EA Forums - Banner

If u don't love the game for what it is stop playing.

Prev1
EA did way less updates when it started. I think yal are just getting a little gready with the updates. I love updates just as much as anyone(I own all premiums), this app gives the most updates compared to any app out there, it could be alot worse. It's a simulation game not meant to be a fast playing game. So the next update maybe u should slow tap until the update after that one, that's what I do. Maybe EA working on a big update right now like Wacky Day :mrgreen:, and working on glitches for the next update. So while ur waiting play some other games, or spend time with the family or wife/husband. Nothing against the true fans, but when people post this stuff like this game is dead, or its taking too long for a update to come out.(ur not a true fan). Anyways I love this game and the only faults I see with this game is the glitches and the customer services. EA keep up the good work.
iagree.gif

Replies

• SimonLYW
    164 posts
    edited April 2013
    I really get the "Game is dead" thread. As of now out of my 11 irl friends who used to play with me, zero now play, it's just the type of game that gets boring after a while without constant updates.

btw, I think Pocket God probably has had the most updates, thing had been going since 2009 and had 47 versions.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited April 2013
    Lol 'not a true fan'.

Stop whining about whiners.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited April 2013
    EA did way less updates when it started. I think yal are just getting a little gready with the updates. I love updates just as much as anyone(I own all premiums), this app gives the most updates compared to any app out there, it could be alot worse. It's a simulation game not meant to be a fast playing game. So the next update maybe u should slow tap until the update after that one, that's what I do. Maybe EA working on a big update right now like Wacky Day :mrgreen:, and working on glitches for the next update. So while ur waiting play some other games, or spend time with the family or wife/husband. Nothing against the true fans, but when people post this stuff like this game is dead, or its taking too long for a update to come out.(ur not a true fan). Anyways I love this game and the only faults I see with this game is the glitches and the customer services. EA keep up the good work.

Agree to a degree :P. Some people misinterpret the concept of the game.
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited April 2013
    I don't have a complaint or a gripe, just a funny thought

I think of people's complaints and everything besides what this thread is about! And you know what!!!

"I Should of got off in Crackden". - Lisa Simpson, Most people will know what I'm talking about!
  • SimonLYW
    164 posts
    edited April 2013
    EA did way less updates when it started. I think yal are just getting a little gready with the updates.

Just re-read this point so thought I'd take a look at update history. If you use the Apps re-release in August as the starting date (since on initial release they were just working to fix the bugs/reduce server strain) updates have been fairly consistent:

http://simpsonswiki.net/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Tapped_Out_content_updates#The_first_content_update
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013
    slow tapping never once heard of that :roll: hmm I must try this, right after EA lets me back into my game....

updates will come whenever there rdy, but if we cant even get into the game then i could care less for an update.

The only glitches EA fixes are the ones that are widespread and they dont get any attention by EA till the vast majority of players has the same issues, like the harp of death, which is still around but they must have made it harder to get and the crashing issue where is your town was too complex then it just crashed on you, b/c of too much land decor or other factor.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited April 2013
    I definitely see both sides of this. Like some others have said, many of my friends and family who used to play daily and love the game, rarely play anymore, as they're bored with the lack of updates. That being said, I'm never one to complain about lack of updates. No ones town is perfect, or looks exactly how they want it to, so I think the time in between updates is great for redesigns. Every time I scroll through my town, I always see something I don't quite like anymore, or something I wanna change, and usually redesign one area at a time, so as long as we keep getting one/two updates a month, I'll be content.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited April 2013
    I don't disagree that people are way too impatient over these updates, but I stop short of giving EA any type of praise. I can't name a single game from them, on any platform, that wasn't completely riddled with glitches. I cringe every time a game catches my interest and I see that EA is behind it.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    This is the type of video game that has close to no replay value without constant updates. We're not greedy...this game just sucks if it lacks updates. If EA didn't want to constantly have to give updates they should have designed a game with replay value of a different type.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited April 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    This is the type of video game that has close to no replay value without constant updates. We're not greedy...this game just sucks if it lacks updates. If EA didn't want to constantly have to give updates they should have designed a game with replay value of a different type.

Not to mention, the whole thing they try to sell you on is buying premium currency to speed things up. Doesn't surprise me that they have a lot of people who spent cash on the game and are now at a point where they only have something to work towards when the updates come.

• baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited April 2013
    Lol 'not a true fan'.

Amen sister
  • jparkermojo
    15 posts
    edited April 2013
    I mess around with my own city everyday but I only take the time to visit friends cities during events. Without the added events bonus (candy/hearts etc), the money/xp that is gained from visiting friends just isn't worth the time.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited April 2013
    If u don't love the game for what it is stop playing.

If you don't like internet message boards for what they are, stop reading.
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited April 2013

Stop whining about the whiners who are whining about the whiners.......wait, this could go on for days with no end.....
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I like this game, but it has room for improvement. If we're not vocal about that, it might not improve.

Progress, baby! 8)
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    I like this game, but it has room for improvement. If we're not vocal about that, it might not improve.

Progress, baby! 8)

+1
  • chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited April 2013
    It is our prerogative to ask for updates and new additions as often as we feel like

This is the official game forum after all

I remember when a LOT of people were complaining that the snow lasted from Dec to the end of Jan, and were asking for it to be removed.

Then the people who wanted to defend EA, would say, EA doesn't need to release an update it's snowing where I am in the US so that's why there's snow, it should last until March, we don't need a new update blah blah blah..

And then at the end of Jan we got valentines. I dunno, there are always people who want more content and it is their right to ask for it. Other people voicing their requests shouldn't bother ANYONE else
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited April 2013
    It is our prerogative to ask for updates and new additions as often as we feel like

I remember when a LOT of people were complaining that the snow lasted from Dec to the end of Jan, and were asking for it to be removed.

Then the people who wanted to defend EA, would say, EA doesn't need to release an update it's snowing where I am in the US so that's why there's snow, it should last until March, we don't need a new update blah blah blah..

And then at the end of Jan we got valentines. I dunno, there are always people who want more content and it is their right to ask for it. Other people voicing their requests shouldn't bother ANYONE else

And I am absolutely sure that EA; being the loving, #1 rated customer care giving corporation, is hanging on every suggestion and want coming from this forum....... :wink:
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited April 2013

And I am absolutely sure that EA; being the loving, #1 rated customer care giving corporation, is hanging on every suggestion and want coming from this forum....... :wink:

science-sarcasm-Professor-Frink-Comic-Book-Guy-631.jpg

lol, love it :lol:
  • chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited April 2013

Hmm don't write that off so quickly, I remember one really old suggestion thread (sorry no link atm) a guy posted a ton of ideas, and they actually put in a whole bunch of buildings / characters he suggested from his one post.

Just one example, not the one I meant but here ya go anyway http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9073510.page#25684949

Maybe coincidence, but I do think sometimes they check on some ideas.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.