EA Forums - Banner

It's the little things that * me off the most

Prev1
It frustrates the hell out of me that the item I am trying to select simply won't frickin' select. the unevenness of decorations you mentioned aggravates me also.

Replies

• NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    Christmas decorations
    Auto select
    When people disappear, then turn up after I've finished assigning tasks :-(
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    Scrolling over your town and click a house.
    Characters not using the roads ive set out and think its ok to moonwalk through buildings to the next job.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    My biggest pet peeve with this game is when you move a decoration and you immediately don't like where you put it, it takes over ten taps to be able to select it again. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    subii42 wrote:
    Scrolling over your town and click a house.
    Characters not using the roads ive set out and think its ok to moonwalk through buildings to the next job.

Cletus, and a few others do it. The good is that the majority do not do it.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • LaSpangle
    81 posts
    edited April 2013
    Placing multiple fences and the xp signs getting in the way of where you want to put them.
    Also with fences, the two-direction orientation meaning you can't place them to the edge of a space on all four sides.
    While i'm on the subject of fences... gates! gates half the width of fences would bridge the half-length gaps. And would also make sense so that people would be able to get in to fenced areas.
    The crumbly edges next to the rivers, that you can only avoid if you put a road next to them, which isn't always viable.
    The relative sizes of the buildings is all wrong. Primary schools are not just twice the size of people's houses. (I know. It's a game).
    Why do the Simpsons have pretty much the biggest house in Springfield? Where are the bigger ones?
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    LaSpangle wrote:
    Placing multiple fences and the xp signs getting in the way of where you want to put them.

This is one of my top three main peeves. The other two are:

- autoselect: obviously there to be helpful, but only really is when doing a mass move of an entire area of your town. More often than not, we're placing individual items, and if you place one wrong, may need to tap a dozen times until it selects the piece you just placed.

- completing tasks: tap the thumbs-up, the money & XP hovers over or around the character. Sometimes it takes just one tap on the character to get their task list, other times you need to tap through all the cash & XP before getting the task list. No muster how far away the character walks from the cash/XP, tapping the character continues to clear the cash & XP.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited April 2013
    It frustrates the hell out of me that the item I am trying to select simply won't frickin' select

I totally agree with this one :( Can be soooo annoying and take forever to re-select the item you want to move :twisted:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Johneg86
    163 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    For me it's two things the first is whenever I tap on a decoration to move it I always get a building or something else, it always takes like 10 taps just to get the item I want to move. And the second tapping my buildings or characters with completed quests and then accidentally tapping them again and almost hitting the speed up button.
  • mwdalton
    11547 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    LaSpangle wrote:

- completing tasks: tap the thumbs-up, the money & XP hovers over or around the character. Sometimes it takes just one tap on the character to get their task list, other times you need to tap through all the cash & XP before getting the task list. No muster how far away the character walks from the cash/XP, tapping the character continues to clear the cash & XP.

Yes, this one annoys me. Just get out of the way, money and XP! You can collect yourself! :lol::lol:
  • XScripts
    438 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Having to log in all the time. Telling me that I was on another device when I wasn't. Trying to click on one item and it goes to a different item. Being in fear of losing my Donuts/Cash/XP and even my town.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I hate it when your trying to click on a fence to move it for eg and it selects everything else around it but the item you want
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited April 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I hate it when your trying to click on a fence to move it for eg and it selects everything else around it but the item you want

+1 :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • atamzarian
    262 posts
    edited April 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:

That drives me out of my frigging mind. Last time I rearranged my town, I was setting up a flower area around my Jebediah statue, and ... it took me 45 minutes, no lie. My iPod was lucky I had the flu that week and was too weak to really do any damage.
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    What annoys you the most in the game? To me they arent THAT big of deal but still...

1. I hate when i click on a house or a person and the Xmas decorations tab or costume selection is open even though I remember closing it!

2. I find it really annoying that no matter just how hard you try, or much you play for ur decorations...they are NEVER even :P

Idk what bugs u guys?

Maybe you can do a poll of what have been posted here so far.
    Mine is definitely trying to select an item. Somehow the selection process just cycles through everything else but the one you want. :(
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited April 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    My biggest pet peeve with this game is when you move a decoration and you immediately don't like where you put it, it takes over ten taps to be able to select it again. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Yet if you have 2 or more characters standing next to each other, only one can be selected. Not the one you wanted.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited April 2013
    When it crashes before you can clean up graffiti so your rating goes down
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    + Very choppy scrolling when playing on my iPad 3.
    + texture glitches... Granted, some are amusing, but as a software developer, I have a hard time understanding what they are doing in the game code that would cause it. It just doesn't seem like such a hard thing to do.
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    Also, when selecting a character task, they just go do it. But when selecting a task for Cletus's farm or channel 6, we have to dismiss the status window. Just grow/broadcast, darn you!
  • philieb
    931 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Only being able to put roads, cement, and water in specific 4x4 sections instead of any 4x4 section I desire.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited April 2013
    I get frustrated if I'm trying to set characters to look like they are interacting. I wish there was a way to position them better. Then, if you do set if up when they finish tasks some will stand there for a few seconds allowing you to keep the scene, but others haul tail as soon as you click them.l
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.