EA Forums - Banner

Known Issues as of 4/9/2013

Replies

• Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    https://help.ea.com/article/my-springfield-is-missing-in-the-simpsons-tapped-out. I'm not sure if it helps but it maybe worth a look
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    Went on tsto an theyve reset me! What are they doing, over £30 worth of doughnuts spent on my springfield for nothing. What is up with EA!? Cant do an update right! I am so bex right now, has this happened to anyone else?
    Whoa, calm down. No reason to be bexed yet. First things first, close and restart your app. When you get into the login screen, does it tell you to log into Origin?
  • o0O_ISamI_O0o
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    No when i saw that it had been reset i went straight to the friends list to see if it was my account. It was. I logged out an shut the app down. Rebooted the app then logged in to find out that it was still reset!!
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    Tried it on wifi, still the same gonna leave it for a while because nit really want to switch devices as that might muck it up, must def be a server issue as the forum is getting hit with game ressetting and stuff.
  • jcqi
    46 posts
    edited April 2013
    You are not alone, check this thread.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9431322.page

If you are in the same situation, don't do anything, just be patient.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    No when i saw that it had been reset i went straight to the friends list to see if it was my account. It was. I logged out an shut the app down. Rebooted the app then logged in to find out that it was still reset!!
    Sorry, mate :cry: Hope EA can work through this bug for you. Might as well throw your situation here with your device info so EA has a record of it.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/bd-p/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    My girlfriends game is working on her ipad so checked my town and its how i left it which is a good thing.
  • jcqi
    46 posts
    edited April 2013
    Check out this thread.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9431322.page
    Did you experience the same thing? If so, don't do anything (i.e. DO NOT start a new Springfield), just wait.
  • Supertoes11
    4 posts
    edited April 2013
    Ive had that before and thanks for the reply. It came up with login details which i then entered, when i checked my friends list it was completely full i.e all the contacts i have had sice starting and reaching level 27.

Had an issue before but was able to resolve it myself and this is dissappointing to say the least.

Can i retrieve my full data from EA? Any suggest would be a big help.
  • jbriggs112
    2 posts
    edited April 2013
    Have same prob, reset to lvl2
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    EA is not much of a help, but you could always contact their support and start a ticket.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    Also, this sounds similar to what happened to another EA game a few weeks ago. It was resolved for everyone and their games were returned to them. Seems like a lot of people are having this issue.
  • Supertoes11
    4 posts
    edited April 2013
    How can i start a ticket? Im gobsmacked!

With the amount on content i had and the length im time ive put into getting where i was im not sure if i can be bothered to do it all again.
  • Supertoes11
    4 posts
    edited April 2013
    I hope so as i dont really spend money on games but have with this so would feel pretty aggrieved if such a stupid and needless prompt would result in so many players losing their content.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    Bumpily Dumpily
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Issue: Swanky Fish and/or Springfield Falls disappears, OR the option to purchase the Swanky Fish has been removed without actually purchasing it.

Resolution: Uninstall and reinstall Simpsons: Tapped Out until you see them. 2 times worked for me.

Issue: Town gets reverted back to a previous level (i.e level 4 from level 27)

Resolution: EA is aware of this issue and there is no fix. EA strongly recommends you stop playing and don't continue on with recreating your town.

Since there is no resolution to the town leveling down bug, maybe it would be prudent if those who have experienced this bug to share what they did prior to seeing this happen. It is possible that there is a common root cause to this occurring.

Awesome!

Going to merge all the other similar threads into this one.

Good work, man, keeping a list of the known issues.
  • NizzyXX
    24 posts
    edited April 2013
    didn't get Springfield Falls back :( this is totally crap! three reinstalls and nothing, and I lost progress too. stupid game..
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    NizzyXX wrote:
    didn't get Springfield Falls back :( this is totally crap! three reinstalls and nothing, and I lost progress too. stupid game..

Have a neighbor check to see if your town is still intact. If it is? Then all is not lost, just be careful you don't do anything to reset it permanently.

I think, I could be wrong, that if you do not see the opening nuclear melt down video? Then your town is still there, you just have to wait for the server to give it back.

So do not accept another town, don't do anything to force a reset like trying to get in over and over.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    NizzyXX wrote:
    If you lost progress, that mean you should still be able to acquire the Falls?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    NizzyXX wrote:
    If you lost progress, that mean you should still be able to acquire the Falls?

But that would involve saving/synching the lost progress. What if they lose items they've bought? I wouldn't recommend saving it.

Oh and can you add in that the Harpies have returned? To your list of known issues as of today.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.