EA Forums - Banner

How you are losing snakes: Explained by testing engineer

Replies

• IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    EA can't even count XP anymore, why does anyone thing they'll be able to accurately count snakes. This smells like a bug, not a feature of the game.

But of course, multiple neighbors could be taking from the same town, if that is how it is supposd to really work. But I'd expect the drops to be in multiples of 5 always.
  • wyendn
    310 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, what lissarv68 posted seems to work ok so far....thanks for the tip. Where should i send Lisa?
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lll3lucky wrote:
    Still trying to get the license, but yesterday I visited someones town and lost snakes. I never even clicked any snakes or bldgs. Seems that this will be a task for us to get the required items for our own towns and whack our own snakes...so far. I agree with Tatsumi81, with this whole Whacking event being broken. That's not to include all the other issues that are in the mist. I have collected eggs and I want to give some to my neighbors, but I fear losing snakes because I haven't even received the license to whack yet. I was planning on just releasing in the "Other Springfield" and take that loss when that task comes up so that they wouldn't lose any snakes.

I don't think it's broken.

I think we don't understand how to use it.

It seems to me that we are on the cusp with this post on finally understanding it.

If I'm connecting the dots correctly, Lisa is sent into your town to release snakes. That release shows up when you go into the neighbors town and suddenly lose snakes. You have to go and find those snakes. That is why you have to watch your snake number.

I tried this out and it happened in two towns. The first I lost 20 snakes, got them back. The second I lost 30 snakes, got them back.

I have no idea why snakes are disappearing from our own towns unless we have to go out and find the snakes in our neighbors towns. So evidently we lose snakes two ways (and it is still not clear if Lisa has anything to do with this).

But I do know that I was able to get my snakes back....however....be careful though because if you overwhack? You will lose extra snakes....grrr....

Again, not broken....we just don't have a full understanding of how to play the whacking game.

Sorry but this just sounds stupid. If its too good to be true it usually is. Sure there could be some intricate and mysterious way the Lisa task is related to visiting friends but in the end a glitch is just a glitch. This is my last post on the subject and I wish you guys luck in your theories and tests. 

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lll3lucky wrote:
    Still trying to get the license, but yesterday I visited someones town and lost snakes. I never even clicked any snakes or bldgs. Seems that this will be a task for us to get the required items for our own towns and whack our own snakes...so far. I agree with Tatsumi81, with this whole Whacking event being broken. That's not to include all the other issues that are in the mist. I have collected eggs and I want to give some to my neighbors, but I fear losing snakes because I haven't even received the license to whack yet. I was planning on just releasing in the "Other Springfield" and take that loss when that task comes up so that they wouldn't lose any snakes.

It seems to me that we are on the cusp with this post on finally understanding it.

If I'm connecting the dots correctly, Lisa is sent into your town to release snakes. That release shows up when you go into the neighbors town and suddenly lose snakes. You have to go and find those snakes. That is why you have to watch your snake number.

I tried this out and it happened in two towns. The first I lost 20 snakes, got them back. The second I lost 30 snakes, got them back.

I have no idea why snakes are disappearing from our own towns unless we have to go out and find the snakes in our neighbors towns. So evidently we lose snakes two ways (and it is still not clear if Lisa has anything to do with this).

But I do know that I was able to get my snakes back....however....be careful though because if you overwhack? You will lose extra snakes....grrr....

Again, not broken....we just don't have a full understanding of how to play the whacking game.

Sorry but this just sounds stupid. If its too good to be true it usually is. Sure there could be some intricate and mysterious way the Lisa task is related to visiting friends but in the end a glitch is just a glitch. This is my last post on the subject and I wish you guys luck in your theories and tests. 

Nice, call something stupid and run.

Did you bother to read the entire thing? Bother to read what came after? When I posted that it was a theory...a guess...and we've since advanced it to something else.

Please read before calling people and things names.
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    This is what is working for me, I have no idea if it will work for others but feel free to try.

-I pay attention to the number of snakes I have before going into the town to see if I lose any
    -I do not tap on buildings anymore
    -I do not spend too much time looking for the snakes
    -I only go into baton mode when I see a snake
    -If I haven't lost any snakes, then I count to at least 3 (remember eggs count too) and if I can't find the other 2 then I don't worry about it
    -If I have lost snakes? I find every single one of those buggers plus the 5 owed to me for having a license (you may have to leave the town and go back in but it's a matter of principal for me, I want my released snakes back)

Anyways, that's what I'm doing.

I want to stress that if you notice you are consistently losing snakes in one town? Remember that odds are very good that the person has no idea this is happening.

Will try this... As if visiting towns isn't time consuming enough.
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    NStanger91 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    NStanger91 wrote:
    So in a nut shell,

whack every snake you find in a friends town because some of them are yours that've been released

No, if you go over your limit you will lose snakes.

I know.

I've done this because I lost track lol. I left the town with less snakes than I went in, it's like you are penalized or something for being greedy lol.

Anybody else have that happen? With snakes flying right and left, it could have been something else.

ok im confused then :S

how do you get back lost snakes

This is what is working for me, I have no idea if it will work for others but feel free to try.

-I pay attention to the number of snakes I have before going into the town to see if I lose any
    -If I haven't lost any snakes, then I count to at least 3 (remember eggs count too) and if I can't find the other 2 then I don't worry about it
    -If I have lost snakes? I find every single one of those buggers plus the 5 owed to me for having a license (you may have to leave the town and go back in but it's a matter of principal for me, I want my released snakes back)

I want to stress that if you notice you are consistently losing snakes in one town? Remember that odds are very good that the person has no idea this is happening.

