EA Forums - Banner

Is it possible?

I didn't have time to ask this during the event but ......
If Maggie and "Rockstar Maggie" (from the future) are performing on the pop stage, in the same jam session.... isn't this a time paradox?❓

But I bet there's nobody here who knows about time-travel

:)

Replies

• My future self told me that it is ok, but my past self said that it would cause a paradox and it should be avoided. I am not sure if I should trust myself.
  • Lee3472 wrote: »
    If Maggie and "Rockstar Maggie" (from the future) are performing on the pop stage, in the same jam session.... isn't this a time paradox?❓

It's only a paradox if you subscribe to the linear theory of time travel.

If future Maggie has travelled back to the present day.......how can the future happen, when it's not complete, because one person is missing ?

Will it alter the future that "baby Maggie" sees her future self ?

Lee3472 wrote: »

If future Maggie has travelled back to the present day.......how can the future happen, when it's not complete, because one person is missing ?

With all of the different Simpson "futures" one would have to believe they're all from different timelines which would negate that issue.
  • time-travel-paradox.jpg

Maggie and Rockstar Maggie performing together is a fixed point in time. Had I had time, for the contest they would have performed the hit song "Hey you're me" by the band "The Dr.s Who" Its like their other hit "River Song"
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Nope. No paradox or causality violation. Rockstar Maggie is from the future. She traveled to the present. She's the grown up version of Baby Maggie, so when Baby Maggie grows up and becomes Rockstar Maggie she travels to the past.
    Assuming Rockstar Maggie is 19 or 20 years old (who really knows, I mean really - Baby Maggie has been a baby for what? 27 years?) she has 17 or 18 years to return to the future before it becomes the present.
    Then there's the whole issue of Springfield apparently existing is a pocket universe...

Meeting her future self might be the reason she became a rock star in the first place. In that case future Maggie going back to meet past/present Maggie would be a part of a history that would have to happen to make Maggie a rock star that could go back in time to make sure Maggie became a rock star, thus preserving the integrity of the entire space/time continuum.

Really?
    That's like my unofficial major, second only to Megalomania and attempts at becoming an evil scientist who's trying to take over the world.

Let's start with the Simpsons CANON, as any true fan will tell you, things change to got the plot, with Rockstar Maggie and that future Timeline becoming more set in recent years.

However!
    More than one timeline exists, Homer was in Grunge Band in the early 90s while working at a laser tag place. He then created the Be Sharps while around the same time this time working at the nuclear plant, his kids were born (Lisa and Bart) and no mention of this is further made. During an interview with Declan Desmond we find out he was in a one man band while working selling manure out of his car (yeah...) Once again, time line isn't exact, however around this time Disco Stu is born (he is very important to this Temporal Displacement Anomaly).

Let us move forward,
    Maggie's futures include:
    Rebellious Maggie
    lisaswedding9.png
    From Lisa's wedding.

Maggie becomes a mother in Bart's Future

With Maggie becoming a Rockstar in recent future episodes.

One might theorize that the first tow don't count since they were "visions of the future" however Trump is President or was in Bart's Future, leading Lisa Simpson to become President after him (in other words anything IS possible, and the Simpsons are aware of this.)

Having stated that:
    Both Maggie's don't speak, it has become a character trait that has remained consistent, because of this it is highly viable for them to meet each other, not talk, not pass any information, and having "Young Maggie" shake it off as meeting a relative or simply forgetting it.

No actually change to the past would be made, theoretically of course, we still have the stadium and both future siblings, something that is more annoying.

See, a possibility does occur in which tampering with the timeline will divert the future into a new outcome, diverting Maggie to becoming one of her other "forms".

Looking at Bart and Lisa:
    If Lisa becomes president, Maggie becomes a mother and Bart becomes a deadbeat living with Ralph, no mention of children is stated.

If Lisa tries to marry, Milhouse works at the power plant and Bart runs how own demolition company, once again no children mentioned (either sides). At some point Rock Star Maggie won't appear unless specific checkpoints are met.

While this is merely conjecture, as it is possible for her to become Rockstar Maggie regardless, the affect really is seen in her siblings their children and marriages or lack there of.

The possibility of diverging the timeline on to anon Rockstar Maggie timeline is possible although unlikely and the ones truly affected will be Bart and Lisa, as regardless of what occurs Maggie Jr. Will always be born.

Simply stated, your not thinking 4th Dimensionally.

youre-just-not-thinking-fourth-dimensionally.jpg
  • Maggie doesn't speak so the producers can save money on the voice actress and royalties. LOL
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited September 2017

huh? Regular maggie could jam? I apparently didn't see her on the list of people that could o_o that would have been weird for sure. Because it would have made no sense what so ever since she's a sodding toddler that couldn't possibly hold anything heavier than a "gun"....you see what I did there? ;)

PS. I've ALWAYS wanted Rebellious Maggie in this game...since thats the only future maggie that I liked and knew about.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • 1pillform wrote: »

huh? Regular maggie could jam? I apparently didn't see her on the list of people that could o_o that would have been weird for sure. Because it would have made no sense what so ever since she's a sodding toddler that couldn't possibly hold anything heavier than a "gun"....you see what I did there? ;)

PS. I've ALWAYS wanted Rebellious Maggie in this game...since thats the only future maggie that I liked and knew about.

Same, she's got that 90s look down, oddly enough that look is coming back, but people call it retro now.
    Your momma's retro.
    Me and my posse are going to surf the web, to the MAX and their is nothing you can do to Ztop UZ!
  • Been a while since I've read them (and I only understand about half of it) General Relitivity precludes backwards time travel.
    However if Rock Star Maggie has got herself a Tachyon Powered Time Device then we're into Special Relitivity and its possible.
  • johncolombo
    11579 posts Senior Moderator
    String theory?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