EA Forums - Banner

Update from 9/19?

Replies

• Unless it’s uodating for iOS 11. I know it would be App Store but it’s the only thing I can think of
  • Went in to play, a bunch of things have re-set. Was trying to do the recycle game to get 5 donuts. Not working. My ability to grab items in a large radius, not working. Homer has an exclamation point by his head, I tap of it, doesn't do anything.
  • Homer has reverted to wanting to do a "pie quest." Fatov went from a 4 hour "exercise" that got me money and XP to a 3 hour "exercise" that got me a ribbon. Used to be that you could just tap on the character and you would go to them - not any more. What's up?
  • Homer has reverted to wanting to do a "pie quest." Fatov went from a 4 hour "exercise" that got me money and XP to a 3 hour "exercise" that got me a ribbon. Used to be that you could just tap on the character and you would go to them - not any more. What's up?

I seem to be playing the game fine, if you could possibly post more details as to how you're playing the game (Which device you're using etc) then someone may be able to help..

You could try force closing the app and restarting your device, or failing that, make sure you're on a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection and remove the game altogether, restart device and re-download, see if that helps..

If all else fails, then you could try contacting EA direct..

Sorry I can't be of more assistance
  • Managed to grab this if it's any use...
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-20-16-36.png

At least it gives some numbers to work on...

I had this HUGE update a few days ago on my Samsung Galaxy 7. It allows you to zoom right out on your town and your neighbours towns. I thought it was just device specific because I hadn't seen any other reports.. .

Perhaps they are rolling it out gradually?
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2326 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I have a Galaxy Ace 4 which I normally use to play the game, then I upgraded to a Galaxy J3 but continued to use my old phone, anyway, I have TSTO installed on the J3 and had noticed that I could see more of the town than on my Ace 4...(which doesn't seem to be able to zoom out any further than before) So I've just gone and looked and it seems like I can zoom out more than I used too on the J3, but not 100% sure as I hardly used it and it may just be because I've switched from one device straight to another... a bit like buying a kitten and then suddenly realising just how HUGE the last kitten you bought has gotten....
  • The zoom out is noticeable I can assure you!

Not the entire town but certainly 5 times more than I could before. The icons have turned smaller too. :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • johncolombo
    11634 posts Senior Moderator
    could it have to do with the release of iOS 11 today? Did everyone get an update or just iphone people?
    Anyone play the game yet on iOS 11?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • could it have to do with the release of iOS 11 today? Did everyone get an update or just iphone people?

Good call. I bet you're right. I've yet to update it.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • could it have to do with the release of iOS 11 today? Did everyone get an update or just iphone people?

Good call. I bet you're right. I've yet to update it.

As stated above, both my devices are Android-Samsung

My Amazon tablet and my Android phone were updated.
  • I got it on my pad as well

I seem to be playing the game fine, if you could possibly post more details as to how you're playing the game (Which device you're using etc) then someone may be able to help..

You could try force closing the app and restarting your device, or failing that, make sure you're on a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection and remove the game altogether, restart device and re-download, see if that helps..

If all else fails, then you could try contacting EA direct..

Sorry I can't be of more assistance

Thanks for trying to help.

Android phone (7?). Have done the "force closing the app" and "restarting." I've contacted EA and they're supposed to call me soon. Also "logged off" and when I attempted to log back on it said I needed to "shut down my other device as it "hadn't saved my progress."

Waiting to hear back from EA Sports before I continue.

Thanks again.
  • johncolombo
    @Dougie_Powers_17 Ooops, sorry I missed that part, maybe EA was being kind and giving ios11 updates to everyone? ;)
  • @johncolombo that’s what I thought but normally iOS update are Store updates. I’ve just had a quick play and it seems the same.
  • johncolombo
    well this is curious then. Maybe they fixed one of those broken 8 hour tasks I saw in another thread?
  • well this is curious then. Maybe they fixed one of those broken 8 hour tasks I saw in another thread?

I'm hoping it fixed Tuxedo Krusty's 12 and 24 hour jobs.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2326 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @Dougie_Powers_17 Ooops, sorry I missed that part, maybe EA was being kind and giving ios11 updates to everyone? ;)

You know... I would actually believe that, albeit unintentional, maybe it should've only been for Apple users but someone ticked the 'Send to all' box by accident...

And don't worry, I've sometimes missed posts in fast moving threads... I bet by the time I've replied to this theres about four more posts between me and @pepsimax1984

EDIT: Ok maybe not four....:lol: ... just gonna check Skinner.... Nope, still missing his 8hr, but I am in the middle of the Declan Desmond task

I’ve been playing on iOS 11 beta for the past couple of months or so. It’s been fine, maybe a little slow. I’d like to think it’ll play more smoothly now. But I don’t think that’s what the update was about.

Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • It may just be coincidence or too early to know for sure, but I’ve been having terrible texture-glitch problems since the Homerpalooza update and it is now SIGNIFICANTLY better since the update this afternoon.