EA Forums - Banner

What's the most snakes you can have loose in your town?!

I thought it was 50, but I've just done my morning whacking and counted 64?

Does that including eggs that you cracked ? Cause the cap you can have loose in town is indeed 50 but that excluding the eggs, if you have 50 snakes loose in town you can't crack any eggs until you whack some the snakes loose in town

Replies

• mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    It's 100. Not 50.
  • Pumptruffles
    30 posts
    edited April 2013
    No eggs cracked and no logs or rocks released!

If it's 100 then that explains it!
  • Pumptruffles
    30 posts
    edited April 2013
    Although if it's 100 how come I can't crack eggs until I've whacked snakes?
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I think it is 50. This morning I was going to crack open an egg and was told I couldn't because too many snakes were loose. I counted a little short of 50 after whacking the ones I could see after which I was allowed to open my eggs.
  • Pumptruffles
    30 posts
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, weird. Maybe if you have a high bonus percentage it lets you have more snakes loose?!

My wife delivered me a load of eggs yesterday and ended up with -1 egg left. Strange things are happening.
  • mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Its definitely, 100% certain that its exactly 100.

I have an alt account that I've revisited purely to give my main account eggs. I can go 12 hours without checking in to it, and when I do and wack all the loose snakes, my total eggs and snakes increase is 100 (e.g. 70 more snakes and 30 more eggs).

So I can say with total certainty that its 100.
  • alexbish1
    15 posts
    edited April 2013
    Its meant to be 50 im sure? They might have increased it to make up for lost snakes?
  • vitorcr1999
    332 posts
    edited April 2013
    70 snakes.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, weird. Maybe if you have a high bonus percentage it lets you have more snakes loose?!

My wife delivered me a load of eggs yesterday and ended up with -1 egg left. Strange things are happening.

My bonus percentage is about 100...
  • mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    I've read in another thread that 50 snakes is the maximum number that can be loose around your town so after 400 minutes, snakes stop appearing in your town. HOWEVER, what seems to happen is if you don't log into your town until after the 400 minutes, the game keeps count of how long after the 400 minutes you log in, and after you've whacked a snake, keeps respawning one snake for every 8 minutes over the 400 minute limit that you didn't enter your town.

I've never let my snakes accrue for more than six hours, so Matt's findings that there's an upper limit of 100 snakes doesn't surprise me - otherwise you could just buy four snake logs during the first day of the Whacking Day update and not go back into your town until the day before the update ends, go on a major whacking session and get every prize for a couple of hours work at the most. With the upper limit, you've got to play the game daily to have a good chance of getting all the prizes.
    That makes perfect sense - some of those snakes definitely do feel like they come out of nowhere.

If I didn't have the alt account I wouldn't have found this out. :)
  • Grabber28TS
    5 posts
    edited April 2013

I think it depends on how many friends you have. I lost over 150 snakes in one day, not funny...
  • vvinzent
    173 posts
    edited April 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    I've read in another thread that 50 snakes is the maximum number that can be loose around your town so after 400 minutes, snakes stop appearing in your town. HOWEVER, what seems to happen is if you don't log into your town until after the 400 minutes, the game keeps count of how long after the 400 minutes you log in, and after you've whacked a snake, keeps respawning one snake for every 8 minutes over the 400 minute limit that you didn't enter your town.

I've never let my snakes accrue for more than six hours, so Matt's findings that there's an upper limit of 100 snakes doesn't surprise me - otherwise you could just buy four snake logs during the first day of the Whacking Day update and not go back into your town until the day before the update ends, go on a major whacking session and get every prize for a couple of hours work at the most. With the upper limit, you've got to play the game daily to have a good chance of getting all the prizes.

i think i'm going full * here, but seriously don't understand what you're trying to explain, can you explain it more simple like with example please :(
  • spiril1212
    141 posts
    edited April 2013
    vvinzent wrote:
    cl891 wrote:

i think i'm going full * here, but seriously don't understand what you're trying to explain, can you explain it more simple like with example please :(

I've noticed that if my town is allready full of snakes, then every time I tap a snake there's a hissing sound as when a new snake is spawned. This will happen for every snake I whack for a while, I guess until the game has spawned the number of snakes I was 'owed', and I'll end up with a total of snakes/eggs greater than 50.
    Did this help?
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    50 snakes at a time.
    If you didn't visit for more than 400 minutes, every snake whacked another will release so you don't lose any, up to a point. Haven't tried, but a 100 snake (800 minute) limit makes sense. Can't stay away that long, can you?

Rocks, stumps, trunks have nothing to do with those limits. They won't release snakes until you tap them, and they won't build up double snakes if you wait for 8 hours instead of the normal 4. Just like any buildings.

Now, if only snakes from rocks, etc. would by multiplied by bonus like $ and XP.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    It is definitely not 100. I think it is 70 as It wont let me release more than 2 logs at once(30 per log). I try and get all the visible snakes running around my town then release 2 logs at once with my speakers down very close to my logs. I have a pretty high bonus also so that is not a factor.
  • vvinzent
    173 posts
    edited April 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    spiril1212 wrote:
    I've noticed that if my town is allready full of snakes, then every time I tap a snake there's a hissing sound as when a new snake is spawned. This will happen for every snake I whack for a while, I guess until the game has spawned the number of snakes I was 'owed', and I'll end up with a total of snakes/eggs greater than 50.
    Did this help?
    This is a clearer version of what I was trying to say. Thanks Spiril. :) :thumbup:

i actually understand this :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.