EA Forums - Banner

How you are losing snakes: Explained by testing engineer

Replies

• gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Amol78 wrote:
    This theory may be a little off. I went into a town to today whacked 3 snakes as there were only 3 and came out -6 snakes from previous snake count.

Not really.

If you lost 10 snakes then you need to go find the other snakes, did you also account for any eggs?

Somebody do the math, it's in there but my head is starting to hurt.
    [0.25(eggs) + 0.75(snakes)]*(license + + of times Lisa's snakebit you)?????
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lll3lucky wrote:
    Still trying to get the license, but yesterday I visited someones town and lost snakes. I never even clicked any snakes or bldgs. Seems that this will be a task for us to get the required items for our own towns and whack our own snakes...so far. I agree with Tatsumi81, with this whole Whacking event being broken. That's not to include all the other issues that are in the mist. I have collected eggs and I want to give some to my neighbors, but I fear losing snakes because I haven't even received the license to whack yet. I was planning on just releasing in the "Other Springfield" and take that loss when that task comes up so that they wouldn't lose any snakes.

I don't think it's broken.

I think we don't understand how to use it.

It seems to me that we are on the cusp with this post on finally understanding it.

If I'm connecting the dots correctly, Lisa is sent into your town to release snakes. That release shows up when you go into the neighbors town and suddenly lose snakes. You have to go and find those snakes. That is why you have to watch your snake number.

I tried this out and it happened in two towns. The first I lost 20 snakes, got them back. The second I lost 30 snakes, got them back.

I have no idea why snakes are disappearing from our own towns unless we have to go out and find the snakes in our neighbors towns. So evidently we lose snakes two ways (and it is still not clear if Lisa has anything to do with this).

But I do know that I was able to get my snakes back....however....be careful though because if you overwhack? You will lose extra snakes....grrr....

Again, not broken....we just don't have a full understanding of how to play the whacking game.
    Lisa's job is 5 hours, so someone would need to have done the job times in order for you to lose that many snakes in that town. That's suspicious to me... either someone has a death wish upon you, or we're missing something else. I'm leaning more towards some random number generator.

But to add to something you mentioned, yes....we don't know any of these details because EA doesn't share these with us. I wish they would, as it would help a lot! I wish they'd open more communications between us, even if it's between a mod to share.

Not if they selected my town every single time. I don't think it's random but we need more testing.

I do think you are onto the answer now and figuring out how to play this event.
    That's what I'm saying. Why are they selecting you and only you every single time? Unless you banned someone and had them on your friends list.... ;-)
  • Amol78
    154 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Amol78 wrote:
    This theory may be a little off. I went into a town to today whacked 3 snakes as there were only 3 and came out -6 snakes from previous snake count.

Not really.

If you lost 10 snakes then you need to go find the other snakes, did you also account for any eggs?

The town was clean of all snakes and no eggs that I could see. It wasn't a very big town.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    Amol78 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Amol78 wrote:

Not really.

The town was clean of all snakes and no eggs that I could see. It wasn't a very big town.
    It's a possibility your snakes were released right before you left town. The releasing doesn't happen only upon entering the town. I've had one case where I continually lost 3 snakes whenever I continued whacking. I just took my losses and left.
  • LadyVonKrippler
    10 posts
    edited April 2013
    How can someone take the eggs you are paying for?

I have purchased all 3 of the snake producing items. They product 60 snakes every 2 hours, between the 3 of them. I went to visit a town and lost all of them and I had just gotten them.

How can EA justify taking things that are paid for?

This game is really messed up if people can come steal snakes. I have a neighbor who I could have stolen 2130 snakes this morning, how is that possible?????

I wish I was not a level 27 in this game I would walk away from it right now.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013

I have purchased all 3 of the snake producing items. They product 60 snakes every 2 hours, between the 3 of them. I went to visit a town and lost all of them and I had just gotten them.

This game is really messed up if people can come steal snakes. I have a neighbor who I could have stolen 2130 snakes this morning, how is that possible?????

I know you are angry and I understand but if this theory is true? You can get them back. All you have to do is find them. You couldn't have stolen that many snakes because Lisa only takes 5 every 5 hours. You can go into that town and get them back.

AND....this is just a theory.

We have no idea if it is right or not, more people are going to have to test it.

I suggest having a group of people send Lisa on tasks to each others town and then waiting till she's done with her task to visit the town she's in. The number of snakes should vanish by 5 and that means you should walk away with 10 (right?).

It needs to be tested many times over different towns before we can say "this is the reason and this is the solution."

Failure to provide adequate testing is just a guess.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

I know you are angry and I understand but if this theory is true? You can get them back. All you have to do is find them. You couldn't have stolen that many snakes because Lisa only takes 5 every 5 hours. You can go into that town and get them back.

AND....this is just a theory.

We have no idea if it is right or not, more people are going to have to test it.

I suggest having a group of people send Lisa on tasks to each others town and then waiting till she's done with her task to visit the town she's in. The number of snakes should vanish by 5 and that means you should walk away with 10 (right?).

