EA Forums - Banner

How you are losing snakes: Explained by testing engineer

Replies

• LadyVonKrippler
    10 posts
    edited April 2013
    I have a license for 5 snakes.

I visited every one of my neighbors last night. When I visited though, I only had my licenses for 5 snakes.

I each town I only whacked 5 snakes, sometimes less, what I did is every whack I watched my numbers, if it didn't change from whacking a snake I tried one more snake, if it went up I did another, if it went down, I stopped and went on to my next neighbor.

There is a glitch of some kind though, because if with my license I was not able to get 5 (eggs or snakes) from some neighbors.

The glitch is that it doesn't count every snake you whack, I also believe they have something set up so you can not be greedy. Just my take.

I did have one neighbor where there were a lot of snake for me to whack, I believe this was a person who did the Lisa thing to me.

I have no idea if any of this is right, but my experience last night.

p.s. left 2 eggs at every neighbor, as I got below 75 eggs, I got more eggs than snakes when whacking.

Lady!
  • Pumptruffles
    30 posts
    edited April 2013
    This has to be a glitch surely?! There is no rhyme or reason to why we are losing snakes, why would they hide this in the game without giving us instructions as to how to play?!?

I visited my wife's town this morning to deliver eggs and didn't lose any snakes. Just been in there now to deliver some more and my snakes went from 564 to 549. I tapped every snake in her town and this took me back to 560. So if, like has been said, my snakes escape in to her town, where are the missing 4?!

How are we supposed to gain snakes if we lose them every time we visit people? I cannot see how this is anything but a glitch.

It doesn't help that EA don't even let us know if they are aware of this or not.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I figured it out (barring any glitches).

If you visit a town in which someone has sent Lisa to, you will lose 5 snakes for every person that has sent Lisa there, during that task's duration.
    So if you lose 10 snakes, its because 2 of the town's friends sent their Lisa tasks there.
  • ikbenremco19
    21 posts
    edited April 2013
    I Cant whack at other town and i am losing snakes when i visit aaarg kanker zooi
  • danbyization
    538 posts
    edited April 2013
    Ok have I got this right?

If you don't have the whacking licence then don't visit other people's towns then you won't lose snakes.

If you do have the whacking licence then visit people's towns and whack every snake there then you won't lose snakes and you will gain a few snakes.
  • skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited April 2013
    I think the license bit's a red herring. I have my whacking license and still lost snakes when visiting a friend. It didn't happen in every town, but in two out of ten my snake count dropped the minute I visited. Something is seriously wrong. I've now got to the stage where I leave as many eggs as snakes I've whacked when visiting friends. Hopefully by doing this nobody loses out. I also leave at least three snakes running around my town at any one time so that hopefully every one who visits can find their five.
    I don't now what the bug is, but it is not a case of get a license and all's right with the game !
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone noticed whether the towns that released their snakes on the first visit still release them (and the same number) after 24hrs? I know a few people are keeping track, and I'm curious about whether they are the same towns.

I didn't keep track of all of my towns, but one of mine that I know caused me to release snakes yesterday didn't trigger that release today.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone noticed whether the towns that released their snakes on the first visit still release them (and the same number) after 24hrs? I know a few people are keeping track, and I'm curious about whether they are the same towns.

I didn't keep track of all of my towns, but one of mine that I know caused me to release snakes yesterday didn't trigger that release today.

I'm the same, the town that took snakes from me yesterday, doesn't take them today, a new one did and I lost 40 snakes because of it, and I didn't get them back.

Has anyone noticed that their friend list reshuffles after you've been in to a town. This game is doing all kinds of crazy to me. When I enter a town I come out to Find that the town that was in the top right is now in the bottom left. Is this normal. It also scrolls across to, and friends go missing then re-appear later on.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    jaffaface wrote:

I'm the same, the town that took snakes from me yesterday, doesn't take them today, a new one did and I lost 40 snakes because of it, and I didn't get them back.

