EA Forums - Banner

What Changed With the Homerpalooza Takedown and County Fair Updates? Update: 9/20 Patch 2

Replies

• Chris60119 wrote: »
    Deep Space Homer, Crook and Ladder, Homer's Chiliad, Homer the Heretic and Rommelwood Academy are set to reactivate as classic mini events for 8 days starting September 28th if the user hasn't completed them. They're activable till October 2nd. After the end of the event, a 8 days sale on the items starts, with all the items sold again in the events present.

I'm a bit confused about some of this and so I have questions...
    - Does this mean we have 8 days total to finish up to five separate mini events? Or does this mean we have 8 days to activate the events? Either way, it doesn't seem like a lot of time.
    - Do they have to be activated and played through in any particular order?
    - Can we only finish previously incomplete mini events or will we be able to play through these events if we never participated the first time around?

I wonder if you just pick one event and go with it. Would be crazy to do all the events at once.

Well, I finished the last mini (Pride) in five days. My Heretic mini is incomplete and I haven't played Chiliad, DSH, or Crook/Ladder at all. Seems like I'd need a minimum of 15-20 days to play through them all one at a time. I guess I'm not getting the logistics of all this.
  • I guess we will find out in a couple weeks.

I guess we will find out in a couple weeks.

I don't know how it'll all work. I'm just hoping that I'll somehow get to play through them all.
    Deep Space Homer, Crook and Ladder, Homer's Chiliad, Homer the Heretic and Rommelwood Academy are set to reactivate as classic mini events for 8 days starting September 28th if the user hasn't completed them. They're activable till October 2nd. After the end of the event, a 8 days sale on the items starts, with all the items sold again in the events present.

- Does this mean we have 8 days total to finish up to five separate mini events? Or does this mean we have 8 days to activate the events? Either way, it doesn't seem like a lot of time.
    - Can we only finish previously incomplete mini events or will we be able to play through these events if we never participated the first time around?

I wonder if you just pick one event and go with it. Would be crazy to do all the events at once.

Well, I finished the last mini (Pride) in five days. My Heretic mini is incomplete and I haven't played Chiliad, DSH, or Crook/Ladder at all. Seems like I'd need a minimum of 15-20 days to play through them all one at a time. I guess I'm not getting the logistics of all this.

Not sure how it will work, but all of the events you haven't played require Homer, so I think it would be difficult to play them all at once. Hopefully once you start them you will be able to finish them without a time limit. I enjoyed all of those mini events, so I am not sure which I would choose if it came down to a choice.
  • I'm not ever sure which mini events they are so I don't know if I have them done or not. Can some one describe each one?
  • meinaz wrote: »
    Chris60119 wrote: »

Not sure how it will work, but all of the events you haven't played require Homer, so I think it would be difficult to play them all at once. Hopefully once you start them you will be able to finish them without a time limit. I enjoyed all of those mini events, so I am not sure which I would choose if it came down to a choice.

If I had to choose I'd prioritize DSH & Chiliad because of the mini games. I hope it doesn't come to that.
  • Ok I googled them. Its the chili event, firetruck event, and space shuttle event. I finished all 3 so unless something is new. I guess I'm good!
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    County fair? Don't know about that, all I see is the annoying event NPCs in the store.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    County fair? Don't know about that, all I see is the annoying event NPCs in the store.

Because it hasn't started yet.
  • johncolombo
    11382 posts Senior Moderator
    what do you mean by flying tasks no longer tappable? The annoying part was they followed you around the screen.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    what do you mean by flying tasks no longer tappable? The annoying part was they followed you around the screen.

It means as they fly across the screen you can no longer tap on them and be warped to their home base. Before if you hit one you were warped to what ever building they were using to do that task. I.E Arnie pie used channel 6 building.
  • From the Amazon download description, New Permissions Required: Power Manager Wakelocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
    Does this mean my tablet will stop going to sleep just as I reach to tap something? I can only hope...
  • So, still no premium payouts for Jazzy Goodtimes or Krusty's Opera skin?
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    wadebear wrote: »
    From the Amazon download description, New Permissions Required: Power Manager Wakelocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
    Does this mean my tablet will stop going to sleep just as I reach to tap something? I can only hope...

As far as i remember, they changed this a while back so the game allows your device to sleep when requested, it should be a simple case of changing your device settings to time out longer than it does now... I changed mine from 30s to 1min and it mostly works better for me now...

Re: classic mini games..

If it's what i think it is then a big THANK YOU to EA...

I for one have mentioned a few times that it would be nice for newer players to have a chance to get those mini games that have a chance of awarding multipliers, such as Chiliad and Rocket...

Hopefully this is what I wished for and I get a chance to own at least one of those...

And who's to say this is the only chance we'll have to do this.... but which do I choose if i had to make a choice, cauldron or rocket... hmmmm
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • so...

daily challenges is changed to normal too
    $1000 - cancel - 5 yoga mats :(
  • The Hootenanny barn pays out event currency. 6 every 4 hr.
  • As a newbie since Secret Agents, I am excited/overwhelmed by the prospect of being able to play the classic mini events!

Naturally I hope I could just do them all without a time limit but that kinda seems too good to be true!
  • tonykzr wrote: »
    so...

daily challenges is changed to normal too
    $1000 - cancel - 5 yoga mats :(

I went from 1000 cancel 5 lattes cancel 3 donuts
  • Given the timing I expect the mini events to be very challenging for newbies to push donut sales. Like if you have several mini event tasks for Homer you'll be more tempted to buy the premium characters or skins to help out.

They often do some big sale right before Major events to try and push freemium players to jump to the premium side because their donuts are depleted when all the cool major event stuff hits. This classic mini event thing seems like another one of those. Very smart on the devs part.
  • KillaSqirl wrote: »
    Given the timing I expect the mini events to be very challenging for newbies to push donut sales. Like if you have several mini event tasks for Homer you'll be more tempted to buy the premium characters or skins to help out.

They often do some big sale right before Major events to try and push freemium players to jump to the premium side because their donuts are depleted when all the cool major event stuff hits. This classic mini event thing seems like another one of those. Very smart on the devs part.

You have to be a fairly experienced newbie by all accounts... :lol: LPN has noted they won't trigger unless you're at least level 60..
    You just had to look didn't ya!...