EA Forums - Banner

How you are losing snakes: Explained by testing engineer

Replies

• IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    First, I have the 5 snake license, and I'm losing snakes when going to friends towns. In fact, I notice as soon as I get there, and click the whack button, it shows me down snakes immediately. Sometimes 5, one time 10. But I can't find so many snakes in most towns I've tried to make them all back.

I don't understand how this can be part of the game, it defeats the purpose. It's just going to get people to stop visiting at all.
  • edited April 2013
    After reading through every post, IMO I can't see how any of this is meant to be happening. Everything is too random. I got my Whacking license earlier today, and my snake count has fluctuated so much. At first I lost snakes, it was stuck a couple times, then I lost more snakes. I finally opened a ticket with EA, I should have done that a couple days ago when my XP wa stuck, and still is. My XP resets everytime I come into the game. This is getting so frustrating.
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    Having lisa steal snakes from other towns is worst idea ever. i lost more snakes then i got eggs from "friends"

No, I refuse to believe that Lisa has anything to do with it. When I'm visiting a town, I lose snakes. It's one thing if Lisa takes some.

Unless they have some bad logic in the game that is saying if Lisa is on a task, let her steal from the player coming in. But that is not the expected behavior. This is a bug, and a nasty one. I know bugs happen, but this is ridiculous.

Glad I haven't dropped the 50D on the elite license...
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Just visited a friend to drop some eggs, heard the hissing sound and saw five snakes racing through her town and I was allowed to whack them even though I had already whacked snakes in her town earlier today. Kept a close eye on my snake account before, during and after, and true enough, the snakes came from me, and od course I only got "my" five snakes as I had already gotten the other five earlier today.
  • fuzzy476
    8 posts
    edited April 2013
    I don't lose snakes if my friend's town is still in that 24 hour window between visits. I thing the coding is anticipating that you will whack snakes as you tap buildings, and consequently some are released. The issue is we don't have the license yet. I'm limiting the towns visited until I get 400 snakes. I haven't lost any since I've employed this method.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013
    I reached 400 didnt log into my game for a few hours and lost 8 snakes...? What the hell????!?
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    if you are losing snakes visiting friends, here's something that has worked for me in most towns so far:

1. Make sure you have eggs to give. So far I've made sure to give 5.
    2. Go to a neighbor's town.
    3. Click nothing else except the egg icon in top right. Drop 5 eggs. (TODO Need to see if 1 is enough)
    4. Hit "X" after 5 eggs, then click the snake icon in top right.
    5. Whack 5 snakes. I seem to only ever see 5, as that is my license limit. Maybe if you have the Elite license, you would find 10, but I'm not seeing more than 5. Sometimes I can't even find 5, although that is probably cuz they keep hiding on me.
    6. Click the arrow in top left.
    7. Take money or whatever from 3 buildings like normal.
    8. Click the "my town" button on bottom right. EDIT: I think it is key to go directly back to your town. If you go back to the neighbor list, then back in, I've lost some snakes. Then there are more than 5 to whack, so you can make some back, but it's not always going to return snakes.
    9. Go back to another neighborhood.

If anyone else can try this and maybe validate 3 and 8?

