EA Forums - Banner

Origin Servers to be OFFLINE for 4 hours before update Thurs. Morning - HEADS UP!

13Next

Replies

• canonmills
    111 posts
    edited April 2013
    Isn't it interesting that the announcement says that all EA games will be offlin, including ones that use Origin. So it is a much bigger piece of maintenance than only Origin, not to mention much bigger than just our update. If it isn't connected to our update, though, it seems likes bit of a coincidence/a massive pain in the neck that its at the exact time of what we hope to be the best update ever.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    canonmills wrote:
    Isn't it interesting that the announcement says that all EA games will be offlin, including ones that use Origin. So it is a much bigger piece of maintenance than only Origin, not to mention much bigger than just our update. If it isn't connected to our update, though, it seems likes bit of a coincidence/a massive pain in the neck that its at the exact time of what we hope to be the best update ever.

I wonder if other EA/Origin games are having similar problems with saved files. Anybody heard anything?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    canonmills wrote:

I wonder if other EA/Origin games are having similar problems with saved files. Anybody heard anything?

I play Sims Free Play and there are no problems. I don't think it's an Origin game though, they use something called "the cloud". I wonder if it will be down as well tomorrow?
  • davesmurano
    116 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    i just got an update in canada but i haven't downloaded it yet.
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm installing the update now. (East coast, US)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Dannesand wrote:
    I know its impossible to know but is there a certain time they update? i remember getting valentines update in the middle of the night for example. any thoughts?

and btw on the sticky thread the mod said:

There is also a planned outage of the Origin servers on April 10th/11th. The approximate times for this outage are as follows:

1:00AM EDT and going until 5:00AM EDT
    PDT: April 10th at 10:00PM until April 11th at 2:00AM
    GMT: April 11th at 5:00AM GMT until 9:00AM GMT

During this time there will be limited to no access to the servers.

So... maybe the update will come after that..

There are threads about this already so going to merge it.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Bump to merge
  • theessdot
    15 posts
    edited April 2013
    Just got my update @ 3:30pm PST.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Bump as a reminder of this event
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    Bump. Just downloaded the update. Three long hours...thought they'd update after this outage :(

Anyone brave enough to see if we can log in?
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm playing right now. Switched from my iPhone to iPad about an hour ago, started the app, and I was logged out!! Freaked out for about 2 seconds until I realized my town was still there. Everything seems good, hasn't crashed and moving nicely as I search for snakes
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Bump. Just downloaded the update. Three long hours...thought they'd update after this outage :(

Been playing a couple of hours now, you shouldnt have a problem logging in
  • vercettitx
    116 posts
    edited April 2013
    Oh heavens no. How will I ever be able to delete over 3000 items now just to place one single snake egg??? Now it's gonna take 2 weeks instead of just 13 days to do it.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013

Thanks. I'll try. I assume the outage was to add Origin to Android, and...did that happen? Maybe?
  • joeherman2012
    100 posts
    edited April 2013

Thanks. I'll try. I assume the outage was to add Origin to Android, and...did that happen? Maybe?

Yep yep yippy!!!!! Android now has origin and everything seems to be running well
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013

Yep yep yippy!!!!! Android now has origin and everything seems to be running well
    I got in, too. Just canceling the tasks that would've lasted until the outage finished so I can start Whacking Day...

Of course the early update hit right after I went to bed :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.