EA Forums - Banner

Not sure if this has been asked...

but why doesn't EA allow us to either sell items or store items that can't be sold or stored? I think that's a stupid policy. I believe that we should be able to do that because some of us need the space or don't need that item anymore. Who's with me?

Replies

• From memory there's not that many items that can't be stored, is it a particular item that is annoying you?
    Welcome to the forum, there's some fantastic information available on here.
  • Because it would be more work for them.

Unsellable are normally all the items you had to pay donuts for. If you could sell them a lot of people would accidentally sell them and want them back, resulting in work for the support. And even if they didn't accidentally sold them, some people wouldn't find a specific item in their inventory because they either already placed it or just didn't find it and then contact support because they thought they sold it. All in all it is just way easier to just make them unsellable.

Storing items: as far as I know the unstoreable items are those needed for events. Makes sense, most become storeable after the event.

I'd say it's good the way it is but a better inventory would of course be awesome.
  • The event items that are needed for the event are never storable during the event, but are usually storable after the event ends. That has been the pattern for the past couple years.

As for non event related items, there's only a few that can't be stored. The Simpson house can NEVER be stored, for obvious reasons. If you don't want to see something, just put them in a corner in Springfield heights so it will be out of the way.
  • The resource generating buildings in Springfield heights can't be stored either.

It costs a lot of money to staff customer service and technical support call centers. The costs are magnified when it's a freemium game, where the customer might not have paid any money to play the game.
  • smohqy
    2096 posts Member
    Simpsons house, lemon tree, Squidport entrance, and the seven currency generating SH buildings can't be stored. Did I miss any?
  • smohqy wrote: »
    Simpsons house, lemon tree, Squidport entrance, and the seven currency generating SH buildings can't be stored. Did I miss any?

Red blazer realty, Krustyland shuttle and Big Box store. Lemon tree can be stored.
  • smohqy wrote: »

I don't think you can store the Homerlayas mountain either.
  • I wish I could store the squidport entrance. I don't even have a port. lol...I stored 99% of my boardwalk.
    I think we should at least be able to store them. I never sold anything in the game ever. I usually just store stuff. I never sell a thing. I don't recall ever ever selling anything. If I lose track of an item most times it usually is inside my storage and I probably accidentally put it in there at some point. OR it ends up behind another item I forgot about.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • Nuke! I think everything go's away then except simpsons house.
  • daved7637397
    7228 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Chris60119 wrote: »
    Nuke! I think everything go's away then except simpsons house.

Nope. All the stuff you cant store (listed above) stays out.
    Post edited by daved7637397 on
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Also, when there's an event there's also key items that can't be stored.
  • Yes it has been asked. Now you can be sure.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."