EA Forums - Banner

Are you Being Served?

I haven't read through the entire lawyer and strategy threads, and I know it won't really help finding said lawyers, but I was just remembering the original Wacking Day and egg exchanges.
Maybe two players can team up and set a schedule to exchange lawyers in order to maximize the return on them.
I guess one danger would be someone getting left out. I don't know...just thinking.

Replies

• I have 4-5 that I give, and who gives me. Don't know more than 1 (husband) personally, it just ended up that way. Has happened in other events before also.
  • In the past, it was more challenging. If the person you put eggs in never cleared it, you will get a much smaller resource
  • This lawyer ordeal is a royal pain in the behind, and I am unanimous in that!

- Sincerely, Mrs. Slocombe.
    200px-Mollie_Sugden_as_Mrs_Slocombe.jpg
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    This lawyer ordeal is a royal pain in the behind, and I am unanimous in that!

So many less than threes for this. :heart: I love that show.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • jimmydingo
    515 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    simp7fan wrote: »

That and Faulty Towers are awesome.

Anyway...I was just spitballing, I just drop one or two lawyers in each town and hope for the best.
    Really I was thinking about the strugglers that inevitably show up asking what they're doing wrong...I guess they could team up.
  • I think with neighbour mechanics like this it's really important to reciprocate any drops you get. When people see your name on a lawyer or in a notification they would hopefully be more likely to head back to your town and drop more and the cycle continues. I've got one neighbour where we've traded groups of lawyers a couple of times a day since the event started and I think that has definitely made a difference.
  • simp7fan wrote: »

I first watched that show on a black and white TV. It was years before I learned of Mrs. Slocombe's neon hair.
  • This lawyer ordeal is a royal pain in the behind, and I am unanimous in that!

Does your **** feel the same way?
  • boldbhoy wrote: »

Does your **** feel the same way?

Tiddles is in complete agreement.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member

I first watched that show on a black and white TV. It was years before I learned of Mrs. Slocombe's neon hair.
    I had a b&w tv, maybe a bit before I saw that show. I don't remember the color so maybe. Anyone remember dials?
  • UHF VHF
  • johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    edited August 2017

I had a b&w tv, maybe a bit before I saw that show. I don't remember the color so maybe. Anyone remember dials?

we always had cable growing up, but yeah I remember dials, UHF and VHF. Our cable had 13 channels back then. No remote. I don't remeber having black and white TV but a lot of shows when I was young used to say coming up next Bewitched! now in living color. So I guess some shows were in black and white still.

My antenna in the city gets over 50 channels now. Plus I have a small cable package and internet tv.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • jimmydingo wrote: »
    UHF VHF
    X and H bar ariels, valve sets waiting for the little white dot in the centre of the screen to dissappear lol.
  • johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    edited August 2017
    and TV signing off for the night.

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    jimmydingo wrote: »
    UHF VHF
    X and H bar ariels, valve sets waiting for the little white dot in the centre of the screen to dissappear lol.
    Haha, yes. Those were fun to mess with. I had no clue how to actually use them. Maybe it even inspired a love of something..... What do I love now?
    Too far..... :p;)
  • Yes on all of this. Signoffs on broadcast tv well into college (I didn't have cable)!

And, because I didn't have cable, PBS was my mainstay. Mostly British tv, including Dr. Who (original episodes), Keeping Up Appearances, and Are You Being Served, among others.

• *sigh*
    Yes, I was served, over at the True Value, they really let me have it.
    giphy.gif

I'm all right, though.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Too far..... :p;)
    It really depended on where you lived. Most TV stations in our area signed off for the night well into the 80s. Jeez! Coming home from work at 1 A.M. and there's ONE channel on the air showing absolute crapola...