EA Forums - Banner

Game crashes before network can establish. (Sev 1)

Prev1
i am having bad connection problems and then crash, also my friend list all out of order... hope they just get it all worked out before whacking day update....

Iphone 4
Newest update on phone
Level 27
USA Eastern time 4/9/13
just my phone
No problems last night around 11pm Est.. just sent characters to do tasks

Replies

• flyyoufools8
    23 posts
    edited April 2013
    1.) IPhone 4S

2.) IOS 6.1.3

3.) April 9, 11:15 a.m. Pacific Time (US)

4.) 27

5.) No

6.) Logged in around 8:00 a.m. with everything normal. Got task completion notifications after 11:00 a.m., and tried to log in but just got the spinning donut and then the game crashed/quit back to my main Iphone app screen. I also attempted to log in around 3:00 p.m. after getting another task completion notification, and after the donut spun for a while, it loaded the 'Welcome Back Flyyoufools8' screen, tap to continue, but I did not click as I am afraid of losing my town.

I'm not planning to attempt to access my game until it looks like the bugs have been fixed.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    bump
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013

1) Iphone 5
    2) Most recent iOS 6.1.3
    3) 09/04/13, 9:18, EST, Canada (date, time, time zone, country)
    4) 27
    5) No
    6) On my main account almost a month ago, the exact date and time is around the time i made this thread [url]http://tstappedout.proboards.com/thread/1080/locked-out [/url] Mar 12, 2013 at 3:35pm, first time i noticed it wasn't too bad, I could not get in at all until i tried through the friend screen but after 2 weeks or so, It starting becoming harder and harder to log in, not always working from the friends screen, but I have always been able to log in at least once per day on my main account. On my 2nd account I never had this problem I would just log in and go straight into my town, until one day Saturday, April 6th, 2013 I was locked out completely around the evening, Until this Monday, April 8th at around 5 or 6ish? It just logged me in through the friend screen. But after that I was able to log in normally on my second account, not needing to go through the friend screen any longer.

For my second account I was designing, constantly adding more items along with land, for my main account I dont have a clue but there is a good chance that i was adding more items in my town as well
  • Sayusoul
    1 posts
    edited April 2013
    Game can't connect to server anymore...

iPad2 16GB, iOS 6.1.3
  • fish30018260
    83 posts
    edited April 2013
    Sayusoul wrote:
    Game can't connect to server anymore...

iPad2 16GB, iOS 6.1.3
    Same
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited April 2013
    1) Device type (Nexus tablet, iPad, iPhone(version)) iPad 2
    2) OS version (iOS 6.1.3, Android Jelly bean x.x.x) 6.1.3
    3) time stamp of event (date, time, time zone, country) Monday 1st, around 7pm BST, Ireland
    4) game level 27
    5) Multiple devices? 2 but I only use the second for my alt town and my iPad for my main town.
    6) Brief summary of what you were doing the last time you were logged in prior to this bug I don't really remember, I think I was just collecting from all of my characters completed tasks, then I had to leave so I pressed the home button as usual, and when I tried to log back in around 7 it just kept crashing and has done so ever since.

Edit: on regular landline wifi, not cellphone/3G wifi.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • fish30018260
    83 posts
    edited April 2013
    1) Device type (Nexus tablet, iPad, iPhone(version))
    IPAD 2 and IPhone 4S
    2) OS version (iOS 6.1.3, Android Jelly bean x.x.x)
    3) time stamp of event (date, time, time zone, country)
    09/04/2013 - 1700 - GMT - UK
    4) game level
    275) Multiple devices?
    YES
    6) Brief summary of what you were doing the last time you were logged in prior to this bug ----Comic book guy was about to start his task at the Swanky Fish
  • Pepinio
    25 posts
    edited April 2013

1) Android Tablet Acer A510 Android 4.1.2
    2) Android Jelly bean 4.1.2
    3) 09.04.2013 last Login success 20:00Uhr , loggin Problems on 24:00, can´t Login everything is lost / Germany GMT+2
    4) Level 27
    5) No, i installed the game on my SGS2 ,but i played only on the Acer Tablet
    6) Last Action was on to build swanky fish and let all characters 12h missions. and collecting ep and Money. A few hours before i bought 300 Donuts .
    My Game Starts at lvl 0
    All my premium items and buildings / characters and Donuts are lost. I have invested ca. 300€ at this game and all is lost !?!!!
    Please Help. If is not possible to get the old Game back, so i expect that i get the Donuts and items back for new start for this game !
    I will not delete the Game from the Tablet
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited April 2013
    1 iphone5
    2 ios 6.1.3
    3 27
    4 scotland 09/04/13 around 3pm GMT
    5 not usually but tried diff device last night.

After tapping continue at Origin log in screen donut spins until it says "cannot connect to server" tried my old iphone4 last nyt and exact same thing happens. Tried uninstalling game and after updates still the same happens. My girlfriends town works through her ipad so got her to check my town and everything is still there the only difference is that all characters have been kicked off of jobs ive given them. So just gonna leave it until there is a fix hopefully very soon seeing as there is meant to be a big update thursday.