It also seems that if you leave the town, and you didn't take the money from buildings, and you go back for it, you lose snakes. You should be able to get some back, but not all.
  • PsicoProfessor
    20 posts
    edited April 2013
    i've lost like 130 snakes just for visiting friends without a license, makes me sad
  • adruralo
    3278 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    A nighmare for me tonight.
    I visited the rest of my friends tonight 25 of them.
    I started out with 1500 snakes, I came back with 1490, 10 snakes down. I have a licence.
    I had 133 snakes gained but lost 143 hense 10 down.
    Something I discovered while in one town where I lost 25 snakes.
    First off the snakes dropped by 10, I then whacked 5 snakes, still 5 down. The next generated snakes appeared just under 6 minutes and I immediately lost further 10 snakes, now 15 down. I whacked 5 snakes, now 10 down. I continued until the next generated snakes appeared and again lost snakes. Eventually I came out of this persons town 25 snakes lost.
    If this keeps up no one will want to visit friends.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I just achieved 900 snakes for the second time today. I didn't start losing snakes until I visited neighbors. And I didn't start visiting neighbors until I got my license. I've lost over a hundred so far. Thanks for the tips; I'm gonna try some of the things listed here tomorrow.
  • G_B_U
    61 posts
    edited April 2013
    So to dumb it down (for me, no insult to others)... if you don't have a license to whack snake in others towns stay home until you do. When you can, you can gain 5 to 10 snakes dependent on your license. When you get there you "spill whacked snakes" and can reclaim them by whacking them again in that town. If complete, you restore your original number and gain the licensed 5 to 10 per friend. The Lisa quest is best spent on "Other Springfield" but does not affect this glitch.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    G_B_U wrote:
    So to dumb it down (for me, no insult to others)... if you don't have a license to whack snake in others towns stay home until you do. When you can, you can gain 5 to 10 snakes dependent on your license. When you get there you "spill whacked snakes" and can reclaim them by whacking them again in that town. If complete, you restore your original number and gain the licensed 5 to 10 per friend. The Lisa quest is best spent on "Other Springfield" but does not affect this glitch.

Yes and I really wish people would read this instead of running off half-crazed making hundreds of duplicate posts.

I no longer lose snakes.

I just pay attention when I enter a town, if my snake total drops? I find all the missing snakes.

Turn your volume on, you will hear a hissing sound when you enter the towns. If you see a large number of snakes scrambling in every direction the second you enter the town? Check your totals, odds are those are your 'released" snakes. Grab them quick.

If you hear the hissing sound while already in the town? Look at your totals, you probably just lost some snakes.

The Lisa quest doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything.

There seems to be a trend that the same towns are causing the same losses for everybody that visits them. This is not their fault, it is not something they are doing. DO NOT OUT THEM or the post will be deleted. We do not want some sort of black list situation happening.

Make your own private decisions if you are going to continue to visit those glitchy towns or not, just don't post the names.
  • DOHbeeWan
    81 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you all for posting this! I just visited a ton of towns with no license, dropping eggs in each and came back to find I had lost fifty eggs! I'll try some of these strategies out.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Yes and I really wish people would read this instead of running off half-crazed making hundreds of duplicate posts.

I no longer lose snakes.

I just pay attention when I enter a town, if my snake total drops? I find all the missing snakes.

Turn your volume on, you will hear a hissing sound when you enter the towns. If you see a large number of snakes scrambling in every direction the second you enter the town? Check your totals, odds are those are your 'released" snakes. Grab them quick.

If you hear the hissing sound while already in the town? Look at your totals, you probably just lost some snakes.

The Lisa quest doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything.

There seems to be a trend that the same towns are causing the same losses for everybody that visits them. This is not their fault, it is not something they are doing. DO NOT OUT THEM or the post will be deleted. We do not want some sort of black list situation happening.

Make your own private decisions if you are going to continue to visit those glitchy towns or not, just don't post the names.

Lissa, no direspect, but since you're a moderator now. Don't you have an EA contact, that you can relay these problems to. And then post a clear "sticky" answer. Even if it was "we're working on it".
    I'm glad you're here, but I still miss a real EA presence on this forum.
  • devdoctor
    52 posts
    edited April 2013
    First off, I appreciate everyone who's trying to figure out how to deal with this mess since we're not getting any help from EA. I thought I'd post my observations from this morning:

I went to bed with 200 snakes, woke up this morning with the same amount but there were 50 snakes running around and a blessed donor left 15 eggs (I found all but one). It didn't look like I had lost any overnight.

I've avoided visiting any towns today and haven't lost a single snake. That includes multiple syncs from going in and out of the game, so at least for me the snake loss doesn't seem to correspond to syncing.

