EA Forums - Banner

Something seems off - rat trap trucks

Prev1
My multiplier is at 2399.86. All Springfield heights items are out and the cost collider is firing away. Rat trap trucks should be giving me almost 2mm do but instead I'm only getting half of that

Replies

• Closing out and going back in fixed the problem. The game owes me about 10 bonut rounds
  • mrmojorisin147
    80 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Well, not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but the rat trap trucks are not giving as much do as they should again. I bought a bunch of jet bikes this morning and am now at 2943%. With the do collider on one rat trap truck should be giving over 2 million do but I am only getting one round of bonuts.

Edit: bloodmobiles are unaffected
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I bought some a few days ago and didn't notice any issue. My multiplier was around 1300% and I was getting around 1 box per truck.
  • just bought 10 of them and it gave me 15 rounds of bonuts. Seems ok. my multiplier is 2103%.
    Level 939 - play almost every hour.
  • Nothing off in my game @mrmojorisin147
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    Have you maybe gone over the daily limit of 1000 bonuts?
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    nissa762 wrote: »

It's my understanding this is no longer an issue (thank goodness! ;) )
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • This is totally bizarre. Bloodmobiles are triggering two rounds as they should. Rat trap trucks seem to be giving the right xp by looking at the remainder but are triggering only one bonus round. In cases where my starting do balance means I should get three bonus rounds I'm only getting two.

I quit KEM farming a few days ago so it looks like bloodmobiles are my new donut generator
  • What does your multiplier have to be to get a donut box from 1 rat truck?
  • What does your multiplier have to be to get a donut box from 1 rat truck?

About 1234 by my calculations.
    My town 5/13/20: https://i.imgur.com/GHOIICG.jpg. I accept most neighbor requests.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Have you tried a clean restart? Close the game, pull up Recent Apps, swipe them all away. Turn off device. Wait 15 seconds. Restart.
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »

Haven't been too active here lately. Didn't realize I missing so much info... Thanks :)
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »

Haven't been too active here lately. Didn't realize I missing so much info... Thanks :)

You're very welcome ;):)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • I've been having this issue with bloodmobiles on and off. Since around 1800% and now over 2000% same issue....

What seems to happen is if the XP is enough to fill the XP bar twice (i.e., if you are already at 50% and you are getting 1.5mil)--- it will often, for me, only go around once. It happens more often when I put many bloodmobiles down at the same time.

I've found this to happen intermittently with anything that gives over 1M in XP. So now to be safe, I'm farming Book-burning mobiles. They are giving me less than 1M each and so I never lose out on that 2nd donut box. It's been annoying, and book burning mobiles are alot more effort than Rat Trap Trucks and Bloodmobiles but-- at least I know I'm getting all the donuts I should be.
  • girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I found that the game frequently miscalculated the number of bonus donut rounds, but maybe not all players are affected? I never notice or check anymore - can't do much about it anyway, whether right or wrong and it no longer affects how many donuts I can earn.

There was a topic about this some months ago:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/97765/missing-level-up-boxes
  • It does it on a regular basis when your item gives more than one round of donuts. I have over 6k multiplier and just farm when I have time. However, as even bloodmobile or any big items gives me a few rounds of donuts, I find that the game eats a round or more on almost every bloodmobile or items (I usually buy like 20 in a row but never getting the full amount of donuts I should have). If you have items that gives you only one round of donut, it's the safest bet. However the grind will take forever. There is usually a lag in my series of donuts (like after 10 rounds there will be pause between donut rounds) when the game starts eating my donuts. Just buy small items if you have time for the grind, or just bite it and continue the donut grind expecting to lose some. Kem farming may be safer as it usually has less rounds per kem if every donut matters to you.
  • Got my multiplier up to 3275 and now bloodmobiles are only giving one round of donuts. Looks like bookmobiles are left. The only positive note is I no longer have to try for three donuts because it's cheaper to just trigger another bonus round
  • Got my multiplier up to 3275 and now bloodmobiles are only giving one round of donuts. Looks like bookmobiles are left. The only positive note is I no longer have to try for three donuts because it's cheaper to just trigger another bonus round

Could it be a case where calculations are not correct? Actually I could not really get a very accurate calculations and it seems to be related to the hidden percentage. So instead of expecting how much bonus levels up I should be getting, I just check for consistency each time. So if say I buy one rat truck and I expect to get two level ups , then I will just make sure that it gives the correct results each time. So far, it has been consistent for me unless game crashes.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »

Could it be a case where calculations are not correct? Actually I could not really get a very accurate calculations and it seems to be related to the hidden percentage. So instead of expecting how much bonus levels up I should be getting, I just check for consistency each time. So if say I buy one rat truck and I expect to get two level ups , then I will just make sure that it gives the correct results each time. So far, it has been consistent for me unless game crashes.

No, I'm certain of the math. As of this morning My visible conformity bonus is 3514.27%. One bookmobile is giving me 942k xp and is almost enough to get one bonus round per. Rat trap trucks should be giving me 3x that amount yet I'm missing a bonus round from each rat trap truck placed
  • 168sean168 wrote: »

No, I'm certain of the math. As of this morning My visible conformity bonus is 3514.27%. One bookmobile is giving me 942k xp and is almost enough to get one bonus round per. Rat trap trucks should be giving me 3x that amount yet I'm missing a bonus round from each rat trap truck placed

For my case, I actually got one extra round of bonus level up when using one Rat trap truck as opposed to 3 times Xp from one Book Mobile.