EA Forums - Banner

What's the best QoL (Quality of Life) upgrade EA has given us since you started?

liamchandler
543 posts Member
edited August 2017
What's the thing that you are happy to see the back of?
Post edited by liamchandler on

Replies

• smohqy
    2096 posts Member
    The back of? No idea. But I am happy to see the front of Boobarella.
  • smohqy
    2096 posts Member
    Oh, but I would like to see the backs of benches. And cars.
  • Whats QoL short for ?
    Nuking is always the answer
  • philX3X
    100 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Quality of Life?

I would say it's a topssup between the IRS building and the Job center for mass-tasking
  • petehd14
    2767 posts Member
    It's kind of negated because they've been furiously adding taskable characters since. They need to implement that mass collect button. It takes 10-15 minutes to collect from 250+ characters.
  • Yup, as our towns get increasingly larger, it takes WAY more time to do collections now than it did a year or two ago. Add to that the necessity of running long events and you end up with a game that used to be fun to thinker with but now is becoming a bona-fide chore. How about (as someone suggested) an IRS agent or drone (or several of them) that wander the town collecting money FOR us (like real IRS agents) and that require no player controls. I personally would pay donuts for that option - sort of a "five donuts cost per week" or something similar that would also be fair to newer players. Just sayin'....... :wink:
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • philX3X wrote: »
    Quality of Life?

I would say it's a topssup between the IRS building and the Job center for mass-tasking

I'm far too lazy to send characters without the Job Centre >.<
  • Group selection tool, by far.
  • Group selection tool, by far.

Most definitely the Area Selection Tool is the greatest addition to the game.

I can collect all the money. I can assign all the jobs. But if I had to individually move the thousands of pieces I just relocated the other day, I'd have given up and left it as is.

Plus it's one of the few times I ever felt HEARD and listened to, in my whole life. Thanks again, EA
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • I didn't live through it, but I heard that you previously had to manually find characters in town to task them (ie no task icon on the top left of screen). That must have been the worst. For me personally, the IRS was the game changer.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    I didn't live through it, but I heard that you previously had to manually find characters in town to task them (ie no task icon on the top left of screen). That must have been the worst. For me personally, the IRS was the game changer.

Yes, it use to be like that and I would say that is one of the best added features to the game.

I'd also say the ability to go from one friends town to another, via an arrow, was a nice added feature. We use to have to go into a friends town, collect, go back to the friends page, and then enter another town.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    anaquarind wrote: »
    I didn't live through it, but I heard that you previously had to manually find characters in town to task them (ie no task icon on the top left of screen). That must have been the worst. For me personally, the IRS was the game changer.

This is the reason early on I just sent people on 24 hour tasks. It was such a hassle to find everyone and reassign them more often.
  • Townviewer90
    430 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    Whats QoL short for ?

I never understood why people cut off words and take a couple letters to words and jam them together. Like what the hell... do I look like da vinci lol
  • 1. Doughnuts farm
    2. Area select
    3. Job center
    4. Minigames
    5. IRS (although it's enough anymore, "collect all" is desperately needed)
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    How did we even play early on? I have become so spoiled with the new additions. Now they just need to deal with the inventory. I would be willing to wait for a collect all function just to have a functional inventory.
  • It got to be IRS building for me. My fingers are almost developing painful joints from the per building taps in the past. The IRS is really a life saver
  • This one is a toughie.. I mean the IRS and the Job tasks things were pretty cool... but that Golden Easter Egg I worked so hard for changed my life.

My vote.. the Easter Egg, it's the only reason the game is alive today IMO. :|
  • philX3X wrote: »
    Quality of Life?

Definitely between the two. Though they charge you for using the unemployment office, tapping 100+ characters and sending them on a task gets tiring. But the irs building clears jobs and taxes.
  • anaquarind wrote: »

I remember that- most of my time spent was going across town finding the last few, which was almost a memory test, and the town edit wasnt what it is now so it was really an exercise in patience. Then I left for a few weeks and suddenly the find icon was there and it was so much easier..