It needs to be tested many times over different towns before we can say "this is the reason and this is the solution."

Failure to provide adequate testing is just a guess.
    Peter tested the Lisa theory.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9437180.page
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I have been testing this theory as well and I believe you are right. I've also noticed that it's the same towns that let my snakes loose each time. I'm curious if these same neighbor's towns are doing the same to other players.

The downside is that if a player hasn't earned the whacking license yet, they are out the snakes because they can't recapture them. So, it would be best to avoid the towns that affect their totals until they get their license.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    I have been testing this theory as well and I believe you are right. I've also noticed that it's the same towns that let my snakes loose each time. I'm curious if these same neighbor's towns are doing the same to other players.

The downside is that if a player hasn't earned the whacking license yet, they are out the snakes because they can't recapture them. So, it would be best to avoid the towns that affect their totals until they get their license.

We should compare notes to see if they are the same people, could be a glitch in their towns and not something they are doing at all.

I will not post the names here but it is the same towns costing me 20 and 30 snakes.
  • LaSpangle
    81 posts
    edited April 2013
    This doesn't explain why i lost over 85 snakes today while i was away from my tablet and hadn't visited any towns at all. the count fell dramatically between my closing count in my town while i left the app, and my opening count when i started it up again. smae happened a bit later with a drop of thirty between closing and reopening, with no towns visited.
  • wyendn
    310 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    So, where do we send Lisa to other Springfield or to neighbors?
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    fuzzy476 wrote:
    yeah, can we reclaim lost snakes without a license? Do I need to stay out of towns until i attain the license? I lost 50 easily and some of it certainly is the lisa quest I think most is from visiting towns.
    From what I've been able to tell, you don't lose snakes in towns unless you have a license to get snakes in a town. The reason you're losing 5 snakes at a time is because of Lisa's snake job.
    I don't think it's Lisa's task.

Another user has reported that his/hers 2nd town has only 1 friend his/her first. Did not set lisa to release snakes in the 2nd town, and the 2nd town still lost snakes.

others have reported losing snakes when visiting towns, and not having the license. So I think they are either 1. screwed, or 2. those snakes will still be there when they do get their license.

I have no way of validating / testing what happens in that scenario, because I have my license.

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    There appears to be some sort of glitch causing this because it's highly unlikely that the same people are targeting more than one person.

So....don't go running off like a crazy person and deleting your neighbors when they are probably completely innocent and have no idea their towns are stealing your snakes when you visit.

LOL

• devdoctor
    52 posts
    edited April 2013
    Hi, this is my very first post to the forums, although I've been following them now for some time just as an observer (I hope that doesn't make me a "troll"). I just noticed the deal with losing snakes after visiting friends an hour ago and immediately logged on here to see what was going on (and obviously it's not just me!). :lol:

I agree that Lisa's task is probably not the problem; since I only spent five minutes visiting three other towns it's highly unlikely two people sent Lisa to free my snakes in that little bit of time (and not any other time during the day). The explanation in the other thread about Lisa freeing the snakes from eggs to be whacked makes sense and shouldn't affect the count of snakes already whacked.

As far as how this is working with losing snakes, I'm sorry but IMO it's a glitch, pure and simple. Considering this game is intended to be played by kids (maybe not young kids because, hey, it's the Simpsons, but at least 8th grade and up) and adults alike, I doubt the designers would make it so complicated that we have to do complex trigonometry to figure out the rules. I think it's simply a bug that occurred when they added in the eggs and the whacking. Fact is, even though I bought the stump and playing off/on throughout the day, I still don't have enough snakes to get my first license, so it has nothing to do with "whacking over my limit" or anything else. Unfortunately, I think in their attempt to build the "social" element of this game, they made an error. So yeah, until it's fixed, I'm not visiting anyone else's towns. Sorry! :?

Has anyone tried reporting it to EA yet? I know they were sooooo efficient at fixing the harpie of death glitch, but this at least qualifies as a major bug and not just a minor complaint.
  • lll3lucky
    542 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    A lot of these theories may hold true if numbers 5, 10, 15 etc. where being lost when people whack, release, or etc. The downside is that people who havn't released, whacked, etc. are losing random numbers of snakes and eggs.
  • Fedwa44
    10 posts
    edited April 2013
    I had 111 snakes. Visted 8 towns in approx 3 min. Had 89 when I returned. I have no license yet.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    I also lost snakes without a license. Edit: I know where I lost them because it's the only town where I've seen snakes. Just don't have a clue how I'm supposed to get them back, or if they'll still be there when I can whack them.

Have we asked EA about this yet?
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited April 2013
    Fedwa44 wrote:
    I had 111 snakes. Visted 8 towns in approx 3 min. Had 89 when I returned. I have no license yet.
    Again, are you paying attention to your snake count during your visits? They get released IN THE TOWN and you have to whack them to get them back.
  • wyendn
    310 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Again, what do we do with LISA.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Fedwa44 wrote:
    Again, are you paying attention to your snake count during your visits? They get released IN THE TOWN and you have to whack them to get them back.

They don't have a license yet.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!