EA Forums - Banner

Act III prep: Daily prizes, stars, and lawyers.

smohqy
2103 posts Member
So, three days until act III begins. I got Hann... err, Alaska Nebraska a few days ago, and so have left a couple daily challenges that pay 1500 - rather than 1000 - sunglasses unclaimed, in hopes that the higher amount will transfer over into the next act. But there's still time for everyone who doesn't need the glasses to save daily prizes for a head start on act III.

I've also started sending my lower-starred musicians to perform instead of my five-star people. I want to build their ratings up as much as possible before the next act. You never know when something irl might come up. I figure getting a jump start is more valuable than the few extra bonuts I might get from cashing in challenges and only sending my highest rated musicians to perform.

As for lawyers, I've been spreading them out over all my Neighboreenos, but I'm thinking of trying to drop them in towns that are lower in glasses and might need them, and saving as many as possible to lawyer-bomb people in act III. I haven't really worked the pros and cons of this strategy out yet, so we'll see how that goes.

Obviously, if you don't have Oregon Washington yet, or really want the few extra bonuts, please disregard this message.

Anyweigh, these are my ideas/tips. Please add yours or feel free to refine mine here. Have a great act III, and Tappy Happing!

Replies

• You could save lawyers for the next act as well. That said, those moocher token characters should also be ready to go when the act hits. The sooner you get those tokens, the sooner Weird Al is able to play the new venues..... Other than that...maybe save neighbor visits till midnight when next act starts... Either way it's all peoples individual decisions.
  • Thanks for the reminder.
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    You could save lawyers for the next act as well. That said, those moocher token characters should also be ready to go when the act hits. The sooner you get those tokens, the sooner Weird Al is able to play the new venues..... Other than that...maybe save neighbor visits till midnight when next act starts... Either way it's all peoples individual decisions.

Ah yes, neighbor visits as well. Thanks!

• Do you just not cash in the daily prizes and they will switch to the next currency? Its kind of hard to not do them.
  • rw228
    1054 posts Member
    Yes, just don't "claim" them and they stay there.
  • Chris60119 wrote: »
    Do you just not cash in the daily prizes and they will switch to the next currency? Its kind of hard to not do them.

You can complete the task, just don't Claim the rewards. Wait for the Act switchover and the currency should switch over as well. You then Claim.

Another thing that I don't think was mentioned above: either don't visit your town for 4-5 hours before the switchover or don't tap on any of the roaming rockers for 4-5 hours before the switchover. Let them build up and then clear them once Act 3 kicks in.
  • Worth noting the Act switchover occurs when a new daily challenge would appear so really there's plenty of time to save up. But saying that 4,500 should be a drop in the ocean for the third Acts 162k requirement, even if you can save 10,000 instantly, its not going to be as helpful as doing this with Act 2.
  • Worth noting the Act switchover occurs when a new daily challenge would appear so really there's plenty of time to save up. But saying that 4,500 should be a drop in the ocean for the third Acts 162k requirement, even if you can save 10,000 instantly, its not going to be as helpful as doing this with Act 2.

It may not give you the instant boost it did for this act but act III shouldn't be too difficult. I'm a freemium player at 158k+ right now so the 162k for act III isn't a huge mountain to climb.
  • Chris60119 wrote: »
    Do you just not cash in the daily prizes and they will switch to the next currency? Its kind of hard to not do them.

You can complete the task, just don't Claim the rewards. Wait for the Act switchover and the currency should switch over as well. You then Claim.

Another thing that I don't think was mentioned above: either don't visit your town for 4-5 hours before the switchover or don't tap on any of the roaming rockers for 4-5 hours before the switchover. Let them build up and then clear them once Act 3 kicks in.

Alright I am going to try that. I already have 160+ court summons saved up. Should be able to get over 200 like I did for Act II. Its always nice to get a good head start cause its hard for me to get on while I am at work.
  • 007abesimpson
    70 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Worth noting the Act switchover occurs when a new daily challenge would appear so really there's plenty of time to save up. But saying that 4,500 should be a drop in the ocean for the third Acts 162k requirement, even if you can save 10,000 instantly, its not going to be as helpful as doing this with Act 2.
    That's true if you look at the last price. But it's a good headstart for the first two prices, which open new stages.