I hear the hiss while playing but only one or maybe two snakes appear. I don't think this has anything to do with friends visiting (especially since I haven't seen any more eggs), but rather it just has to do with the periodic generation of new snakes every 5-10 minutes as part of the game. I also hear the hiss every time I log in.

I now have 358 snakes. That and a dollar will buy me a bag of chips. Not sure if I'm going to actually use the whacking license when I get it (certainly not going to buy the elite one) until I can be sure I'm not going to lose out each time I use it.

And this is how it's going to be for the next 2 weeks?
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Ok the plot thickens.

So I've been giving eggs to my friends in spurts, rather than all at once. So far only one town takes a chunk of my snakes, a few others take 5 and despite losing a few, I gained over 120 snakes on those rounds, so by paying close attention I was able to gain but it's a slow and tedious process.

Ok......so when I was giving eggs to my friends I kept noticing I was revisiting some of the same towns and I kept thinking I was going mad, because I'm concentrating if I've lost snakes or not, I wasn't looking at whose town I was in. After I came out of one town I scrolled across and entered that town, i then came out to find i was about 2 scrolls back to the left and my towns had re-shuffled, (i tried to get a screenshot but it didn't happen again, on my next visit I'll provide pics) so I gave up at this point and was up to a 820 snakes, and had 89 eggs left and decided to call it a day, When I go in to my town I was now at 850 snakes and a 101 eggs :? So this thing seems to be working both ways, you're snake count can go up or down after visiting friends, which I think is a snake bonus glitch. Most have been the latter but has anyone else yielded more snakes after playing snake roulette (formerly known as visiting friends)

Also just to provide more clues to the puzzle, I was collecting from no buildings, staying within my whacking limit (where I hadn't lost any) and left one egg for each town I visited.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I haven't lost a single snake since I've gotten my whacking license but I've had to take measures to ensure this.

I've outlined the steps before and I can't promise they will work for everybody but here we go again:

-Turn your sound on
    -Make note of the number of snakes you have before entering a town
    -If you see a bunch of snakes scurrying away? Look at your total, those snakes are probably yours
    -Go into baton mode only if you see a snake
    -Keep count of the number of snakes you whack (5 for a regular license PLUS the ones you lost when you entered the town)
    -If you go over the amount? You will be penalized
    -If you hear a hissing sound while in the town? You just lost some snakes, go get them back
    -Do not go back into that town till 24 hours later
    -Do not click on any buildings

Anyways, this is what I'm doing. Some of it is probably not needed but it's working for me, something different might work for you.

I would like to add that with the ratio of snakes to eggs combined with the fact that I do not have the time to spend hours searching for snakes? I probably won't be completing all the tasks before the event ends and I'm at peace with that, not going to spend donuts to get those items either.

Also, myself and several others have tested this and have posted it in this thread. These findings are appearing elsewhere and in multiple posts be sure to add when you do this that these are guesses and in now way are they to be taken as "a fix" or anything.

One more thing, you will discover that there are certain towns on your list that are glitchy. They will always take the same amount of snakes from you. These towns have not released Lisa on you, they have not done anything to make this happen. Just be aware when you enter that town and look for your missing snakes.
  • foxystoat1
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    I stopped visiting other towns and now I don't lose any snakes.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    foxystoat1 wrote:
    I stopped visiting other towns and now I don't lose any snakes.

However, unless you have some really loyal friends willing to give you eggs for nothing in return? Then you are never going to reach that 450 snakes a day needed to get all the tasks completed in time.

You kind of have to visit friends, you just have to figure out how to do it.

It is a social game, after all :wink:
  • stevedoolitt
    9 posts
    edited April 2013
    None of this explains the nearly 3000 I have lost woke up to another 510 gone this morning in addition to the 2300 I lost the first day after spending donuts to buy 2000
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!