EA Forums - Banner

Finding fans in your neighbors towns

Prev13
Is anyone else finding it very difficult to find the fans in your friends towns?? I'm having a heck of a time & the most I find is 2 out of 3 before I give up & move onto the next town
Anyone else have this problem???? If so any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• rw228
    1057 posts Member
    Yes it's horrible for me. In addition when you find and tap one the screen pauses so you have to wait a second or so before moving around.
  • Little tricky for sure, sticking to main roads seems to produce more fans atm. Course that can always change
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I agree. And sometimes tapping them they won't tap. Its very annoying.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    It has definitely been an issue. I have decided not to search for them. If I don't see them initially, I just go on to the next town.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »
    It has definitely been an issue. I have decided not to search for them. If I don't see them initially, I just go on to the next town.
    Definitely a benefit to having more than 30 neighbors. 100, even.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Do you remember those good days when you had to find snakes in neighbors' towns during THOH event couple of years ago? Turns out they were not terrible at all...
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    I agree that's it been difficult. In fact, I couldn't find any in the first 10 towns I checked :/
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • JJR2112
    427 posts Member
    I don't know if it helps my neighbors when they visit but I've been sending all my characters inside. Makes it a little easier to look for signs of life even if it's a little depressing.
  • Me too. It's taking flippin ages :#
  • JJR2112 wrote: »
    I don't know if it helps my neighbors when they visit but I've been sending all my characters inside. Makes it a little easier to look for signs of life even if it's a little depressing.

Your characters will leave the building they are in anyways when your neighbor shows up, so, while it is well-intentioned, it probably won't be too helpful to your neighbors.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • 1SmallFoot wrote: »
    Do you remember those good days when you had to find snakes in neighbors' towns during THOH event couple of years ago? Turns out they were not terrible at all...

Oh yeah, the snakes were a doozy :D
    Maybe the fans could've waved their arms in the air or something, it really is a pain trying to find them in towns.

• alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's a real pita and waste of time for me.
    In some huge towns I simply have to give up and go to the next city.
    And in the meanwhile towns have grown bigger and bigger.

In other past events where you had to tap on different kind of people they had flashy colors and/or movements with different pace, so they were easier to spot.
  • jaddy1874
    213 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Yep awful. But also, I'm not getting anything from them except cash and xp, is that meant to happen? I was 21 wristbands or whatever they are away from the first prize so decided to do my neighbour visits and my total didn't move at all, so I'm wondering why I'm even bothering to tap them.
  • You only get stuff from the first 10 neighbor visits (30 fan taps) - the rest just give you the normal cash and XP.
  • jaddy1874 wrote: »
    Yep awful. But also, I'm not getting anything from them except cash and xp, is that meant to happen? I was 21 wristbands or whatever they are away from the first prize so decided to do my neighbour visits and my total didn't move at all, so I'm wondering why I'm even bothering to tap them.

Yh I'm having the same problem, with the other events u could visit a lot of neighbours to get the rewards but I've just been on my neighbor visits and I only clicked on about 10 neighbours and no more rewards only cash and xp
  • You only get stuff from the first 10 neighbor visits (30 fan taps) - the rest just give you the normal cash and XP.

Ah cool thanks. I was mainly focusing on sending lawyers this morning so wasn't looking for what I got from the fans but I knew I hadn't been to my usual number of event neighbours (30 usually?).

Thanks for that we posted at the same time so I didn't read ur post :D I thought it might have been a glitch or something lol
  • I think if you find Weird Al and tap him they come running. Or at least that is what they did in my town. Will have to try in neighbors town as well.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I think if you find Weird Al and tap him they come running. Or at least that is what they did in my town. Will have to try in neighbors town as well.

That hasn't worked for me and I have tapped Weird Al in almost every town thinking he was a festival fan.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I think if you find Weird Al and tap him they come running. Or at least that is what they did in my town. Will have to try in neighbors town as well.

That hasn't worked for me and I have tapped Weird Al in almost every town thinking he was a festival fan.

In my own town I've been tapping anything in a suit, thinking it's a lawyer :D

Killing my eyes :(