EA Forums - Banner

How you are losing snakes: Explained by testing engineer

167891012Next

Replies

• jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited April 2013
    Hi all,

I've been trying a few things with this issue and it does seem that you lose snakes in a town where you've sent Lisa. The good news is that if you have the licence to whack snakes, you can whack all of the snakes in the town that you're visiting and get all the loose ones back. The only down side of this is, as others have mentioned, you sometimes get eggs instead of snakes.

I've visited quite a few friends towns and whacked the hell out of every snake I find there and, overall, I'm actually up on my snake count.

I haven't sent Lisa to any town besides Other Springfield and I still lose snakes in certain towns. This is why I am not 100% sure about the Lisa thing.
  • snesoey
    1 posts
    edited April 2013
    I lost several hundred of snakes! This is bogus! I just entered one town and lost 60 snakes!!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    snesoey wrote:
    I lost several hundred of snakes! This is bogus! I just entered one town and lost 60 snakes!!

Seems to be some issues today, maybe it's a sign that they are trying to fix things? I just put a big heart and my initials in my son's town. Went to his town to check it and tap some snakes for him while he's at school and the 47 eggs I just dumped are gone.

I went back to my town, visited his town and the eggs are no longer there.

Awesome. 47 eggs have vanished into the netherworld.

And there seems to be some serious lagging going on when trying to go into towns, hopefull it's all signs of them trying to fix things.

Now, can I have my 47 eggs back?
  • a308936
    55 posts
    edited April 2013
    This is all too confusing for me to comprehend... I'm just gonna keep visiting and whacking til the end of days... or until all my "rewards" are collected.... which will probably be the end of days.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Last night, when visiting; I noticed the order of my friends change. Since I remembered what Lissa had said, I closed out my game, double tapped on home to clear the memory and then went back in. Really seemed to cut down on my snake loss doing it every time I either noticed a change or noticed snake loss.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    Last night, when visiting; I noticed the order of my friends change. Since I remembered what Lissa had said, I closed out my game, double tapped on home to clear the memory and then went back in. Really seemed to cut down on my snake loss doing it every time I either noticed a change or noticed snake loss.

It doesn't always work, sometimes you have to walk away from the game and go back in about 30 minutes later. I suspect it's an indicator of server synching issues.

And I said I was done discussing this.....lol.... :oops:
  • BGringo
    119 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    *salute* to Lissa

I cleared about 200 snakes today from visiting other towns. Kept it to about 3 snakes per town on average.
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeahhh just visited all my friends, and guess what?, A full amount of 22 snakes !!! :evil:
  • spiritmuse83
    33 posts
    edited April 2013
    This event is a total mess.

Whacking snakes is fun, but the ungodly amount if snakes you need to get the top prizes, coupled with the fact that whenever you're visiting neighbours you're losing snakes left and right, makes it extremely tedious.

I'm afraid to visit my neighbours now, because it can potentially negate all my hard work. That's not supposed to happen in a social game like this, is it?

This event is not fun. And I regret spending donuts on the snake log now (also because the premium items are ridiculously overpriced).

EA, please fix.
  • sea_dragon20
    38 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure I believe the Lisa explanation. I visited a friend yesterday and my snake count immediately dropped by 50. I had recollected about 20 of them when a reminder popped up on my phone, which kicked me back to my own Springfield. Went back to that same neighbor and my count dropped by ANOTHER 50 snakes. I think it has to do with premium items - this person had scores of police cars, ambulances, Burns limos, green dumpsters, apple and orange trees, flower planters etc. I would guess at least 500 of those smaller premium items, probably more. Interestingly I remember this same town was one that would instantly crash my game when I visited a few months ago.
  • edited April 2013
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, apologies if it has, but I discovered that snakes and eggs are unlike xp or money from friends towns in that any left on the screen but which has not yet been added to your totals are lost when you exit the town.

This seems to have been exacerbated by the fact that everyone is trying to get out of friends towns ASAP to avoid loosing snakes. But it is well worth it to take the extra half second to tap all the snakes and eggs you get, or else you are just tapping for nothing if they a still floating around as you exit the town.

This would not account for loosing 50 or so snakes, but may be the cause for why many people are coming back from visiting loads of friends with a tiny amount of extra snakes to show for it.
  • sidhaha
    9 posts
    edited April 2013
    I lost 200 snakes in just one visit to the other springfield! thats total horse crap!!!

New entry!

After posting this I lost another 300 snakes. In all today I lost nearly 600 snakes visiting 3 towns.

EA games has realy droped the ball on this one.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • captainhobo103
    48 posts
    edited April 2013
    I just ran through my friends list collecting snakes for the day.

88 friends, only two of them stole snakes from me, one of them was a small level 7 town - since it was easy to gather up all the escaped snakes I visited the town 3 times in a row and all three times it took 5 snakes from me (all of which I gathered).

Shut down the Simpsons app. Ten minutes later I opened the Simpsons app and this same town is now at level 8 and I can go in and out of the town multiple times without losing a single snake.

What this possibly tells me is this other person had his town open on his app at the same time I was accessing the town and snakes were escaping from me.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Is anybody else's snake count going up? I know everyone is saying their losing snakes, but I'm mysteriously gaining snakes. And not just a few, a couple hundred. I only collected from friends about half an hour a go and was up to 1400 snakes, I just went back in and I'm up to 1735. That's a bit of a jump, but I'm not complaining.
  • icbeacon
    62 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure I believe the Lisa explanation. I visited a friend yesterday and my snake count immediately dropped by 50. I had recollected about 20 of them when a reminder popped up on my phone, which kicked me back to my own Springfield. Went back to that same neighbor and my count dropped by ANOTHER 50 snakes. I think it has to do with premium items - this person had scores of police cars, ambulances, Burns limos, green dumpsters, apple and orange trees, flower planters etc. I would guess at least 500 of those smaller premium items, probably more. Interestingly I remember this same town was one that would instantly crash my game when I visited a few months ago.

Can't buy it either. Virtually EVERY town I go to I lose snakes in. I have a hard time believing all of my friends send their Lisas to my Springfield at the same time. I shouldn't be going down in my snake count each time I try to visit a friend.
  • shelma1221
    22 posts
    edited April 2013
    I've decided that I simply am not going to visit any neighbors during the whacking event. It's simply not worth it. I entered the first neighbors town with 503 snakes. The second I enter my snake count immediately dropped to 487. After about 10 minutes I was able to get it back up to 501. Enter second neighbors town with 501 snakes going in. As soon as I entered my snake count dropped to 451. That's 50 snakes! After another 10 minutes I was only able to get my count back up to 489. I give up. As Comic Book Guy would say...Worst update ever!!!
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited April 2013
    icbeacon wrote:

Can't buy it either. Virtually EVERY town I go to I lose snakes in. I have a hard time believing all of my friends send their Lisas to my Springfield at the same time. I shouldn't be going down in my snake count each time I try to visit a friend.
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough and that was probably my fault. Let me try to explain again. Lisa's task isnt causing ALL the problems, in fact it may not be causing most of them, but it DOES make you lose 5 snakes if you enter a town that someone is currently sending Lisa to. People have tested this and it works. Again, it may only be a small issue, but if it helps you not to drop as many snakes when visiting friends, it's better than nothing. It's not a complete solution which is not what people want to hear, but I don't think we're really going to find out what's happening for sure with all these different things going on. The important thing is that EA does :D Ive edited my post earlier to make it a little clearer
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!