EA Forums - Banner

How you are losing snakes: Explained by testing engineer

Replies

• Rikevfox
    10 posts
    edited April 2013
    Same here, I have no licence so I can't recover lost snakes or enter whack mode and placing eggs didn't affect anything as I placed some without loss earlier.

The snake loss bug is rather critical I think! It also makes getting to the licence to recover them near impossible.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Rikevfox wrote:

The snake loss bug is rather critical I think! It also makes getting to the licence to recover them near impossible.

Yes, this point seems to be repeatedly overlooked. I lost nearly 100 snakes while visiting friens towns, cant remember how many towns I visited but it would have been less than 10, never going to recover at that rate so why try?
  • lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited April 2013
    fuzzy476 wrote:
    yeah, can we reclaim lost snakes without a license? Do I need to stay out of towns until i attain the license? I lost 50 easily and some of it certainly is the lisa quest I think most is from visiting towns.

Just wondering this.
    And I'm very confused how this works in general. I don't want to cause snake loss to myself or friends
    lol! Sounds so ridiculous lol! :D xD I'm laughing listening to myself trying to explain this so seriously :lol: 8) :shock: :D

Anyway...
    I have no snake license yet. I am not on this step yet, but have been sending Lisa to "Other Springfield" to gain her snake payout, without affecting friends' snake count. (according to others the task steals snakes from friends but please correct me if this is wrong)

I have been visiting friends to leave eggs and spraying buildings. I haven't paid attention to my count before/after visiting.

Is it best to not visit other towns until snake license is attained?

As i was writing this, Lisa completed releasing snakes in Other Springfield, and Homer completed the breaking Flanders' house and my snakes went from 171 to 210. No idea how that equates.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Rikevfox wrote:
    Same here, I have no licence so I can't recover lost snakes or enter whack mode and placing eggs didn't affect anything as I placed some without loss earlier.

The only thing I can think of is to create a second town to swap eggs back and forth with as long as your new town doesn't have the bug.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I also lost snakes without a license. Edit: I know where I lost them because it's the only town where I've seen snakes. Just don't have a clue how I'm supposed to get them back, or if they'll still be there when I can whack them.

Have we asked EA about this yet?

They have bigger fish to fry, there are still hundreds of towns reset/lost.

I think we can figure this out ourselves. I also think somebody has sent out a request? I read that somewhere. That somebody has been in touch and asking for an explanation of how this works.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed the exact things as many others, certain towns cause me to release snakes from my inventory, then that number of snakes are available to be tapped in that town. I haven't noticed this happening during my visits, but I can usually tell when it happens because most of my "lost" snakes are dropped near the landing zone and it's a mini-frenzy.

It is crucial flaw for those with no license.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited April 2013

What ever is going on. Whether Lisa's Quest or snake loss in other towns. EA just needs so stop snake loss altogether.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I also lost snakes without a license. Edit: I know where I lost them because it's the only town where I've seen snakes. Just don't have a clue how I'm supposed to get them back, or if they'll still be there when I can whack them.

I think we can figure this out ourselves. I also think somebody has sent out a request? I read that somewhere. That somebody has been in touch and asking for an explanation of how this works.
    So long as someone has asked, I'm cool with waiting until we know and avoiding towns where it happens.

It is a pattern with certain towns, then, from what people are saying - so we can identify which to avoid and which we can safely visit?
    I wonder what makes them special. Maybe those are the towns that have sicced Lisa on you? (Or maybe not...)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

So long as someone has asked, I'm cool with waiting until we know and avoiding towns where it happens.

It is a pattern with certain towns, then, from what people are saying - so we can identify which to avoid and which we can safely visit?
    I wonder what makes them special. Maybe those are the towns that have sicced Lisa on you? (Or maybe not...)

I don't think it is anything they are doing.

I'm actually worried that they will be called out or black listed and are completely innocent. I think as long as you know which towns are causing the snake loss? Just go in and get the extra snakes. You get the snakes you lose PLUS the ones you get from your license (5 or 10).
  • lll3lucky
    542 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    What ever is going on. Whether Lisa's Quest or snake loss in other towns. EA just needs so stop snake loss altogether.

