EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #14: HOMERPALOOZA: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• Pokelon wrote: »
    It's random guys. So all your stages can have either rock or pop (except for the 2 principal stages that have 1 rock & 1 pop and the Elementary School only pop). So Moe's, The Simpson's House and the Kwik E Mart will randomly propose Rock or Pop. Up to you to make sure to use you characters in the right way. As said before, as we don't have many Pop players yet. Start with filling all Pop stages, do the main stage only in the end if you have characters left, so you can have bonusses everywhere. Once you're done with Pop, then start on Rock. Hope this helps?

This is almost right - Moe's and KEM are variable stages, rock stage and Simpson's house are rock only, pop stage and school are pop only. To maximize event currency, fill the small stages first and assign musicians with rock/pop crossover ability last.
  • seven43861 wrote: »
    My biggest issue with this event is the failure of consistency. 4 hours ago my Rock performers could play at Moe's and the Kwik E Mart, now they can't and I ran out of performers that were allowed to play in those locations.

I run into the same issue and came to the forum hoping to find the answer to this problem. I guess atm it's not clear. I will try to experiment with the music performers at different venues and I hope I can figure it out. First time I was left with extra unused performers but then was able to use all of them and now I can't figure out how to get them perform all again :(

Same here, I've stored and brought back out characters trying to switch their venues and max out venues and event currency, and then it doesn't work, then it does, it's probably the most frustrating issue I've had yet
  • I fill out the

Rock stage
    Pop stage
    elementary school

In that order and I don't wind up with empty slots.
  • Which characters can go where as some cart go in certain places like moes and kwicky mart
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @cool2006
    Icons for characters in chart form so far from acts 1 & 2 - premium purchases are shown at the top.
    jbZwAGrl.jpg
    Note that once Nick Delacourt's quest line is completed, he does NOT have a 4 hour job.
    @johncolombo You wanted another chart? Have this one:
    fErTBsIl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Bump.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • regarding the character chart:

Krusty, Maggie and Alcatraaaz will be able to perform a hip hop act.

Maggie will be able to do pop as well
  • In the first act did we also need 10.000 event pay-outs for the 3 donuts? I thought it was less before? I'm not sure?
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Pokelon wrote: »
    In the first act did we also need 10.000 event pay-outs for the 3 donuts? I thought it was less before? I'm not sure?

It was 5000
  • and its suppose to be 15000 for the 3rd act. My guess is you have more people to jam each act so its easier to get a higher amount each one. same reason the prize line goes up each act.

So if you missed the first act, well your screwed...
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    and its suppose to be 15000 for the 3rd act. My guess is you have more people to jam each act so its easier to get a higher amount each one. same reason the prize line goes up each

This would seem correct. Even with the amount doubled, we have more characters, with more stars. I seems to be getting there quickly.
  • I fill out the

Rock stage
    Pop stage
    elementary school

I fill out the

Rock stage
    Pop stage
    elementary school

I'm confused.l..why is no one using the auto fill button.? I was spending so much time trying to out the singers to make sure all the slots were filled until I noticed the auto fill button. Now I just have the game fill the singers in for me and I never have a leftover singer or unfilled slot.
  • psycho1189 wrote: »
    I fill out the

Rock stage
    Pop stage
    elementary school

I fill out the

Rock stage
    Pop stage
    elementary school

I'm confused.l..why is no one using the auto fill button.? I was spending so much time trying to out the singers to make sure all the slots were filled until I noticed the auto fill button. Now I just have the game fill the singers in for me and I never have a leftover singer or unfilled slot.

I would worry about sending so eone to o e stage (say the pop stage) and needing them for another (rock), especially with the limited amount of pop performers. only have 10 and sometimes i need every one on the pop side.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

It sounds like for your specific town, you have the exact same number of performers as slots (no matter if moe's/KEM is pop or rock). Most of our town are not like this. We either have unfilled slots or leftover performers at least sometimes.

It sounds like for your specific town, you have the exact same number of performers as slots (no matter if moe's/KEM is pop or rock). Most of our town are not like this. We either have unfilled slots or leftover performers at least sometimes.

I think it all depends who bought premium characters and how you use the slots...

I have not got any of the premium characters and a bit like psycho1189, I use auto-fill and have perfectly filled slots, however it means either the rock or pop stage are not used at one particular time...

Has to be noted that this was working once Weird Al had been enabled to act as either rock or pop as I could keep him and Lisa as wildcards, so no matter how I filled three of the four '2-slot' venues, Lisa and Weird Al were guaranteed to fill the last one and (done right) whoever was left filled either of the stages...

In saying all that, I just unlocked Alaska Nebraska and that's thrown it all out for the next one.... :joy: then in Act 3 we get another stage plus another venue(*) to use so it's possible the event will then sway in favour of those who invested in premium characters..

(*)
    Krusty Burger
    You just had to look didn't ya!...

Yes, of course you are right. I have enough performers to fill all the slots. When I didn't have enough then I had to be mindful of who I was sending where. I never even noticed the auto fill button till a few days ago...as dougie_powers indicated above ...looks like only started once Wierd Al could participate in either rock or pop.
  • sky-horse401
    64 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    edit: rework
  • I made up a 3 step chart to assign all stages/venues perfectly in Act 3!

This chart may contain spoilers for Act 3, so I put the information into a spoiler tag. All the information that is used is from this thread and/or LPN‘s website. Once Act 3 started I may delete the spoiler tag.
    Heads up information/assumption:
    - 3 stages (rock, pop and hip hop)
    - 5 venues (not more that two venues of a kind possible – if this assumption is not correct, this chart is not optimal!)
    - 3 new hip hop characters in Act 3 (Alcatraaz, Krusty and Maggie)
    - all Premium characters are used (otherwise you cannot fill up all stages/venues)
    - I made two collumns. One for the character‘s name. One for the rough star value at the beginning of Act 3 (at least for me. Yours might be similar. In the end it doesn‘t matter, all of the characters will be used anyways. All you need to do is to assign the characters)
    - blue = rock – purple = pop – green = hip hop
    - 20 out of 22 characters are ALWAYS assigned in the same way. The remaining two characters (BG Murphy and Lisa) depend on if we have one or two hip hop venues

Here we go:

Step 1:
    assign these characters to the according stages:
    3e1bad34280054be926f8e31a62f37fa.png

Step 2:
    assign these characters to the according venues:
    d6131750f93a491801a9d8b083bb5c1a.png

Step 3:
    assign the two remaining characters (BG murphy and Lisa) to either Pop or Hip Hop Venue:
    f868e9148cc00c1d306a4baa7c124f5b.png

I hope it all turn out as projected. Have fun and keep on tapping!
    Information and charts can be shared if wanted.
  • Maggie is supposed to be pop and rap just FYI
  • liamchandler
    543 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    *double post*