there a cap on how many lawyers can be acquired/accumulated?
    Thank to All
    I have been doing friends visits (29 taps per day), my husband sends me lawyers but doesn't want any in return (he finds it too annoying looking for them) and I also save them up until later in the day when it is more likely my friends are awake.
    The spotlight doesn't have a % bonus the previous poster mentioned the XP bonus once the crafted item had been placed.
    You can only have 10 lawyers in your town at any one time.
    I have updated my first post on the first page with LPN's thread links (calendar, dates, crafting etc) to make them easier to find.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hey guys, sorry I've missed yesterday when this thread BLEW UP! Was not expecting that!! Hahahahaha!!
    I'm here now to update the front page though, so fear no longer, you don't have to read every post!!
    Thanks also to @Muhsterino for keeping things updated, you're a life saver!!

EDIT: Front Page Updated!
    Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • So does the venue you send your Musicians to not affect the payouts?
  • airbornepork
    91 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Two questions I haven't seen answered definitively (possible I've just not seen):

1. How many tickets does the Flaming Moe's skin pay out?
    2. Does it make a difference if you put the high-star performers first or last or in the middle? (I've seen comments asserting both sides of this to be true, but I've not noticed any difference myself)

(Similarly, AOFIGO, as far as I can tell the venue makes no difference)
  • Two questions I haven't seen answered definitively (possible I've just not seen):

2. Does it make a difference if you put the high-star performers first or last or in the middle? (I've seen comments asserting both sides of this to be true, but I've not noticed any difference myself)

Flaming Moe's, pays 8 tickets every 4 hours. Not a lot, but it's a cool skin. I do think you want to put your highest ranked performers in the bonus spot, not sure, though.
  • Considering the Fans appear no matter what level you are at, having an alt (or more) is very attractive.. ':D
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I'm not really a fan of removing the infrastructure of my town to replace with dirt roads. It doesn't look good enough to justify a few minutes less searching

I completely understand but it is an option for people that are really struggling to find lawyers. It doesn't really take long to change the roads back and I already had lots of dirt roads in my town.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    wadebear wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    Remove all your Streets except a section right by your action area. Replace them with concrete or dirt.
    The Fans and Lawyers all gather up on my Street section. I never have to look for them because they all come to me.
    This will also help your neighbors - my neighbors don't have to hunt for Fans all over my town because they're right there ready to be tapped. B)
    Actually the lawyers don't all go on the streets as shown in this screenshot, which is nowhere near a road:
    AxTbnLIl.jpg

I just have a small strip of road and they are either on it or right near it on the grass. If you have no road, then I do think they travel all over the grass.
  • I have plenty of roads, but they appear on the grass too.
  • Lee3472
    294 posts Member
    Two questions I haven't seen answered definitively (possible I've just not seen):

Flaming Moe's, pays 8 tickets every 4 hours. Not a lot, but it's a cool skin. I do think you want to put your highest ranked performers in the bonus spot, not sure, though.

The way I understood it.....the person in the bonus slot just gets an extra 50 so no advantage with any character
    :)
  • Lee3472 wrote: »

The way I understood it.....the person in the bonus slot just gets an extra 50 so no advantage with any character
    :)
    Thanks, Lee! :)
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    I have plenty of roads, but they appear on the grass too.

I can confirm this, and I have a small area of road. They MOSTLY appear on the roads, but not exclusively for sure.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I have plenty of roads, but they appear on the grass too.

Maybe it is because you have many roads that they show up everywhere. I only have them near my small stretch of road.
  • wadebear
    3681 posts Member
    I personally don't like it when my neighbors remove all streets except for one. There are so many characters on theme street that it's hard to tap the fans.
    Yeah, I was having trouble with that in my own towns so I expanded the street areas.
    uc?export=view&id=0BxVjXB2JwaLxSzh1WkZMcnotMkU
    MUCH easier to locate individual characters and invaders.
  • wadebear
    3681 posts Member
    AxTbnLIl.jpg
    Sometimes they wander, but it's usually not very far in my towns.
  • LPN has added more info in the Star Management thread:
    YeJHcWql.jpg