Has anyone noticed that their friend list reshuffles after you've been in to a town. This game is doing all kinds of crazy to me. When I enter a town I come out to Find that the town that was in the top right is now in the bottom left. Is this normal. It also scrolls across to, and friends go missing then re-appear later on.

I didn't notice the shuffling till you pointed it out. It's because I am keeping a list of the towns that I noticed. I will write down the four names on the screen, go into the first one and when I come back out? They are not in the same order any longer.

The towns that are taking the large numbers of snakes 15, 20, 25, 30 seem to always take the snakes. The ones that take 5, 10 are not consistent at all. After I make my third set of rounds today, I will share my findings (without naming towns).
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:

I didn't notice the shuffling till you pointed it out. It's because I am keeping a list of the towns that I noticed. I will write down the four names on the screen, go into the first one and when I come back out? They are not in the same order any longer.

The towns that are taking the large numbers of snakes 15, 20, 25, 30 seem to always take the snakes. The ones that take 5, 10 are not consistent at all. After I make my third set of rounds today, I will share my findings (without naming towns).

I think I'll do the same, I'm gonna track this over next week, help give us an accurate look at things as it's all guess work at the min. Just to discover if it's random or not. On another note I've stopped hearing the hissing and when I don't hear the hiss, their are no snakes at all.

Oh and something else I need to clarify. Whenever I reach a snake total for a prize, are those snakes meant to be deducted, because they're still in my inventory? And I have the prize on top of the snake I collected. Is this the same for everybody else.
  • Pumptruffles
    30 posts
    edited April 2013
    Lol, I love how hard you are all working at trying to figure this out. It's just a glitch, there is no reasoning to it?!

If only ea were working this hard at trying to fix it.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:

I think I'll do the same, I'm gonna track this over next week, help give us an accurate look at things as it's all guess work at the min. Just to discover if it's random or not. On another note I've stopped hearing the hissing and when I don't hear the hiss, their are no snakes at all.

Yeah, I went into 3 towns yesterday out of my 70 neighbors where I could not find a single snake. 24 hours had passed and there was not a snake anywhere to be found. Just added to the frustration because it takes so long to visit friends that I've broken it up into 3 segments that I go into throughout the day.

Somebody posted that they thought uncracked eggs in the town had something to do with the lost snakes? Not true, I've lost snakes in towns that are clear and ones that have uncracked eggs.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Lol, I love how hard you are all working at trying to figure this out. It's just a glitch, there is no reasoning to it?!

I am a clinical systems analyst and a scientist by schooling, it's in my nature to figure things out. It's all a giant puzzle and it's something to keep myself occupied because grinding for snakes is tedious.
  • Karmain
    7 posts
    edited April 2013
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9442255.page

This is my explanation for 'lost' snakes, hope it helps!
  • JessicaSayce
    136 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    So, I figured this whole mess out. When you visit other towns, pay very close attention to your snake count before entering and before leaving. Your snakes will be released in random towns and you will have to whack them all again or lose your hard earned whacks. The number ranges. I had one town where I had to whack 30+ snakes. Another one I only lost 3. Another one I lost 6. It seems to vary, but I was able to get each and every snake back. So just be careful and pay attention. Carry on, my fellow whackers.

Yes, there's definitely something in this. I have my whacking licence now. Went into quite a few towns, lost nothing but picked up a few snakes. Went into some more, lost about 5 in each, but picked up that many. Went into another one, lost 20. But picked up at least that many. Some of them were eggs of course so the snake count was still lower. I don't know what the "5 snakes per town" thing is cos I've definitely had more than that in some towns.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

I've also started tracking the towns that release snakes today. Been to about 10 so far with my main town (second round of visits with the license), and have gotten my five license snakes in all of them. My friend list also seems to be in the same order so far; that may have something to do with it.
  • spiril1212
    141 posts
    edited April 2013

Glitches aren't mysterious visitors from outer space, you know. They're a result of computer programming and so there is often a logic to them. Thanks to the work of the people on this board I'm no longer losing any snakes.

