EA Forums - Banner

Gnome back in box !

Prev1
I noticed on a thread on here that someone was tapping on gnomes in their boxes. Maybe this thread was deleted as I can't find it, but to my horror and amazement that gnome I could never find in all those months is somehow back in his box since the update. Anyone else experiencing this?
I really looked hard for that thing countless times. Now it is back in the box I wonder if I should store it or leave it there?

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I have found mine three times since yesterday. He seems to like roads and since I changed almost all to dirt roads, he has become really easy to find. The last time I had seen him before yesterday was months ago. I will continue to release him because I like randomly finding him at a later date.
  • Someone let mine out and I'll never see him again. :(
  • These guys take with one hand and give with the other. So tricky it's hard to know what to do.
  • johncolombo
    11384 posts Senior Moderator
    I let a few gnomes out in Neibors towns yesterday but I assume it just looked that way to me and didn't really let them out. Will test in a feeder town to be sure and if I did let your gnome out sorry. :#
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    Ok I'm back. I let a gnome out of the box in a feeder town as a neighbor. Logged into that town and gnome was still in box so it is like everything else you can turn on off in a Niegbor town. You get the visual but it doesn't happen.
  • The big question is how to find the escaped gnome. Dirt and cobble stone roads? I think they are hiding where buildings overlap the road. It could have a small haha or maybe it you tap the box it could move somewhere else.
  • johncolombo
    Please do not do this, but Nuking may be the best way and I'm not joking, but please do not nuke you town. Just let him run wild till you find him someday.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Aelein wrote: »
    The big question is how to find the escaped gnome. Dirt and cobble stone roads? I think they are hiding where buildings overlap the road. It could have a small haha or maybe it you tap the box it could move somewhere else.

Now that I only have one small strip of road, the gnome is always on it. Otherwise it is just luck when you find it.
  • Fact: I hate the gnome's guts.
  • Mine is still out, infinitely frustrated
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    Fact: I hate the gnome's guts.
    I agree with you, vehemently.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • The best way to find him is the same as finding the lawyers if you've still got all of your roads: go into edit mode and hide everything except for characters.
  • I have never been able to find the gnome (although I haven't looked too hard) but he always ends up back in the box.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I let mine out at Christmas and searched for him for SIX MONTHS! Then one day, there he was...asleep on the side of the road.
  • shawn59736 wrote: »
    I let mine out at Christmas and searched for him for SIX MONTHS! Then one day, there he was...asleep on the side of the road.

Did The Parson run over him with the golf cart? >:)
  • Last I checked it was an "elf" that came in a box.....not a gnome. We don't have any gnomes in the game as far as I know.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    He is definitely called a gnome although he looks just like an elf. I just let him roam free. If I find him, I let him go again. No need to keep him boxed up.
  • Yes, it is called a gnome in the game. It's just a spoof of Elf on a Shelf.

@1pillform If you have Duff Gardens you can make gnomes. I have a million of the little f'ers. :D

@meinaz You are kind to set him free. o:)

• johncolombo
    edited August 2017
    1pillform wrote: »
    Last I checked it was an "elf" that came in a box.....not a gnome. We don't have any gnomes in the game as far as I know.

Except this Gnome
    6r6cp6499f2q.png

• @1pillform If you have Duff Gardens you can make gnomes. I have a million of the little f'ers. :D

What!? I didn't know that! Dang it, now I really want to buy it. I hope it make another appearance at some point.