EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #14: HOMERPALOOZA: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

1234568Next

Replies

  • I made up a 3 step chart to assign all stages/venues perfectly in Act 3!

    ...

    Heads up information/assumption:
    ...
    - 5 venues (not more that two venues of a kind possible – if this assumption is not correct, this chart is not optimal!)

    This assumption is not correct now. I have had instances where all variable venues came up with the same genre (rock or pop for 3 of 4 venues). We'll see what Act 3 brings but I wouldn't count on EA applying this restriction.
  • 00becker wrote: »
    This assumption is not correct now. I have had instances where all variable venues came up with the same genre (rock or pop for 3 of 4 venues). We'll see what Act 3 brings but I wouldn't count on EA applying this restriction.
    I had these instances as well. At day one and two of Act II IIRC. I haven't had more than two venues of one kind in more than a week - not in one single case out of several dozens . So I am pretty sure EA patched this problem out already.
    If you ask me, it is highly likely, that we won't see more than two venues of a kind in ACT III. But of course only the future will tell ;)


    @hatchet669 : thx. good to know :)
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    00becker wrote: »
    This assumption is not correct now. I have had instances where all variable venues came up with the same genre (rock or pop for 3 of 4 venues). We'll see what Act 3 brings but I wouldn't count on EA applying this restriction.
    I had these instances as well. At day one and two of Act II IIRC. I haven't had more than two venues of one kind in more than a week - not in one single case out of several dozens . So I am pretty sure EA patched this problem out already.
    If you ask me, it is highly likely, that we won't see more than two venues of a kind in ACT III. But of course only the future will tell ;)

    Consider yourself lucky. I get three venues of one type and one of the other most of the time. Now that I have 10 pop characters, it isn't an issue but there were many times were I had empty slots due to not having enough pop characters.

  • meinaz wrote: »
    00becker wrote: »
    This assumption is not correct now. I have had instances where all variable venues came up with the same genre (rock or pop for 3 of 4 venues). We'll see what Act 3 brings but I wouldn't count on EA applying this restriction.
    I had these instances as well. At day one and two of Act II IIRC. I haven't had more than two venues of one kind in more than a week - not in one single case out of several dozens . So I am pretty sure EA patched this problem out already.
    If you ask me, it is highly likely, that we won't see more than two venues of a kind in ACT III. But of course only the future will tell ;)

    Consider yourself lucky. I get three venues of one type and one of the other most of the time. Now that I have 10 pop characters, it isn't an issue but there were many times were I had empty slots due to not having enough pop characters.

    REALLY? I mean seriously? WOW.
    This is soooo strange.
    I had approximately like up to 50 (!) rounds of jam sessions, with NEVER more than two venues of a kind. Not even once! It was ALWAYS like that: 3 pop / 3 rock. How is the chance of that if it wasn't being fixed?
  • mine is practically always 4:2
  • wadebear
    3698 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    How I'm managing my performers:
    I start off tapping the Rock Stage. Then I use the right arrow to move past the Pop Stage and start checking to see which of the small venues are Pop. When I find one I stop and assign 2 Pop only performers to it, then use the right arrow to move on to the next venue. I do the Pop Stage last with the performers I have left.
    Then I arrow right to the first small venue that takes Rock performers and assign 2, continuing on until I get to the Rock Stage.
    I'm playing 3 games with all the same performers and all 3 games always have the same venues as Rock or Pop.
    There seems to be some confusion about Maggie. There are TWO Maggies in the game. Rock Star Maggie who can perform at both Rock and Pop venues, and Baby Maggie who apparently will be able to perform at Hip Hop venues from what I've read. I cannot confirm that Baby Maggie will be able to perform, but given that RS Maggie does not have the green $ icon that BG Murphy, Dr. Hibbert, Milhouse, Lisa, and Apu have that may be correct. It should be noted however that Bart does not currently have the Hip Hop icon, but there is reportedly a Hip Hop Bart skin that will be available in Act 3. So it's possible that there will also be a Hip Hop Maggie skin for RS Maggie and that SHE is the Maggie that can play at Hip Hop venues rather than Baby Maggie. Or something. I don't know. I'm just guessing at this point based on what I've read on the internet. They could do an update and have something completely different.

    Edited for a spelling mistake.
  • At start of act 3:
    miTryfbl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Bump.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Updated charts:
    yoYrhUYl.jpg
    pIRRGaJl.jpg
    There are a total of 22 characters which can perform, which can fill the 22 slots once the Krusty Burger venue has been unlocked.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • I noticed something

    There are 2 venues (Moe's and KEM) which flip between genres.

    So for each genre you can have from 6 to 10 slots.

    Now, maximum number of characters for each genre is 13 for rock, 11 for pop and 10 for hip hop.

    But because of flipping, even if you have all 22 characters (and all unlocked access, for Bart and Weird Al), you can still get into situation of not having enough characters to fill venue.

    This is specific for pop and hip hop which have a lot overlapping. If both Moe's and KEM go Hip Hop, you fill venues with 10 characters and switch to pop for which you need 6, but you will then have only 5... because out of 11 pop characters, 6 are already used in Hip Hop.

    Problem is same if both Moe's and KEM are pop, or if one is pop and other hip hop. This in these cases Hip Hop + Pop are needing 16 DIFFERENT characters, while you have only 15 of them
  • true.

    but, i'm freemium and after 3 days i have 65000....
    I do not care too much about this

  • tonykzr wrote: »
    true.

    but, i'm freemium and after 3 days i have 65000....
    I do not care too much about this
    Same here, but I've only just unlocked the vinyl records shop so not as much currency, but well ahead of what's needed, especially since they reduced the target requirements for act 3 the other day as well
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • nedimaz wrote: »
    I noticed something

    There are 2 venues (Moe's and KEM) which flip between genres.

    So for each genre you can have from 6 to 10 slots.

    Now, maximum number of characters for each genre is 13 for rock, 11 for pop and 10 for hip hop.

    But because of flipping, even if you have all 22 characters (and all unlocked access, for Bart and Weird Al), you can still get into situation of not having enough characters to fill venue.

    This is specific for pop and hip hop which have a lot overlapping. If both Moe's and KEM go Hip Hop, you fill venues with 10 characters and switch to pop for which you need 6, but you will then have only 5... because out of 11 pop characters, 6 are already used in Hip Hop.

    Problem is same if both Moe's and KEM are pop, or if one is pop and other hip hop. This in these cases Hip Hop + Pop are needing 16 DIFFERENT characters, while you have only 15 of them

    Is there any way to predict (or control) the flipping? I think I have a strategy down but then one (or 2) of my 5 games flips differently from the others. Exasperating!
    tonykzr wrote: »
    true.

    but, i'm freemium and after 3 days i have 65000....
    I do not care too much about this

    I'm back from vacation and on track, so maybe filling all the slots all the time isn't that important.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!