And I'm sure EA is working on it but I'd like to be able to play while I'm waiting for the fix.
  • fuzznugget77
    1010 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I've outlined the steps before and I can't promise they will work for everybody but here we go again:

-Turn your sound on
    -Make note of the number of snakes you have before entering a town
    -If you see a bunch of snakes scurrying away? Look at your total, those snakes are probably yours
    -Go into baton mode only if you see a snake
    -Keep count of the number of snakes you whack (5 for a regular license PLUS the ones you lost when you entered the town).

this works perfect for me :thumbup:
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I've outlined the steps before and I can't promise they will work for everybody but here we go again:

-Turn your sound on
    -Make note of the number of snakes you have before entering a town
    -If you see a bunch of snakes scurrying away? Look at your total, those snakes are probably yours
    -Go into baton mode only if you see a snake
    -Keep count of the number of snakes you whack (5 for a regular license PLUS the ones you lost when you entered the town).

this works perfect for me :thumbup:

I spent time tracking it yesterday (30 towns) and what I found is that the snake sound came up in all towns. I never noticed snakes scurrying away, but first thing was to check my count on entering. It was never down by more than 5, and if it was, I always (with some extra searching) was able to recover all "lost" snakes, plus my license amount. So I never lost anything, ultimately, and gained 5 per town. Snakes escaped in roughly 20% of towns.

Call this a bug, but now I'm starting to think this is an intended behavior of the game. It is annoying though, cuz some town layouts are very, shall we say, "busy" and that makes finding them all difficult.

Are the claims of losing more than 5 snakes really just in one town? And is losing amounts in one town really not in increments of 5? If one quickly jumps from town to town and doesn't pay attention and only snags the first few snakes one sees, you could lose lots cuz you aren't getting them back if any of yours escaped. After a few towns, you could drop a lot. You MUST watch your counts on entering. If it drops, get at least that many back, even if you don't want to take all that your license allows. It is a pain, as visiting 30 towns took me over an hour and a half. (Really starting to love my new neighbors that are at level 7 and 10... Very small towns. :-)

I will also say that tracking all times in/out of my own town all day, I never lost snakes either. I did come back to find my count down 5 snakes a couple times, but always found those ones, plus the number of snakes that were expected after the time period (1 snake every 8 minutes). In fact, I often found more.

I think at worst, Lisa's task "release snakes from other towns" may simply cause some of the snake from the town you pick to escape, and they might have to find them again. I just wonder how that works with the 50 snake limit, but it may be that she only would set free snakes up to that limit, and probably 5 max. It may be she doesn't even take from ones bank, only releases new snake (extra social, considering we have eggs).
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    @IronWaffle - I no longer think this is a glitch. I think you are meant to lose some snakes. Also, the snake sound comes into play more when people are already in the town and suddenly lose snakes while in it. This sound isn't fully tested because I, personally, cannot tolerate the repetitive song in this game so I keep the sound off.

I've only been tracking for 2 days so I don't consider this conclusive at all, it needs more time. However, here are my findings.

70 neighbors
    9 lost 5 snakes
    3 lost 10 snakes
    1 lost 15 snakes
    1 lost 20 snakes
    1 lost 25 snakes
    2 lost 30 snakes

I was able to recover all the snakes and so far the loss has been consistent. The same towns take the same number of snakes, I will know more today when I make my rounds again. After today, I am avoiding all the towns that are taking more than 15 snakes because I do not have the time to chase down all those snakes. It takes long enough just to find 5.

(The glitch may be in the larger number towns, I think somehow that "stuck". I also think this may have something to do with Lisa's task. Either this person has sent Lisa to your town or this person has had Lisa sent to their town that many times).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!