EA Forums - Banner

Auto Fill

Prev1
I sure wish they would get this figured out. I have been using auto fill assuming that it was right and they knew what they were doing. Evidently that is not so. I have Alaska Nebraska not doing anything now after using auto fill and she doesn't have a 4 hour task to top it off. Way to go.....

Replies

• Correction, make the 2. Weird Al & Alaska Nebraska with no Jam Tasks because of using Auto Fill.
  • I've given up trying to figure out who goes where.
  • Is there a list of who should go where to maximize the venues?
  • If you're pressed for time, go to the locations with two slots and fill them with people who can ONLY do that type of music. That should make auto-filling the rest work a little better.
  • If you're pressed for time, go to the locations with two slots and fill them with people who can ONLY do that type of music. That should make auto-filling the rest work a little better.

I do the opposite, I fill the 4 slot one first with those that can only do one venue.
    However that is generally the right idea, use those that can only do one venue first, leaving those that can do three venues last as they are the most flexible. Eventually you'll be left with a couple of venues open and when done right you'll be left with musicians that can do any venue making it easier.

Long story short:
    Single venue musicians 1st.
    Triple venue musicians last (cause they fit anywhere)
  • adruralo
    3278 posts Member
    I do the opposite, I fill the 4 slot one first with those that can only do one venue.
    However that is generally the right idea, use those that can only do one venue first, leaving those that can do three venues last as they are the most flexible. Eventually you'll be left with a couple of venues open and when done right you'll be left with musicians that can do any venue making it easier.

Long story short:
    Single venue musicians 1st.
    Triple venue musicians last (cause they fit anywhere)
    ^ this
    I find this method best. Fill in the 4 slots first with those with one venue. Always leave to last those can can do all three venues. Works every time for me and I manage to fill all slots.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • With the pop stage and Krusty Burger open I find sometimes I end up 1 slot empty, have all the characters but not enough to fill all spots.
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • Ratbag72 wrote: »
    With the pop stage and Krusty Burger open I find sometimes I end up 1 slot empty, have all the characters but not enough to fill all spots.

Don't know what to say, if you have all premium characters/skins you should be able to fill all.slots, otherwise once you get rapper Bart or Hip Hop Weird Al you should be able to fill all slots easily ( although technicality all should be filled...)
  • I don't have all of the premium performers - and often have a stage unused or some slots unused. But I never have performers unused.

My method:

I fill 2 venue slots first across all genres, prioritizing performers who can only do one genre. This maximizes the bonus slots.

Then I scroll through the three four slot venues and see which ones I can definitely fill (this works because I saved performers who work across multiple genres). I fill those and use leftovers on the remaining stage.

This maximizes bonus slots while using all performers.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I don't have all of the premium performers - and often have a stage unused or some slots unused. But I never have performers unused.

My method:

I fill 2 venue slots first across all genres, prioritizing performers who can only do one genre. This maximizes the bonus slots.

Then I scroll through the three four slot venues and see which ones I can definitely fill (this works because I saved performers who work across multiple genres). I fill those and use leftovers on the remaining stage.

This maximizes bonus slots while using all performers.

This is what I do as well. I find the autofill does it the opposite way and I end up with people not performing that could have been if I set it up myself.
  • The last time we had auto fill was for the super heroes and i remember it being not helpful at all. So i completely ignored it this time.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • I think Autofill arbitrarily assigns any characters who are eligible to go on stage. There is no specific algorithm to optimize performers, so it really is useless except perhaps in Act 1.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • I've noticed autofill selects the first available players to fill slots. As Lisa and BGM appear pretty high on the list of available musicians (and they're the last ones I select), it's not going to optimize musicians/venues and will likely leave both unassigned musicians and empty slots. Unless I'm short on time I'll fill the slots manually - single-venue musicians first, triple-venue musicians last, and I can place all my musicians regardless of which genre of music Moe's and the KEM call for.
  • Ratbag72 wrote: »
    With the pop stage and Krusty Burger open I find sometimes I end up 1 slot empty, have all the characters but not enough to fill all spots.

This happens to me too. Usually when multiple venues require hip hop performers. Unlocking Bart and Weird Als hip hop jobs should help. Not like I'm struggling with earning bling though. Already over 60K
  • johncolombo
    11281 posts Senior Moderator
    I've tried all 3 methods. The 4 spot first. The 2 spot first. And auto fill. I most often have left over people and spots not filled. You kinda need a flow chart and I don't have time for that.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Auto fill is exactly what it says it is, auto fill. It does not and never said it will maximize efficiency and help you get the most event currency.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    The last time we had auto fill was for the super heroes and i remember it being not helpful at all. So i completely ignored it this time.

^^^This.

• I've tried all 3 methods. The 4 spot first. The 2 spot first. And auto fill. I most often have left over people and spots not filled. You kinda need a flow chart and I don't have time for that.

The changing venues will screw the chart up. I tried to figure out a regular lineup to use, and this act I cant make it work with one lineup all the time. Maybe theres a way but I'm nit seeing it.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I've tried all 3 methods. The 4 spot first. The 2 spot first. And auto fill. I most often have left over people and spots not filled. You kinda need a flow chart and I don't have time for that.

The changing venues will screw the chart up. I tried to figure out a regular lineup to use, and this act I cant make it work with one lineup all the time. Maybe theres a way but I'm nit seeing it.

I'll try and simplify it.

Krusty Burger and Hip Hop stage are always Hip Hop.
    Rock stage and Simpson House are always Rock.
    Elementary School and Pop Stage are always Pop.

The only ones that change are Kwik-E Mart and Moe's.
    Basically if you have the others figured out don't change a thing. Just make sure that the musicians in KEM and Moe's can do 2 or 3 types of music Ex: my four are: Lisa, Bleeding Gums Murphy, Weird Al, and Rockstar Maggie.
    If one of those venues needs hip hop, Lisa and BGM will be placed there, the others in the leftover venue. If the stages are Rock and Pop than any combo works.

Hopefully this.makes it easier.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Only real issue I'm having right now is I haven't unlocked Hip hop Bart or hip hop weird al yet. Ive had quite a few times where 4 venues need hip hop characters and with only 8 hip hop characters I'm left with one venue empty and one of my performers walking around town. (I have 21 of the 22 characters. I didn't unlock the last guy from Act 1)

Just had to say my hip hop stage is hilarious
    Alcatraaaz, Hibbert, Apu, and Krusty the clown :smiley: