EA Forums - Banner

Can't drink at o'flannagans anymore?

They have done that with other seasonal buildings as well and it is really stupid. I don't know why they remove those functions, maybe its a function of limits, if not it's really stupid to do so.

Replies

• OMAHGOONESS
    108 posts
    edited March 2013
    Did they take away the Homer promoting the bar task? That was hillarious!
  • madjestynina12q
    216 posts
    edited March 2013
    It's a bummer but what can we do
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Did they take away the Homer promoting the bar task? That was hillarious!

I'm afraid so. Can't believe the best ones they take away.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Cleric42
    28 posts
    edited March 2013
    Ye, it kind of just like the episode now, Tom O'Flannagan sitting in the pub on his own with no customers.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    It's because they already have 4 hour jobs. I guess it's stupid to EA to have 2 jobs with the same amount of time...?
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Xarone wrote:
    I still have the building so how come they don't let us do this 4 hour task anymore? What's the point of the building now?

I guess the bar's sole purpose now is to be a space filler.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I'm never a fan of when they remove "promotional" tasks or one-off quest driven ones.

For example, I have El Chemisti...but nobody can actually eat there after Chief Wiggum and Ralph went there.
    crosby357 wrote:
    It's because they already have 4 hour jobs. I guess it's stupid to EA to have 2 jobs with the same amount of time...?
    That could be part of it. If EVERY task that somebody ever had available during a promotional period was still available guys like Homer would be bogged down with a ton of them.

Maybe the solution there is to spread the tasks around the city a bit better. Because I'm getting to a point where my characters are in "ruts" of the same 2-3 tasks because my schedule doesn't give me many options aside from 8 or 12 hour tasks.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited March 2013
    In my opinion them removing the tasks isn't stupid, having two 4 hour tasks for one character would be ridiculous, however making the task a 4 hour instead of something like a 5 hour is stupid. If the seasonal task had a unique time it would remove the need to get rid of the task after the update.
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited March 2013
    And of course, the greatest task ever went away -- "Homer and Marge Snuggle at Sir Putts A Lot."
  • Jango_Fett327
    104 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I find it silly that they take away tasks if you have the building, but if you don't hve the buildingthe task is still there (like browse the Mapple store)
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited March 2013
    In my opinion them removing the tasks isn't stupid, having two 4 hour tasks for one character would be ridiculous...

Untrue. My schedule leaves me usually doing an 8 hr task in the morning...a 4 hour task when I get home, and then the 8 hr task again when I go to bed.

So for anybody visiting my city, everybody's doing the same 2-3 things over, and over, and over, and over.

I wouldn't mind having a few different tasks at the same length so that my city could look a little varied from time to time.
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    In my opinion them removing the tasks isn't stupid, having two 4 hour tasks for one character would be ridiculous...

Untrue. My schedule leaves me usually doing an 8 hr task in the morning...a 4 hour task when I get home, and then the 8 hr task again when I go to bed.

So for anybody visiting my city, everybody's doing the same 2-3 things over, and over, and over, and over.

I wouldn't mind having a few different tasks at the same length so that my city could look a little varied from time to time.

I've suggested it would be better to pick a time then to pick a task. Like Bart can skip school for 2 hours instead of 8. That way they can generate new tasks, and you can assign a time limit to it. Quests can still say to work at the plant for 16 hours, but I think having an option to state what they do would be nice. That way if you want all the characters outside it would work, or if you want them all inside, or if you want them stationary and outside. I think this gives the player options and also gives players the ability to select a time frame they need, and don't have to worry about Ralph or others not having a 4 hour task.

They can still add in the Tavern task, but maybe have people for 8 hours.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    at least you got the pub. I was locked out of game (crashing bug) for three weeks... missed the Fruit man and * Patricks day stuff.

Can play now but feel a bit Gyped, as all my friends have the pub and Signal light an Im the odd man out due to a stupid game issue.. :(
  • robinholst
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    This idea of taking away tasks every now and then has two bad sides.
    Obviously that the task is gone and can not be done, but also that the building-type doesn't count in the conform-o-meter. After * Patricks, my gluttony level lowered, despite not adding any character... I dont want 5 Krusty burgers when i have 4 restaurants, 2 pubs already and the Java Server...
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    robinholst wrote:
    This idea of taking away tasks every now and then has two bad sides.
    Obviously that the task is gone and can not be done, but also that the building-type doesn't count in the conform-o-meter. After * Patricks, my gluttony level lowered, despite not adding any character... I dont want 5 Krusty burgers when i have 4 restaurants, 2 pubs already and the Java Server...

As someone that finally 'conformed' to the rating, it's been like that since at least level 25, probably sooner. Right now I have 3 Krusty Burgers and 3 Gulp & Blows.

I think of it this way, does a real town only have 1 McDonalds? What about any other fast food joint? It's not like they are asking you to have 10 or anything. 3 restaurants that can be well spaced shouldn't be a major concern.

In terms of houses, even on my block, the builders were lazy and had like 3-4 types of houses and like every 4th or 5th house is the same as the one down the street.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited March 2013
    The houses don't bug me as much because they're houses. I see lots of houses that look the same. But I don't like having multiple Krusty Burgers or Kwik-E-Marts because as far as I see it there is only "THE" Krusty Burger and Kwik-E-Mart. They're more iconic than the random houses we have access to.

I'd rather take the conformity hit than have duplicate restaurants. And when a new house is introduced I usually remove a dupe and put that in it's place.
  • okayway
    48 posts
    edited March 2013
    I really miss Homer's 'Promote the bar' task- only got to do that the once :( great animation it had.
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    okayway wrote:
    I really miss Homer's 'Promote the bar' task- only got to do that the once :( great animation it had.

I had him do it on a daily basis... my schedule is a 12 hour and 8 hour for the day. It was a good task, I loved how it was at the top, Homer's list is way too long to hit the those tasks.
  • TimeHorse
    73 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:
    at least you got the pub. I was locked out of game (crashing bug) for three weeks... missed the Fruit man and * Patricks day stuff.

Can play now but feel a bit Gyped, as all my friends have the pub and Signal light an Im the odd man out due to a stupid game issue.. :(

Preach it brother! Come on EA, I'd spend real cash money for the Abe Simpson Wrestler outfit or Marge Witch! Real cash money EA! Don't punish me because I either had a broken iPad or just didn't get the Moe's prompt until the day after Halloween ended!!!!!!
  • lithoguy
    77 posts
    edited March 2013
    Yeah theyre a waste of landscaping space.
    do the non functioning building affect your ratings if you just store them?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!