EA Forums - Banner

Time to sue EA

Yeah man I'm pretty upset also! I was browsing the TOS however and it pretty much states "the money you spend is to license our digital content for a limited time and Ea can take it away for any reason at any time" (paraphrased but pretty accurate)

I've wasted so much time and money on this game it makes me sick

Replies

• TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited April 2013
    I hate to be that guy, but this would never work. EA has done nothing to take away your digital content, and the changes that most people appear to be overreacting to (namely the Decoration Limit) were implemented to improve performance and provide a more functional product for all users.

Besides the fact that you're using their own forums to discuss potential legal action could potentially get your banned (example: You wouldn't be able to talk loudly about suing your workplace while sitting in the company cafeteria).

As far as "all of the money you've poured into it"....that's your own decision. You licensed a digital product, knowing full well that if EA discontinued the game (or just went under) you would have NOTHING to show for your money and they would have no obligation to refund you.

But now that we've gotten to the point of discussing a lawsuit, I think we can officially declare this an overreaction.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited April 2013
    Now I see where the statement "But yet some people will defend EA to the end. It's just sad." comes from.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited April 2013
    Now I see where the statement "But yet some people will defend EA to the end. It's just sad." comes from.

Precisely.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    I hate to be that guy, but this would never work. EA has done nothing to take away your digital content, and the changes that most people appear to be overreacting to (namely the Decoration Limit) were implemented to improve performance and provide a more functional product for all users.

Besides the fact that you're using their own forums to discuss potential legal action could potentially get your banned (example: You wouldn't be able to talk loudly about suing your workplace while sitting in the company cafeteria).

As far as "all of the money you've poured into it"....that's your own decision. You licensed a digital product, knowing full well that if EA discontinued the game (or just went under) you would have NOTHING to show for your money and they would have no obligation to refund you.

But now that we've gotten to the point of discussing a lawsuit, I think we can officially declare this an overreaction.
    Oh no? People losing their towns and the money they put into this game? The lack of customer service, lack of executing these severe fixes? I don't care if I get banned, I'm giving an option to those people who have lost money on this game. I personally have not lost anything so I'm not proceeding with anything.
  • chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited April 2013
    I have read through the TOS before, and I think EA are pretty much covered on all bases..

Basically detailing they are not responsible for any loss of game play, or virtually any other problem that arises

*here is the tos link anyway http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section13

Some parts that may apply here, making them 'not responsible'

"5. We do not guarantee that any Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update Content and Entitlements without notice to you. Once you have redeemed your Entitlements, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for other Entitlements or for cash, or other goods or services. "

"16. Limitations on Warranty and Liability

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF EA SERVICES, EA SOFTWARE, AND THE INTERNET IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK."

"TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH EA OR ITS LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO EA SERVICES AND/OR EA PRODUCTS IS TO STOP USING EA SERVICES, AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EA, ITS LICENSORS, LICENSEES AND AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACT OR FAILURE TO ACT BY THEM OR ANY OTHER PERSON REGARDING CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT ON EA SERVICES OR USE OF EA SOFTWARE. "
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    And no where did I say everyone sue. Those and only those who have lost money based on their glitches and their neglect to acknowledge and address these issues should prompt this kind of response. Money talks, and if EA gets hit like this (both from a publicity and financial aspect), they will have to act to fix everything. I am sure most everyone would even drop the small claims suit if EA fixed their towns and gave them some sort of in-game compensation for their troubles. The fact that EA has not done squat for anyone and allowed these major glitches to survive should make you guys ticked off enough to take action.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    And again, read the article. They will settle out of court. They would have to fly a representative in to your town for the case, and this person would more than likely not have all the details of the case. They'd be better of settling to avoid all the other costs of flight, hotel, meal allotment, etc. And to avoid a rash of other small claims, they'd fix their dang product.
  • RATBEARDFISHHOOK
    119 posts
    edited April 2013
    apple support will refund you

myself and others i know have done this

just tell them the problems you are having

i got back the $200 i dropped on this ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    The lost your city thing hasnt affected me but I really feel for you who has. Even though you HAVE NOT spent money on it, you still have put a lot of time in it, and losing just like that with no support is not acceptable.

as said before, contact apple support instead. they will help you out
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!