+1000
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited April 2013
    i just started all this so maybe this is why but....

i visited 3 friends earlier, left eggs for them and my count stayed the same. i didnt whack any snakes in any of them though. so is it only when you whack snakes that it affects your count?
  • bballwalli
    94 posts
    edited April 2013
    @lissa that doesn't work.
    I lost over 40 in 1 town and tapped every snake in the town and was
    Still short. Happened multiple times in different towns. At this point visiting neighbors is just causing me to lost snakes by the bunches.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

I'm actually worried that they will be called out or black listed and are completely innocent. I think as long as you know which towns are causing the snake loss? Just go in and get the extra snakes. You get the snakes you lose PLUS the ones you get from your license (5 or 10).
    Sorry, I meant a pattern for the individual. So, say, if I lose snakes when I visit X, Y, and Z, should I avoid X, Y, and Z towns until I get my license and can get the snakes back because it means I'm likely to lose snakes if I enter those towns again?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Sorry, I meant a pattern for the individual. So, say, if I lose snakes when I visit X, Y, and Z, should I avoid X, Y, and Z towns until I get my license and can get the snakes back because it means I'm likely to lose snakes if I enter those towns again?

I honestly don't know.

We are all guessing right now but try and figure out what works for you. I didn't visit any friends till I had my license so I didn't start losing snakes till I visited the friends to whack their snakes. I also have stopped tapping buildings, I just go in and get the snakes. I don't spend a bunch of time looking for them either. If I only get 3? Then I only get 3 (unless I've lost some in that town and then I find them all).

Since I've started doing this? I do find them all. However, remember that some of the snakes are turned into eggs and that has to be taken into account. You may lose 5 snake and have your snake license but may only get 5 snakes out of the town because you got 5 eggs.

Also, if you leave the town and go back in and hear the hissing sound? Doesn't that mean there is still a snake for you to find? BUT....are you willing to lose the snakes again to find that one missing snake? Not me.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

I honestly don't know.

We are all guessing right now but try and figure out what works for you. I didn't visit any friends till I had my license so I didn't start losing snakes till I visited the friends to whack their snakes. I also have stopped tapping buildings, I just go in and get the snakes. I don't spend a bunch of time looking for them either. If I only get 3? Then I only get 3 (unless I've lost some in that town and then I find them all).

Since I've started doing this? I do find them all. However, remember that some of the snakes are turned into eggs and that has to be taken into account. You may lose 5 snake and have your snake license but may only get 5 snakes out of the town because you got 5 eggs.

Also, if you leave the town and go back in and hear the hissing sound? Doesn't that mean there is still a snake for you to find? BUT....are you willing to lose the snakes again to find that one missing snake? Not me.
    Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if someone had identified a pattern that seemed reliable and I had missed it. Keeping up with all of these threads is near impossible right now.

I've generally been staying out of towns, but will see how it goes once I get my license, which should be sometime tomorrow.
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    So in a nut shell,

whack every snake you find in a friends town because some of them are yours that've been released
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    NStanger91 wrote:
    No in a nut shell,

whack every snake you find in a friends town because some of them are yours that've been released

No, if you go over your limit you will lose snakes.

I know.

I've done this because I lost track lol. I left the town with less snakes than I went in, it's like you are penalized or something for being greedy lol.

Anybody else have that happen? With snakes flying right and left, it could have been something else.
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    NStanger91 wrote:
    So in a nut shell,

I know.

I've done this because I lost track lol. I left the town with less snakes than I went in, it's like you are penalized or something for being greedy lol.

Anybody else have that happen? With snakes flying right and left, it could have been something else.

ok im confused then :S

how do you get back lost snakes
  • joeherman2012
    100 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm lossing snakes when I visit a town for the second plus in a day just happened twice. I.e. I visit friend A do my three friendly tasks and leage a cpuple eggs. Then four hours later visit them again that's when I lose snakes
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    NStanger91 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    NStanger91 wrote:
    So in a nut shell,

I know.

ok im confused then :S

how do you get back lost snakes

This is what is working for me, I have no idea if it will work for others but feel free to try.

-I pay attention to the number of snakes I have before going into the town to see if I lose any
    -I do not tap on buildings anymore
    -I do not spend too much time looking for the snakes
    -I only go into baton mode when I see a snake
    -If I haven't lost any snakes, then I count to at least 3 (remember eggs count too) and if I can't find the other 2 then I don't worry about it
    -If I have lost snakes? I find every single one of those buggers plus the 5 owed to me for having a license (you may have to leave the town and go back in but it's a matter of principal for me, I want my released snakes back)

Anyways, that's what I'm doing.

I want to stress that if you notice you are consistently losing snakes in one town? Remember that odds are very good that the person has no idea this is happening.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!