EA Forums - Banner

What Changed With the Homerpalooza Takedown and County Fair Updates? Update: 9/20 Patch 2

Replies

• I need all of this new content.
  • infinite_jests
    298 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    September 12nd Update (4.28.5; Homerpalooza Takedown and County Fair)
    • Jammers can now perform at Rock Stage, Pop Stage and Hip-Hop Stage with the 4h job "Jam Session".

Rewards on these "Jam Sessions" are terrible 90-150 cash for four hours?
  • Snakeyees wrote: »
    what do you mean by flying tasks no longer tappable? The annoying part was they followed you around the screen.

It means as they fly across the screen you can no longer tap on them and be warped to their home base. Before if you hit one you were warped to what ever building they were using to do that task. I.E Arnie pie used channel 6 building.
    YES finally! >:D
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • I don't know if this is just me or something but I seem to be able to zoom out a LOT further than before and all the icons/text boxes are a lot smaller?
  • I hope everything from those mini events come back. I need astronaut Barney from Deep Space and the vehicle pile up from the fire department event
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I've just logged into my sandbox and a quest 'School's Out Forever Pt.1' just started..

Wasn't that the start of the Rommelwood event tasks?

Update: Well I did the first bit and then...... that's it... :confused:
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Is anyone else having a start to Rommelwood mini-event?
    I play 4 games, 2 of my wife's (is often short on time these days but has played since near the creation of the game, 1 she dumped on me and is how I ended up playing it at all, and 2 of my own creation, a main, and one I recently began [to see life knowing lots of tips I did not on the other ones]), long point shortened.

I would love to have,The Eliminator, in my new game. After reading @Dougie_Powers_17 's post I logged out, and back in to my new game but no sign of Rommelwood mini or the dialogue pop up.

New game is at level 166 ( thanks to KEMing).Also it is on iPhone, anyone know anymore about this one or the other older mini-events, besides the information mentioned in previous folks posts?

Thanks so much!
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Is anyone else having a start to Rommelwood mini-event?
    I play 4 games, 2 of my wife's (is often short on time these days but has played since near the creation of the game, 1 she dumped on me and is how I ended up playing it at all, and 2 of my own creation, a main, and one I recently began [to see life knowing lots of tips I did not on the other ones]), long point shortened.

I would love to have,The Eliminator, in my new game. After reading @Dougie_Powers_17 's post I logged out, and back in to my new game but no sign of Rommelwood mini or the dialogue pop up.

New game is at level 166 ( thanks to KEMing).Also it is on iPhone, anyone know anymore about this one or the other older mini-events, besides the information mentioned in previous folks posts?

Thanks so much!

Someone has reported here that the insanity peppers have started in their game, but I haven't seen them in either of mine, so there must be a few glitches somewhere...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Anyone able to shed any light on what causes the mini events to start? I came back to the game around a year ago having left it during Deep Space Homer, so that event kicked back in at part 4 which is where I'd left it off. I've not got any of the other returning events though. I completed Homer the Heretic and Rommelwood so am only waiting for the Chiliad and Crook and Ladder and obviously would like to complete them.
  • jaddy1874 wrote: »
    Anyone able to shed any light on what causes the mini events to start? I came back to the game around a year ago having left it during Deep Space Homer, so that event kicked back in at part 4 which is where I'd left it off. I've not got any of the other returning events though. I completed Homer the Heretic and Rommelwood so am only waiting for the Chiliad and Crook and Ladder and obviously would like to complete them.

We're supposed to be able to activate the mini events starting Sept. 28th. Some people have been experiencing little glitches relating to those minis here and there but they don't start in earnest 'til the end of the month.
  • I'm eager for the classic mini event sale to start. First thing I'm going to get is one (or more) of those inanimate carbon rod statues.
  • jaddy1874 wrote: »
    Anyone able to shed any light on what causes the mini events to start? I came back to the game around a year ago having left it during Deep Space Homer, so that event kicked back in at part 4 which is where I'd left it off. I've not got any of the other returning events though. I completed Homer the Heretic and Rommelwood so am only waiting for the Chiliad and Crook and Ladder and obviously would like to complete them.

We're supposed to be able to activate the mini events starting Sept. 28th. Some people have been experiencing little glitches relating to those minis here and there but they don't start in earnest 'til the end of the month.

Ah cool, thank you. That'll be good as I'll have Deep Space Homer and the Country Fair out of the way.
  • Luke Stetson's quest line has been fixed:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101765/luke-stetson-questline/p1
    Also appears that the bug has been fixed where players trying to buy donuts had an error message pop up 'there are no purchases to be restored'
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Why-can-I-not-buy-donuts-quot-There-are-no-purchases-to-be/td-p/6117925/page/11
    @LPNintendoITA Solomon's Temple and Rockin' Ark's tasks are now premium.
    Do you mean that the payouts on each building are now premium? (previously they paid out tickets). I read on TSTOaddicts that no character has a task at Solomon's Temple.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • I'm hoping they fix the new buildings so that character payouts are premium like they should be for the quests there during the quest line.
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    Luke Stetson's quest line has been fixed:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101765/luke-stetson-questline/p1
    Also appears that the bug has been fixed where players trying to buy donuts had an error message pop up 'there are no purchases to be restored'
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Why-can-I-not-buy-donuts-quot-There-are-no-purchases-to-be/td-p/6117925/page/11
    Do you mean that the payouts on each building are now premium? (previously they paid out tickets). I read on TSTOaddicts that no character has a task at Solomon's Temple.

the tasks there, the ones on the buildings themself.
    thanks for the other 2!
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    Luke Stetson's quest line has been fixed:

the tasks there, the ones on the buildings themself.
    thanks for the other 2!

Thanks LPN :D
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Deep Space Homer, Crook and Ladder, Homer's Chiliad, Homer the Heretic and Rommelwood Academy are set to reactivate as classic mini events for 8 days starting September 28th if the user hasn't completed them. They're activable till October 2nd. After the end of the event, a 8 days sale on the items starts, with all the items sold again in the events present.

@LPNintendoITA - looking at the change log, I saw this:

"Compare Special Events

===============================================

CHG : SpecialEvents

CHG : MuchApuAboutSomething_SpecialEvents

CHG : DSH_SpecialEvents

CHG : CrookAndLadder_SpecialEvents

CHG : HomersChiliad_SpecialEvents

CHG : SpringfieldGames_SpecialEvent"

Do you think that means that the classic mini events, might also include Much Apu About Something and Springfield Games?

Just curious. Thanks!
  • Deep Space Homer, Crook and Ladder, Homer's Chiliad, Homer the Heretic and Rommelwood Academy are set to reactivate as classic mini events for 8 days starting September 28th if the user hasn't completed them. They're activable till October 2nd. After the end of the event, a 8 days sale on the items starts, with all the items sold again in the events present.

"Compare Special Events

Do you think that means that the classic mini events, might also include Much Apu About Something and Springfield Games?

Just curious. Thanks!

Probably after the THOH takedown and before the Winter event?
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.

"Compare Special Events

Just curious. Thanks!

Seems like too much all at once! Maybe you only get to pick one? Or maybe they will be availabe on different dates?
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • Ooh. Much Apu About Something. Maybe I can get Jay and the Quick & Fresh. I missed that too.