EA Forums - Banner

Losing snakes as fast as I tap them

It's an ongoing problem with about a hundred threads on it. I've lost snakes in the load time between moving from my friends screen back to my own town.

I don't visit my friends much since I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to earn snakes just to end up with the same amount or worse less than when I started....I visit a few mostly to drop eggs (i got too many), but I pretty much just keep my whacking to my own town, with that and a few logs/trunks, it's going okay.

Replies

• TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I've read the threads. I've had problems before, but it's hung on this number when I visit. It's like it resets.

For example, if I don't tap on any snakes in my town, visit 10 neighbors, I'll have exactly the same number of snakes as when I started.

I'm sorry if I started a new thread about the same old topic. I thought being stuck on a number was weird. Oh well. I guess whacking day isn't as much fun for me as I thought.

Thanks for reading and answering.

• greig81
    18 posts
    edited April 2013
    3 day ago my first friends town I visited I lost 100 snakes and yesterday the first I lost 80 do today I'm staying clear and just trying to pick up as much as possible from my own town
  • N-gameriD
    31 posts
    edited April 2013
    same here, while i was whacking, i saw my snake count go down, instead of up. I tought there would be an update/ fix.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited April 2013
    I lose 3-20 snakes in some towns but it doesn't bother me much... Now the fact that every morning I'm missing at least 50 that's infuriating!
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited April 2013
    Sorry to bring up more about this, but I guess I'm still confused. I just did my daily vandalizing on the rest of my neighbors. I didn't collect any snakes from them. When I returned to my town, I'd lost nearly 100 snakes.

So does this mean I can't visit neighbors at all?

I really appreciate help, and I hope I haven't overlooked the answer to this elsewhere.
  • njebei
    41 posts
    edited April 2013
    I decided to try again this morning ... I started with 1000 snakes (balance beam yay!).

First town --- found 4 with one egg. 1003
    Second town --- found 5 with one egg. 1007
    Third town --- lost 10, found 13 with 4 eggs. 1006
    Fourth town --- lost 30, found 33 with 9 eggs, 1000

At that point, I looked at the clock and saw I'd spent over 30 minutes to get back to were I started. I quit going to my friends places as it just not worth the effort. Maybe I'll feel different tomorrow (or later today) but right now I'm going to be happy with what ever can get from the snakes in my town.
  • njebei
    41 posts
    edited April 2013
    I just did my daily vandalizing on the rest of my neighbors. I didn't collect any snakes from them. When I returned to my town, I'd lost nearly 100 snakes.

So does this mean I can't visit neighbors at all?

You lose snakes as soon as you enter their town so the answer is no unless you want to collect snakes or don't mind losing them.
  • Nogard0
    65 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I read the whacking day faq about snakes ... it looks like you need a license to keep the snakes which is maybe 400 snakes before you can keep them .... or it is the expert license allows you to keep more or something.
  • Nogard0
    65 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    from the whacking faq on losing snakes

1. On some of your friend visits, snakes are released from your inventory. These snakes are able to be tapped in your friends town, in addition to the 5 or 10 snakes from your License. If you don't have a License, you may want to wait on visiting friends because you will end up losing Snakes without the ability to recollect them. Keep track of how many snakes you "lose"; there will be that many "extra" snakes for you to Whack. If you "lose" Snakes entering a town once, you will "lose" Snakes if you re-enter, so Whack all those Snakes in one visit!
  • iarechanelle
    237 posts
    edited April 2013
    I thought the issue had been rectified? I'm not losing any must be lucky :/
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.