EA Forums - Banner

Is the monorail crafting now endless?

Replies

• schneyer wrote: »
    I really hope it gets fixed, having to do this over and over, when I don’t even need the tracks, is annoying.
    Uh... If you don't want to do it, just stop. Nobody's making you continue but you.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    schneyer wrote: »
    I really hope it gets fixed, having to do this over and over, when I don’t even need the tracks, is annoying.
    Uh... If you don't want to do it, just stop. Nobody's making you continue but you.

AGREE! :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

I’m sure this has been pointed out before, but, y’know, you don’t have to do it all. Take control! :)

And not to mention all the free Donuts you can earn. It's really a nuisance.

But seriously; I'm glad it's endless now. Not for me, but a buddy of me is really into this Monorail stuff and always short on Donuts. He's not the type to do KEM farming, even though I tried to convince him a lot of times already. So I think it's a good thing for a lot of people and EA should definetly keep it like this.
  • rw228
    1047 posts Member
    I think it’s great because now I can expand my mini rail any time I wish. I don’t have to bank track pieces because I can earn them any time as opposed to getting a few pieces then having to wait a week, get a few pieces and then wait a week. That was terrible. This is a great change.
  • I KEM farm so for months now I only get tracks from Little Lisa’s, which have been plenty for me. I prefer this low-key method and without the reset I’m on the earn-3 tracks (usually I just make it to 2 before the reset).
  • Ever since the monorail began, I have done the recycling jobs every single week even when I no longer needed tracks. It became a sort of addiction for me. I got a sense of accomplishment when I completed it for the week. Now that it is endless, I am no longer compelled to do this anymore. It took the fun out of it because I enjoyed sending and watching the recyclers scurry about doing their jobs and stocking up for the next week. I no longer feel the the compulsion to do this anymore because I don't need more tracks and there are easier eays to earn donuts. Glad the monkey is off my back. Also it will help newer players get more tracks and donuts. I'm done with it unless I am really, really bored.
  • empathy77
    4185 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I have been wondering this myself, after every completion, it resets. not that I mind the donuts...
    I probably have enough tracks at this point to fill up the entire land map.
    i should nuke and just put down tracks to see if thats true.
  • I gave up doing this a long time ago... but I am happy I get the occasional 5 donuts pop up on screen from just collecting from the little Lisa recycling plant :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I got Little Lisa's plant just last month so this is working great for me. I just collect the blueprints from that and don't have to worry about having characters free. I don't know if this is permanent or just for the event, but I'm enjoying it while it's here.

It's the monorail crafting that never ends! lol

We're getting a donut bonus for the endless crafting. Why would you want it to stop?
  • I dont KEM farm so this is great for me, more donuts!
  • johncolombo
    11299 posts Senior Moderator
    Mine is endless but there are no donuts. :/
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Mine is endless but there are no donuts. :/

What? Is this true? I haven't touched rail yard since 2x week. Are you saying you don't get 5 donuts every time now?

I’ve assumed I’ve been receiving donuts, but to be honest I haven’t checked to make sure.

• mystery2mi wrote: »
    Ever since the monorail began, I have done the recycling jobs every single week even when I no longer needed tracks. It became a sort of addiction for me. I got a sense of accomplishment when I completed it for the week. Now that it is endless, I am no longer compelled to do this anymore. It took the fun out of it because I enjoyed sending and watching the recyclers scurry about doing their jobs and stocking up for the next week. I no longer feel the the compulsion to do this anymore because I don't need more tracks and there are easier eays to earn donuts. Glad the monkey is off my back. Also it will help newer players get more tracks and donuts. I'm done with it unless I am really, really bored.

Ditto. I have exactly the same feeling about it. You summed it up perfectly.
  • It's even worse when you just get metal Large projects over and over and over. It's tedious popping in every hour or so to gather another 90 or so metal , eventually earning 160 or whatever, only to have the new Large project require another 160+ metal. But you grind through and get your donuts, only to encounter another string of metal projects.

Having pizza once a week is fun and something to look forward to. Working at a pizza place and having unlimited access to free pizza will take away your joy of pizza.
  • It's even worse when you just get metal Large projects over and over and over. It's tedious popping in every hour or so to gather another 90 or so metal , eventually earning 160 or whatever, only to have the new Large project require another 160+ metal. But you grind through and get your donuts, only to encounter another string of metal projects.

Having pizza once a week is fun and something to look forward to. Working at a pizza place and having unlimited access to free pizza will take away your joy of pizza.
    There speaks the voice of pizza experience

what what what?! I'm getting 5 each time.
  • bkopp1 wrote: »
    mystery2mi wrote: »
    Ever since the monorail began, I have done the recycling jobs every single week even when I no longer needed tracks. It became a sort of addiction for me. I got a sense of accomplishment when I completed it for the week. Now that it is endless, I am no longer compelled to do this anymore. It took the fun out of it because I enjoyed sending and watching the recyclers scurry about doing their jobs and stocking up for the next week. I no longer feel the the compulsion to do this anymore because I don't need more tracks and there are easier eays to earn donuts. Glad the monkey is off my back. Also it will help newer players get more tracks and donuts. I'm done with it unless I am really, really bored.

Ditto. I have exactly the same feeling about it. You summed it up perfectly.

Funny, Im kinda the opposite, but similar. I stopped a while ago but for some odd reason felt compelled to start again when it became endless. After about 8 or so times through, I had enough once again and stopped. Now I just let Little Lisa do all the work!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.