EA Forums - Banner

Recent purchase bug.

Prev1
I purchased jeb Springfield + 300 donuts for $20.99 on 7/31. Now every night after the game has sent me an additional 300 donuts 11 nights in a row . I have not spent the donuts as I do not wish to be charged an additional $220. I reported this to EA and they asked me to post it here.

Replies

• I read of a similar thing happening to two players on answers.ea.com where donuts were being added to their game even though they didn't pay for them and no third party programs were involved:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Getting-donuts-when-I-haven-t-purchased-any/m-p/6112978#M123803
    What device do you play on? It may help them solve the problem if it concerns a particular device.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • This has also happened to me. I purchased 132 donuts on Tuesday for my son's game and every night since we get this message "Your Purchase is Successful" and he gets another 132 donuts. I did not initiate the transactions, the money did not come out of my account, and he keeps getting donuts. I have told him not to spend a single donut for fear I will be charged for them. I am just relieved I'm not the only one having this issue.
  • I am having the same issue on my Kindle fire. I have deactivated in app purchases and nothing has been charged to my amazon account and I am still getting free donuts every day.
  • Ditto ... Amazon Kindle (the small one) ... £19.95 spent on 300 doughnuts two nights ago. On both nights since at the same time as my initial purchase I've been credited with another 300 doughnuts and a pop-ups appeared stating that "My Purchase has been successful".

I've written to Amazon and am awaiting a reply. I was hoping to find a solution here.
  • I posted a link to this thread on the EA answers site and suggested there may be a link to Amazon, this is the reply given by EA_Billie:
    Hey @Muhsterino so far I only saw reports on Amazon devices so hopefully they are the only ones impacted. I definitely understand that it's not the best, if the players want the donuts removed from their account you can advise them to contact customer support, our advisors should be able to help them.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • It's been 8 days since I called Ea customer service and it's still happening. I called and reported it didn't spend the donuts. I don't feel I should have to do anything more. I will probably call again once it's been 14 days but I'm guessing they don't really care much about a 5 year old game .
  • It's now been over a month and I'm still getting 300 donuts every day . I've contacted customer service and was told they would look into it. I'm assuming they haven't as I've now received 35 days of 300 donuts per day .
  • Just a "me too", so they still haven't fixed it. Purchased donuts on my Kindle Fire, now they keep showing up daily.

Kinda wish I'd bought more than one tray of donuts. ;)
  • Happening to my wife's game , purchased donuts for her birthday and now its adding them again.....worried about crazy charges or something. I'm relieved to hear it seems to be a game problem of some sort but hoping it gets sorted out sooner than later
  • Imagine the donuts you would be getting if you had gotten a boatload of donuts in the first place!
  • Hey! Having this issue too. Every day I get 60 donuts. Also using Amazon Fire tablet. Anyone found a fix?
  • I'm having this issue as well. Bought a 4.99 60 donut bundle on oct 5th and had the same "your purchase was successful" message, getting extra donuts every 24hrs but not being charged. I'm also on a Kindle fire, never used 3rd party hacks. Whats going on EA games!!
  • I bought a boatload on a kindle fire a week or two ago. I was getting boatloads every day until I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game. That stopped it until I bought the SVT skin bundle. Now I got boatloads yesterday and today. Will try uninstalling again at some point today and will post tomorrow if I don't get another boatload. Seems like the issue is amazon devices
  • Thankyou markgarner5037, I have uninstalled/reinstalled hopefully that will help, until the next time I buy some donuts
  • I also bought the SVT donut bundle a while back and since then, I've been getting an extra 120 donuts every day. Good to know I wasn't the only one affected. I'm sure it's the skin bundle causing the problem, though I don't know what good uninstalling/reinstalling will do.
  • I'm sure it's the skin bundle causing the problem, though I don't know what good uninstalling/reinstalling will do.

The bug predates the availability of the bundle.

• EA games contacted me to say its nothing to do with them and offered me donuts for the hassle! I'm going to try Amazon next.
  • 771508momo wrote: »
    EA games contacted me to say its nothing to do with them and offered me donuts for the hassle! I'm going to try Amazon next.
    This sounds pretty amazing..
  • 771508momo wrote: »
    EA games contacted me to say its nothing to do with them and offered me donuts for the hassle! I'm going to try Amazon next.

Any luck? I'm curious to know what their response was

• I am also experiencing this bug after purchasing the SVT skin for Halloween this year. Has anyone had this resolved, been charged, or had their donuts taken away? I reported it to EA just to make sure I had a paper trail, but the free donuts keep coming.