EA Forums - Banner

Fences, roads, and shrubbery...

Just wondering why certain items that everyone could use to better decorate their Springfields aren't permanent items. Case in point, the festival fence that was sold for IGC during Homerpalooza. I tried to remember to buy up a bunch and put into storage, but I just kept forgetting. I would love it if little things like different roads and ground, fences, shrubs, etc. would just be permanent.

I'm looking at another topic where someone posted their farm area and they used some criss-cross wooden fences. It looks great. I can't find it in the store... was it a premium item? I thought it was from the Old West event, but I could be wrong.

Just thinking about lots of great stuff we could do to decorate and organize areas of our towns...

Replies

• rw228
    1055 posts Member
    Totally agree
  • ...Oh my...
  • I bought maybe 150 of those festival fences, but was really surprised when they were taken away after the event. They were the only items from the Homerpalooza that not only had a blue "new" tag, but also had no expiry date. All other decorations, buildings and characters said they were be gone in X days, but the fences did not.

So yes it is ridiculous these items arent permanent, especially when suggested otherwise.
  • Everything they offer that is purchased with cash should stay after the event. Please EA if your reading this then make it happen. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Yeah, I'm hoping that I can get the medieval fence and gate they had during the previous THOH during the upcoming event because I think it would look good with Burns' mansion. Better than the standard black iron fence anyway.

If Tapped Out doesn't want to make the little stuff permanent, the least they could do is have some sort of semi-annual "home improvement sale" where all the little fences, walls, nature stuff that was either craftable or sold for cash would go on sale all at once.
  • Also...

Because I have the maturity level of a toddler, after all these years when someone mentions the word "shrubbery" I still instantly think of this guy...
    tumblr_nkwua5dtIY1u0k6deo2_250.gif
  • liamchandler
    543 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    We are no longer the knights who say ni

*today I learned n.i is a cuss
  • ...Oh my...

Win.
  • Also...

Because I have the maturity level of a toddler, after all these years when someone mentions the word "shrubbery" I still instantly think of this guy...

And win.
  • The one thing I need more than any other thing is single parking spaces.
  • Also...

Thank you. I though I'd be the only one who had this image conjure up when I read the thread title.

• If Tapped Out doesn't want to make the little stuff permanent, the least they could do is have some sort of semi-annual "home improvement sale" where all the little fences, walls, nature stuff that was either craftable or sold for cash would go on sale all at once.

That is a fantastic idea.

• psycho1189 wrote: »
    Also...

Thank you. I though I'd be the only one who had this image conjure up when I read the thread title.

Me three. It's just a flesh wound...
  • JJHLH1 wrote: »

If Tapped Out doesn't want to make the little stuff permanent, the least they could do is have some sort of semi-annual "home improvement sale" where all the little fences, walls, nature stuff that was either craftable or sold for cash would go on sale all at once.

That is a fantastic idea.

Allow me to expand on that idea, the first part is as you have said.
    The second involves Ray Magini the Contractor, obtaining Contract Licenses and House/Building Skins.
    16-16.png

Also have a Wilson Fence just for giggles.
    vlcsnap-00040.jpg
    POBhwHm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Ray Magini would be a nice addition. Maybe then someone will have a task at Mom & Pop Hardware.
  • rw228
    1055 posts Member
    It would be great if they sold generators for all the old fences and bushes similar to the corn/wheat/plow fields, Great Wall, and crosswalks.
    They could even sale several generators for assorted old walls and bushes for donuts. Then the generating costs would be IGC once you owned the generator.