EA Forums - Banner

mixed up friends

Replies

• username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    bette3900 wrote:
    I just scrolled through my friends' list and noticed that one of them is there twice: one level 27 town and another level 5 town, and it still counted as only one town apparently as my friends number has not gone up.
    I've got this, too. Rather, not sure if this particular town is showing twice, but it belongs to a high-level player and currently shows as level 3 with only Lisa, Homer, and Apu.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Considering that people are having their towns reset, can't log in, are constantly crashing?

I'm not going to cut anybody. I have no way of knowing if they are inactive or having game issues.

Plus, it would mean that I would have to log into my town to check to see if they are active. Not happening, nope. Not logging into my town till I start seeing some resolutions. Too scared to do it!
  • linguo60
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    bette3900 wrote:
    I just scrolled through my friends' list and noticed that one of them is there twice: one level 27 town and another level 5 town, and it still counted as only one town apparently as my friends number has not gone up.
    I've got this, too. Rather, not sure if this particular town is showing twice, but it belongs to a high-level player and currently shows as level 3 with only Lisa, Homer, and Apu.

Yeah I have a friend with a level 27 and a level 8 town. And sideshow bob is hanging out permanently in the lower level one
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited April 2013
    Maybe they did it on purpose so the ppl that's last on the list will have neighbors visiting them?

Ah those poor old X Y Z's ! Finally getting some attention! :lol:
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited April 2013
    The weird thing is that the order seems to shift as you're going. I normally visit all my friends in one go - A to Z. I started doing that, then popped back into a friend's town to double-check something they'd done. When I went back to the list of towns, it was a hodge-podge. No problems with the falls yet for me (I don't have the restaurant).

I haven't paid any money for this game and I've never bought any donuts. In short, I really have no cause to complain... and yet, I have to wonder what EA is trying to accomplish. While freemium games have their own revenue stream, part of the deal is that it provides exposure to potential customer that you make good products - maybe they'll buy one of your regular games, right?

I've heard all the complaints and notices and bugs listed here. I was locked out of my game for a week with harp music. If I was sitting in a game store and had two boxes in my hand, I'd have to pick another company's game over an EA one because it's obvious to me that these guys have terrible quality control.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited April 2013
    Secretly chuffed with this being near the end of the list!
  • mattperiolat
    668 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I just went to check on my friends, and got a bit of a scare. Normally all my friends are in alphabetical order. But now they are mixed up. That's ok, but at first I thought a lot of them were missing.
    Anybody else has this?

Same here. Nothing major, just they were moved around. Odd though.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Could it be the order shifts based on when people visit, so the town that you are seeing first just visited and so on the ones toward the end were the last visitors
  • johncolombo
    11200 posts Senior Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I thought EA might of done this
    On purpose so that all are friends
    Have a better chance of being visited.
    There's also no beginning or end to the
    Towns anymore. It just loops. I'm
    Sure A-j got visited more than j- z.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Bump
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Bump

You are messing with my head!!! :lol:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Bump

LOL I had to bump it off the second page so I could merge a duplicate thread into it! It wouldn't let me do it from another page.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Used the useless search function and got no hits for this. I just visited all my friends and saw two problems:

1) my friends list is no longer sorted alphabetically by name. It's all jumbled up. Doesn't seem to be any pattern whatsoever. Looks like a sql query is missing the ORDER BY clause, or maybe sorted by customer_id and not customer_name.

2) I have one friend who is listed twice under the exact same name. The first shows a Level 001 town, when I visit, it's a Level 001 town with just Homer standing in a square. The second shows a level 027 town, when I visit, it's their Level 027 town.

Has anyone else seen either of these two issues? I didn't have either issue two nights ago when I last visited friends.

Alot of people's towns are being reset, this seems to be a by-product of it.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9432018.page
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Bump

LOL I had to bump it off the second page so I could merge a duplicate thread into it! It wouldn't let me do it from another page.

No prob. Just wrote the same message again. It's really kind of funny.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

Alot of people's towns are being reset, this seems to be a by-product of it.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9432018.page

Thanks, lissa! Teaches me not to search for something logical like the word "sort" :mrgreen:

The duplicate friend symptom is really interesting to me. Its almost like there are two accounts under the same user name, perhaps with different account numbers. It implies to me that a constraint has been disabled in a table (in this case a constraint on duplicate names), or this bug is causing a new account to be created under the same user name. Seems this symptom could be a reflection of the root cause of the bug, and maybe not just a collateral by-product of the problem.

Anyone in IT have any thoughts on this?
  • rottypawz
    7 posts
    edited April 2013
    Used the useless search function and got no hits for this. I just visited all my friends and saw two problems:

1) my friends list is no longer sorted alphabetically by name. It's all jumbled up. Doesn't seem to be any pattern whatsoever. Looks like a sql query is missing the ORDER BY clause, or maybe sorted by customer_id and not customer_name.

2) I have one friend who is listed twice under the exact same name. The first shows a Level 001 town, when I visit, it's a Level 001 town with just Homer standing in a square. The second shows a level 027 town, when I visit, it's their Level 027 town.

Has anyone else seen either of these two issues? I didn't have either issue two nights ago when I last visited friends.

yes, I have both of those issues. The sort oder, and the strange duplicate town with homer standing, not moving in the middle of a square with nothing built, not even the Simpsons home. but there is debris around. the other town my "friend" has is a level 27 town as well.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited April 2013
    Maybe they did it on purpose so the ppl that's last on the list will have neighbors visiting them?

Ah those poor old X Y Z's ! Finally getting some attention! :lol:

Yeah I know right! :mrgreen:
  • LaSpangle
    81 posts
    edited April 2013
    So - what I have to add to this that may be of interest is - I was visiting towns last night, maybe nine pm UK time? and kept getting crashes, then one time when i logged back in I only had about 20 towns on my list (I currently should have 91) and they were all jumbled, so i logged out and back in again, and they were all back and still jumbled.

The towns temporarily vanishing altogether suggests that this is more accident than design, I think.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, it's been happening since yesterday. Effect of town reset, maybe?

Edit....Be prepared for them to merge this thread into an existing topic.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Bump to merge
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!