EA Forums - Banner

The most boring THOH so far

Prev1
Seriously, this tops the cake. I hate this utterly boring neighbor interaction mechanism ... go to neighbor, find waldo, tap and maybe get some event currency. The neighbor gets nothing from your visit. There's nothing the neighbor sees to indicate they were visited by someone. Are my neighbors visiting me during this event? Don't know, can't tell, get nothing from it.

This is worse than last event's lawyer drops which was quite boring as well.

EA needs to bring back the FUN like in some of the earlier THOHs and Whacking Day ... dropping scads of eggs that hatch into creatures, things like that.

So far this event there's nothing fun or meaningful or entertaining to do ... send kids to 'capture' a monster. Four hour jobs so they're tied up not earning currency or xp just to chip away at a monster that doesn't even do anything. There is nothing else going on. Boring.

40 days to grind through this event for what? Most of the craftables are repeats from last year. Boring. Character quest lines with dialog that you exhaust within 2 days so that you lose the entire thread of whatever story they concocted long before you come close to finishing Act 1. So I will have no flippin idea what is supposed to be going on when Act 2 starts ... same effect going into Act 3. Dull and boring grinding for 6 weeks ...

EA you're killing me. Stop with the long boring grinds. Get back to the formats of the early events. Stop with the multiple Acts, or at least make every Act no more than 5 days.

Replies

• Boohoo
  • Lawyers was the worst notification spree I ever got in this game. Lawyers would disappear untapped and more could be dropped which lead to hourly dumb notifications.
  • Bring back something like drop eggs from whacking day where you could draw and word thing in neighbours town, now that was fun for visits.
    I NUKED my main town. >:)
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Bring back something like drop eggs from whacking day where you could draw and word thing in neighbours town, now that was fun for visits.

I loved that. Why don't they repeat any of the good stuff?!?
  • Castiel_Touk
    4740 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    My favourite was to drop Christmas presents into people towns which had a nice tone to it and it felt so rewarding to do that and was a lot of fun to do neighbour visits back then. Can't remember which year that was, either the 1st or 2nd or 3rd year of the Christmas event.
    Probably all the people who did all that stuff back then got fired or even quit and now they just have lazy ones in now who don't know the meaning of fun. :joy:
    I NUKED my main town. >:)
  • I agree with dropping resources in other neighbours' towns, but searching for specific characters in your town or your neighbours' is the pits. Takes way too long, and the layout of some towns makes this very difficult.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    I agree, this Haloween does nothing for neighbour visits.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • It also does nothing for my own town. Thankfully they removed the cooldown on the railyard so I can just do that while I wait 40 days for this crappy event to be over. I don't want any of the decorations or characters.

I really wish I could disable that black border from around the screen which is somehow supposed to be making this lame event feel "spooky".

Awful.
  • Yeah, I don't get it. It's not a good one.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I too want rid of the black border. It's doing my head in!

But I like this event. It is easy peasy lemon squeezy... :)

Leaves a load of time to do design, earn cash from tasks to make bonuts from farming to buy more stuff to design with.

Hey it's not how I imagined Halloween should be as I love scary stuff but come on there is a load of new content in this update as well as stuff for the newer players. Thanks EA <3
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    I do agree that the friend visit mechanics have been lacking for a long time now. I wish they'd be mutually benifical and also have prizes associated.
  • I think this really depends on how long you've been playing the game. The initial THOH events were epic. They were classic Simpsons and were really Halloween-y. This is.....a lame-**** Harry Potter joke which is 5 years too late and a recycle of old items.
  • Ah yes the dropping presents in our neighbours towns was great fun, and hunting for them in our towns was good too.

But then there was the other end of the scale with the eggs from the wacking day event - that drove many of us nuts.

The community prizes were really good though, where we all got rewarded for everyone's efforts playing the game. We're still getting some excellent new buildings and items but the devs only seem interested in making them available for donuts rather than earning them.
  • I'm Surprised by how short the story was. I'm hoping we're going to get more in Act 2 and 3, maybe boss fights or something.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2326 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I too want rid of the black border. It's doing my head in!

But I like this event. It is easy peasy lemon squeezy... :)

Leaves a load of time to do design, earn cash from tasks to make bonuts from farming to buy more stuff to design with.

Hey it's not how I imagined Halloween should be as I love scary stuff but come on there is a load of new content in this update as well as stuff for the newer players. Thanks EA <3

^^This

Now I'll be blunt, I have not been a fan of the three act, 42 day events and have regularly moaned of event fatigue, having to work out all the different dynamics and what needs to be done to get the best possible return and so on...

So this event for me, seems like a good, easy going one... It doesn't seem to be to hard to achieve the final prize in Act 1 and I only have three people tied up in the event, all the rest can continue to earn IGC and XP, work the rail yard, craft SH currencies, even though I've been working long shifts and haven't had time to concentrate on my game, I'm almost halfway to the last prize with some 10 days to go...(4484/10200 at time of posting)

Yes, I would like something more Hallowe'en style, this is only my second one, but last years monsters were confusing at best, let alone all the other things I needed to do, the crafting seems a little lame, but I've noticed a downward spiral on this for the last few events, I was lucky to be able to craft income earning buildings during the Sci-Fi and THoH events last year, however, it does give people the opportunity to get things they may have missed out on last year, there's nothing much in it for me, but I usually end up with an inventory clogged up with craftables that I doubt I'll ever use because I didn't want to waste crafting resources on simply pressing the level up button, so I'll still end up with a thousand walls or something...

How many times have people moaned about events being too hard, needing time to do other things, having so many characters tied up in events to the detriment of other aspects of the game...

Maybe this is EA listening and trying to help.. by giving us a nice easy event to sort out our towns and do what we need to do in preparation for the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Winter season of events

You can't please all of the people all of the time, so the old saying goes...

I will agree with the neighbour thing though.... even simply adding a 'find' button that you could use in other towns would make it 1,000x more bearable... but at least when you're lazy like me, you can avoid them altogether for ten days in a row without anyone knowing and just catch up by getting an occasional lucky swap out on a daily challenge...
  • It's not a matter of difficulty or ease, it's a special event people look forward to, and it s*cks.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    It's not a matter of difficulty or ease, it's a special event people look forward to, and it s*cks.

Fair enough :smile:
  • This event is beyond boring. Past events, I’ve spent donuts and completed everything.

I don’t care if I complete anything for this one. It’s awful.

They’re just releasing the same event over and over, just changing the theme.
  • jordomac24 wrote: »
    This event is beyond boring. Past events, I’ve spent donuts and completed everything.

I don’t care if I complete anything for this one. It’s awful.

They’re just releasing the same event over and over, just changing the theme.

Completely agree. I’m only really invested in the premium stuff that will be coming in the next few weeks. The prizeline is incredibly sucky, and most of the craftable items “you cannot have more than one of this item” before even unlocked so.
  • Simpsonare wrote: »
    Lawyers was the worst notification spree I ever got in this game. Lawyers would disappear untapped and more could be dropped which lead to hourly dumb notifications.

Yeah, lawyers were in a category of failure all by themselves. No comparison.