EA Forums - Banner

This is a good event. Why all the hate?

Prev13456
stingray1122
8717 posts Member
edited October 2017
I've been seeing I lot of unwarranted hate for this event and it just started a couple of days ago. Now I'll admit I miss the lack of trick and treating, the green rivers and the cartable items stink  However we've had some good content in this event. We're finally getting the House of Evil Shopkeeper and Angelica Button is brilliantly voiced with fun visual tasks. The monster battle animations are well done and you have the ability to buy a Magic Scratch-R with a jackpot of 2400 donuts! Not to mention we're only in act one and EA could have some good surprises on tap that they're hiding.

Replies

• I really hate the hate.
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    They have nothing else to do but complain about a free event. All I read is blah wa wa blah. NOBODY IS FORCING THEM TO PLAY.

One would think with all the crap going on in the world they would direct their hate some place else.

Wish we could have a subforum for complaints, that way the people who like the game wouldn't have to see all the negative complaint threads.
  • Well if you check LPNs general spoilers you do know some nice surprises await us.

However Angelica Button is just a British Lisa, so meh at best fromage. Would prefer a Canadian Milhouse.

We've had other special scratchers before as well, so that's not really a redeeming quality as much as an extra perk.

EA might surprise us yes, but frankly, I'd rather be dumbfounded. This year boasted some really good events from:
    Destination Springfield
    Secret Agents
    Time Traveling Toaster
    Homerpaloza
    County Fair

So when this event came up, I believe many have been let down. Which is alright, my theory is this Xmas should be better, I'm guessing Grumple will make a return (maybe Penguins, wouldn't count on it), maybe Don Brodka(?) Probably not Just Stamp the Ticket Guy (but it doesn't hurt to add to the wish list), possibly a jab at the Pagan Winter event, etc.

Once again wishful thinking and very little to back it up, but if this event was tailor made for the content from the first episode, than chances are they'll play around with Xmas, just as they did when Maggie was released.

If you'll recall that was a bunch of seasonal content cobbled together to make an event (which worked) following a THoH event heavily based on an episode from that same season. In contrast to last year's THoH that was various random monsters from random episodes put together followed by a winter event that heavily borrowed from an episode later in that same season.

In conclusion:
    #THoHTodayXmasDecorationsGoUpTomorrow

A very decent event, although I feel previous events this year did much better though.
  • ^ You know I like this idea #THoHTodayXmasDecorationsGoUpTomorrow. I think I'll just bypass Halloween and decorate for Christmas, now.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • johncolombo
    11384 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2017
    bluntcard wrote: »
    ^ You know I like this idea #THoHTodayXmasDecorationsGoUpTomorrow. I think I'll just bypass Halloween and decorate for Christmas, now.
    giphy.gif

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • ^ OH! That gets me in the mood :)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6273 posts Moderator
    What do you mean “probably not Just Stamp the Ticket Guy?” @someonewashere

what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg%3Fw%3D549
  • Quite simply: it is easier to knock things down than to build them up.
  • That's a nice inspirational quote, but why build up something you don't believe deserves to be? We're not talking about children being bullied on the playground, we're talking about a wonderful game that has gone down hill, unfortunately.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    That's a nice inspirational quote, but why build up something you don't believe deserves to be? We're not talking about children being bullied on the playground, we're talking about a wonderful game that has gone down hill, unfortunately.

opinionated.gif
  • Ha ha true.
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    What do you mean “probably not Just Stamp the Ticket Guy?” @someonewashere

what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg%3Fw%3D549

I want him in game as much as the next guy (unless it's you, you're the highest in that area of fanatism). However unless the Xmas event involves Brodka and a mall, chances of JSTTG appearing will be substantially reduced.

If the Springfield Swap Meet is added once again, a high chance for him to appear, A Barney in a giant diaper skin? Once again a high chance for him to appear, but if none of those occur than we are looking at a #NotJustStampTheTicketGuyChristmasWinterHolidaysBringBackGrumpleXmasThisYearEvent

Trust me when I say that makes me a sad Californian Panda (also known as a raccoon).
    ySgf2ex.gif
    ^ You know I like this idea #THoHTodayXmasDecorationsGoUpTomorrow. I think I'll just bypass Halloween and decorate for Christmas, now.

You're a cool Dude/Dudette at times, don't know if it's the CA in ya.
    But seriously you guys go through the whole trouble to make this event, but fail to bring back this character?
    8Lgz9fD.gif
    Shame.
    (Sorry if we are deviating from topic)
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    I like TSTO events. I like Harry Potter. I like Halloween. Pretty simple formula to happiness.
    That's a nice inspirational quote, but why build up something you don't believe deserves to be? We're not talking about children being bullied on the playground, we're talking about a wonderful game that has gone down hill, unfortunately.

Please... Matt Groening has a shitload of work to draw. Comics, futurama, the show itself, and this game. Give him a break. Maybe they thought of bringing some cool content for people who may of not had the items. Wasn't it cool when you first got it? I know wolf rock and werewolf Flanders I'll enjoy getting by crafting instead of donuts. I personally think it's a great event. And people want to whine because it's not a tailored vision.
  • simpsonare wrote: »

Please... Matt Groening has a shitload of work to draw.

Pretty sure he isn't in his basement drawing everything, he "might" have some help.
    As far as the event goes, happy you're enjoying it.

In this situation, I feel the Simpsons tv show is sort of like a band that used to put out some legendary albums a long time ago, but also produced nothing but a bunch of krappy ones recently. So when you go to a concert, of course they want to present some of their new stuff but you'd prefer if they didn't.

I generally don't care much about Halloween (not really a thing where I'm from), and also I like to keep my town looking normal, but anything from those classic hilarious THOH episodes is welcome, like the HOE shop keeper for instance
    On the other hand, stuff like that nose-tower thing goes straight to storage.
  • My reply is for the OP, I believe the “old-timers” are missing what this event used to be. There was more interaction between neighbors, it was based around Halloween, and Springfield was spooky (sounds, shadows, leaves blowing around and dark green water). They have been better in the past, and the lack of new craftables just sucks. This is my fifth THOH event and I love Harry Potter and all things magical but I’m a miffed.
  • Oops extra a*
    simpsonare wrote: »

Please... Matt Groening has a shitload of work to draw.

Pretty sure he isn't in his basement drawing everything, he "might" have some help.

tumblr_migb12sqEc1qcbojfo1_500.gif

• There are SO many threads complaining about this event! :/

I just got my first decoration prize from the Kearney monster. It's an animated skull with fire flag. Nice! These will look great in my pirates area <3
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)