So if you lose none - whack 5
    If you lose 5 - whack 10
    If you lose 3 - whack 8

??? :-S
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    NStanger91 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    NStanger91 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    NStanger91 wrote:
    So in a nut shell,

whack every snake you find in a friends town because some of them are yours that've been released

No, if you go over your limit you will lose snakes.

I know.

I've done this because I lost track lol. I left the town with less snakes than I went in, it's like you are penalized or something for being greedy lol.

Anybody else have that happen? With snakes flying right and left, it could have been something else.

ok im confused then :S

how do you get back lost snakes

So if you lose none - whack 5
    If you lose 5 - whack 10
    If you lose 3 - whack 8

??? :-S

It's what I'm doing and it's working for me.

I have no idea if it will work for anybody else and I'm not claiming it will. I just kept trying different things till something finally worked and my snakes stopped vanishing. They have stopped vanishing, I don't lose them anymore.

BUT....it could also be that as you get further along that you just stop losing so many snakes?

I don't know.
  • Applepimac
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    I had some leftover donuts from the harp glitch and decided to buy the snakes to get the prizes. I had over a thousand snakes and the next time I went on they were gone, while the prizes remained.. I visited some friends and snake count went down. I am no longer going to friends house until this is resolved. I am giving my sister all of my eggs and she is giving me all of hers.thats my solution. EA is whack!!!i spent money on this game and have to go through all this nonsense
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lll3lucky wrote:

Nice, call something stupid and run.

Did you bother to read the entire thing? Bother to read what came after? When I posted that it was a theory...a guess...and we've since advanced it to something else.

Please read before calling people and things names.

Ok then please explain to me how the Lisa task is related to any of this. I'm sorry if I'm curt but I've spent the last 12+ hours trying to convince people not to assuming something that's based on nothing but disproven speculation and I'm kinda tired of it. So I have my reasons for leaving
  • PsicoProfessor
    20 posts
    edited April 2013
    omg i dont have the license yet - 230 snakes, visited my friends towns and now i have 139 snakes, oh god
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited April 2013
    At this rate I'm never going to get my license. Ugh
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

Per the bolded, If I don't find every snake the first time and I leave and come back, I notice my count will drop again. So it's probably best to stay in the town and get them all the first time. I haven't had any issues staying in a town for a while looking for snakes though. I keep a running tally of my numbers when I enter and leave each town so I know how many snakes I need and it's been working for me. I also keep in mind that the towns that take 5-10 snakes on entry might not give me all snakes back and that I might get eggs, but the numbers still equal out.
  • wdecora
    4 posts
    edited April 2013
    Argh!!! I hadn't read this thread. I don't have the license yet. I had around 80 snakes when I went out to visit other towns, placed 40 eggs and then came back to my town and realized I now have only 1 SNAKE LEFT! :x

There was only one town I visited where I saw a snake running around. Where did all mine slither off to?

This makes zero sense. So basically I can't visit other towns until I save enough snakes in my town to get this license?

Is there any way to get back the lost snakes once you've left a town?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Per the bolded, If I don't find every snake the first time and I leave and come back, I notice my count will drop again. So it's probably best to stay in the town and get them all the first time. I haven't had any issues staying in a town for a while looking for snakes though. I keep a running tally of my numbers when I enter and leave each town so I know how many snakes I need and it's been working for me. I also keep in mind that the towns that take 5-10 snakes on entry might not give me all snakes back and that I might get eggs, but the numbers still equal out.

Good point!

I forgot about that, lol, told you guys the guessing is a work in progress.
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited April 2013
    Just visited a town and left an egg to see what would happen...I lost five snakes. I don't have my whacking license...still need two hundred snakes before I will. This is crap. :cry:
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited April 2013
    fuzzy476 wrote:
    yeah, can we reclaim lost snakes without a license? Do I need to stay out of towns until i attain the license? I lost 50 easily and some of it certainly is the lisa quest I think most is from visiting towns.
    From what I've been able to tell, you don't lose snakes in towns unless you have a license to get snakes in a town. The reason you're losing 5 snakes at a time is because of Lisa's snake job.

There have been numerous reports of people losing all their snakes by just visiting friends without having any license. I still believe its an issue that affects some origin accounts and not others, which is an similar to an issue we've seen before in another update (sorry can't remember which one but I think it had something to do with origin error when adding friends?)
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    There have been numerous reports of people losing all their snakes by just visiting friends without having any license. I still believe its an issue that affects some origin accounts and not others, which is an similar to an issue we've seen before in another update (sorry can't remember which one but I think it had something to do with origin error when adding friends?)

That is what we are thinking, that some of the towns have a bug on them that lets a number of your snakes loose in their town when you visit. By keeping track of your numbers when you enter and leave each town you can see how many snakes were let loose in those towns and search for them plus the amount your license allows. If you don't have a license, then you would be out those snakes, which sucks.

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    zuzupj wrote:

That is what we are thinking, that some of the towns have a bug on them that lets a number of your snakes loose in their town when you visit. By keeping track of your numbers when you enter and leave each town you can see how many snakes were let loose in those towns and search for them plus the amount your license allows. If you don't have a license, then you would be out those snakes, which sucks.

You also have to account for the eggs. If you lost 10 snakes and have a 5 snake license, then you have to find 15 snakes to tap (which may not give you 15 snakes back but eggs as well).

This is still all guessing so we will see where it goes from here as more information comes in.
  • frankenjacko
    237 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Having lisa steal snakes from other towns is worst idea ever. i lost more snakes then i got eggs from "friends"
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I just observed the loss of snakes during the middle of a visit. It's easy to tell when it happens with the sound on; you'll hear another Snake Hiss sound effect.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!