EA Forums - Banner

Nothing to see here.

It also looks like this only affects iOS users, most likely because it is an Origin issue

Replies

• AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited April 2013
    Why so many different threads about the same thing?
  • FrinksIntern
    282 posts
    edited April 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    It also looks like this only affects iOS users, most likely because it is an Origin issue
    Is that a surreptitious bit of gloating there Mr Android user? Just kidding! :wink: 8)

coy.gif
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    Something like this could help someone who hasn't experienced this issue yet. It would get lost in the poll thread. Trust me, I get annoyed with a lot of the multiple threads also, I'm using my best judgement in making these. A lot of the members here won't look at the first page/post usually, if it's a multi-page thread. I am sorry if this is bothering you, but I'm just trying to help our community file.php?icon=thumbsup.gif
  • Kizenix
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I've been setting 24 hr tasks and haven't lost my sf....yet
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    Something like this could help someone who hasn't experienced this issue yet. It would get lost in the poll thread.
    Another option is to edit the OP of the poll thread and keep that up to date with findings from the poll. I don't see a problem with having "possible solutions (tips? avoidances?)" as a separate thread. The real question is which people are more likely to read.
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I set 12 hour tasks Mon-Fri and haven't lost my town (knocks on wood).
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • Daniel91898
    35 posts
    edited April 2013
    Damnit I just put everyone on eight hour tasks and now I afraid to go back in :(
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited April 2013
    Kizenix wrote:
    kelekod wrote:

Hang in there guys, we're still going strong! :P
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    Kizenix wrote:
    kelekod wrote:

Yes, I was just stating a common factor. Also, I've noticed that user's who immediately check their Springfield after getting an alert from the app is experiencing the issue. Again, just some things to think about.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited April 2013
    Kizenix wrote:
    kelekod wrote:

Yes, I was just stating a common factor. Also, I've noticed that user's who immediately check their Springfield after getting an alert from the app is experiencing the issue. Again, just some things to think about.

Thanks man, you're doing a great job helping people and giving advice!
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited April 2013
    No, no. That has nothing to do with it. People always want to find a common factor for issues, but in game tasks are not going to cause resets. This is a Origin issue and always has been.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I was just stating a common factor. Also, I've noticed that user's who immediately check their Springfield after getting an alert from the app is experiencing the issue. Again, just some things to think about.[/quote]
    Do you mean clicking the alert so that it opens the app directly, as opposed to having to open the app yourself? Also something to note.

(Does anyone else feel like you're starting to go through some sort of weird religious ritual every time you open or shut your town?)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6178 posts Moderator
    edited April 2013
    No offense to the OP, but I think you're looking for too many things that may be causing this problem without any real evidence to back up your theory. All you're doing is causing a panic.

I myself set characters for long hour tasks. 8hrs, 12hrs & 4hrs when I have a lot of free time & I have not run into any problems

You're not a developer on this game, so leave your opinions more as theories and not as hard facts
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Kizenix wrote:
    kelekod wrote:

Good thing I turned the alerts off months ago.

Last summer, my device tried to tell me my town was reset, I had said no, then it found the real one. I thought nothing of it, I was only like level 12 or something and had not purchased a single premium (but I had gotten SVT from a mystery box).

Just my luck, I have my $50 ready to buy donuts, but I fear it might mess up my game.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited April 2013
    Notifications are dumb anyway. I don't really see a correlation between them and resets, either. Origin has always been a problem and is so on many EA games. Resets are not only common to Tapped Out.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    No offense to the OP, but I think you're looking for too many things that may be causing this problem without any real evidence to back up your theory. All you're doing is causing a panic.

I myself set characters for long hour tasks. 8hrs, 12hrs & 4hrs when I have a lot of free time & I have not run into any problems

You're not a developer on this game, so leave your opinions more as theories and not as hard facts

My bad, I thought using phrases such as may be and I think stated that these were more theories and not hard facts. I'll go ahead and PM a mod to delete this thread. Sorry for causing panic. I'll keep my non-developer opinion out of this from this point on.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited April 2013

I agree.
    No offense gogators01uf I see that you're just trying to help, but all these threads and different theories are making me less likely to read what you write.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6178 posts Moderator
    edited April 2013
    How many threads have you've been making? They're are plenty of times where you have not used "maybe" or "I think"

I'm not saying you shouldn't try to help, just stating that you should advise people on how this is just what you think. Because the way it comes out from you, is basically stating that these are the reasons why their game is having problems.

By stating things like..."you shouldn't send characters on 12-24hr long tasks because that is the issue causing these resets. Instead stick to 1-2hr jobs"

Right there you are pretty much stating that you have hard evidence that that may be one of the reasons.

Carry on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!