I had Kent Brockman on the swanky fish task, ao put all other characters on 4 hr jobs plus the few that can go to the mapple store and swanky fish bart was in a 6hr task i had triffids growing and the volcano lair guy was on 24 hr job
  • Danyo1234
    5 posts
    edited April 2013
    1) iPhone 5
    2) iOS 6.0.1
    3) 09.04.2013 (UTC+01:00 Berlin, etc.)
    4) Lvl 27
    5) no
    6) I have to do a break (cooking at 5:00 p.m.) ... closing the App with Home-Button, after that i can´t log in into my town (still hearing a "harp sound" at the Login-Screen ... then brings me back to Springboard)

I had the Swanky Fish Task complete (incl. Swanky Fish building and Springfield Falls)...the last thing i´ve done was visiting my friends towns.

Tried to uninstall the game and after reinstall (+ Updates) still the same "harp sound" in the Login-Screen that kicks me back to Springboard :cry:
  • Donna4612
    356 posts Member
    edited April 2013

1) Device type: IPad 3
    2) OS version : ios 6.1.3
    3) time stamp of event: Yesterday (4/9/13) frequently, USA EST
    4) game level: 27
    5) Multiple devices? No
    6) Were you using wi-fi or cellular backhaul? Wi-Fi, cable connection
    7) Brief summary:
    This has happened in the past for me, but I would just keep trying and finally would get back into my game. Yesterday was worse than normal, but was still able to play. It would crash when I tried to visit my not-alphabetically arranged friends so I stopped visiting for now.

I play all the time. Put the characters on 1 hour tasks and collect money. I have a lot of premium items, but not all. I don't have all the land yet either. Last time I checked, I still had Swanky Fish and the waterfall.

I have not checked my town today. Very afraid of losing it.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited April 2013
    Razlaar wrote:
    I probably have to sign in between 5 - 10 times a day, anyone else have this issue?

Me! Very rarely do I get in straight away, I normally have to logout, play anonymously (level 3 town) and then log back in on the friends screen.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013
    Razlaar wrote:
    I probably have to sign in between 5 - 10 times a day, anyone else have this issue?

Me! Very rarely do I get in straight away, I normally have to logout, play anonymously (level 3 town) and then log back in on the friends screen.

I dont even attempt to sign in normally for my main town it is highly unlikely to work,

• stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited April 2013
    Razlaar wrote:

I dont even attempt to sign in normally for my main town it is highly unlikely to work,

Brenner and Melody (and anyone else), can you actually get in through the anonymous method still? I've tried a fair few times but it has never worked for me. Do I have to do it loads of times? What exactly do you guys do to get in?
  • Danyo1234
    5 posts
    edited April 2013
    Razlaar wrote:

Brenner and Melody (and anyone else), can you actually get in through the anonymous method still? I've tried a fair few times but it has never worked for me. Do I have to do it loads of times? What exactly do you guys do to get in?

I´ve tried the "anonymous method" so many times, but it has never worked for me too :(
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited April 2013

1) Ipad 2
    2) The newest update
    3) yeasterday evening in Sweden
    4) 27
    5) No
    6) I'm using at least two wifi. Both strong enough and the speed is high
    7) I don't experience this bug per se.. It's like the device is always losing connection to my Internet source but only when I play the game. No issues of that kind have affected my Mac, iphone or 3ds.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited April 2013
    Razlaar wrote:

I literally log out of the game as soon as it says 'welcome back, tap to continue' and choose to play anonomously. I am then taken to an unsaved game through which i enter the neighbour screen (sometimes I see my neighbours, sometimes I don't) and choose to log in via origin. I enter my details and it says 'welcome back melodyhodge, tap to continue' which I do and then I will enter my town. Otherwise it crashes.
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited April 2013
    Razlaar wrote:

I literally log out of the game as soon as it says 'welcome back, tap to continue' and choose to play anonomously. I am then taken to an unsaved game through which i enter the neighbour screen (sometimes I see my neighbours, sometimes I don't) and choose to log in via origin. I enter my details and it says 'welcome back melodyhodge, tap to continue' which I do and then I will enter my town. Otherwise it crashes.

That's what I guessed but I haven't been successful so far doing that. About to try for my 10th time in a row now. At the moment I can't see my friends through the anonymous game which is the first time that has happened. I don't know if that affects it. Do you often get a pop-up screen after you've logged in saying "You've signed in as _____" - continue or logout. I keep getting that and I'm not sure if I've done something that's brought this about or if its just part of the glitch.

EDIT: Just after getting this message: "You have tried to log into Origin too many time. Please wait a while before trying again". Le sigh, EA really don't want me to get into my game.
  • Danyo1234
    5 posts
    edited April 2013
    Razlaar wrote:

I do the same method...after i re-enter my details it say´s welcome back danyo, tap to continue and then the good old harp sound starts (game crashes and kick me back to springboard).

Now i´m waiting for the update which eliminates these bugs hopefully
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited April 2013
    Danyo1234 wrote:
    Now i´m waiting for the update which eliminates these bugs hopefully

I hope you have an inhuman ability to hold your breath for a really long time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!