EA Forums - Banner

Potential bug with Rich Texan, need help testing it

Prev1
Yea apparently that task is broken/glitched/bugged.

Same thing with Smithers & Burns 1hr bike ride

Replies

• sackXchange
    129 posts
    edited April 2013
    Does it to me too.
  • slivdawg77
    422 posts
    edited April 2013
    It only gives you normal money also instead of 1.5, for all task minus the first one
  • kelvin9994
    88 posts
    edited April 2013
    Yep same here sent him on the 12 hour ride mechanical bull task went to visit some friends and he was walking around town :(
  • mattperiolat
    668 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    *slams his head on the ground* Three updates and EA still has not fixed Burns/Smithers 1 hr? Good grief. And now a character we have to pay for is already broken? Hate to sound like a crab, but this is just not good.
  • kelvin9994
    88 posts
    edited April 2013
    Re sent him on the task went away for 10 mins came back he was still on the bull looked round my town for 2 mins and he stopped the task again .... They need to fix this ! I sent him on the 24 hour task going to see of this is also glitched
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited April 2013

I just checked , the rest of the tasks pay out 1.5, the 3hr task is the only one that doesn't, probably because it's a 'non-premium task'.
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

I just checked , the rest of the tasks pay out 1.5, the 3hr task is the only one that doesn't, probably because it's a 'non-premium task'.

?? Anything for a premium character should be premium, shouldn't it? Some regulars get extra for tasks at premium buildings, but premiums chars shoudln't get less....
  • mattperiolat
    668 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Like I said, I've been a good little player and kept my mouth closed on EA and its mistakes. This? Wow. Fix it, please.
  • adruralo
    3277 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    After timing this glitch it was exactly 30 minutes when he dismounted for me.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • USDPC
    221 posts
    edited April 2013
    I've tried him on the 12 hour task 4 times now, and he randomly quits it whenever he wants.
    One time I got money, and the other 3 times I just found him walking aimlessly around town.

Seems like EA does not even bother to test their new items, making the customer be their beta testers.
    I have no problem beta testing for them, but I want all the items for free if I'm doing their beta testing and/or a paycheck from them.
  • kelvin9994
    88 posts
    edited April 2013
    I hope EA fix this glitch soon ..... It's his best task most of them are boringl like drinking at moes and brown house , his 24 hour task is kinda cool I guest
  • shannontj
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Just came here to see if it was just me... he was riding the bull for maybe an hour then I came back to my Springfield and he was wandering around. Put him on the task again, but seems I should probably give him a different task.
  • Happycarlton
    196 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes can confirm this appears to be a glitch. He never finishes the mechanical bull task. Yes let's hope they fix it soon, given it is a premium character
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited April 2013
    Louie and legs have a combined 1 hour that also stops short. Sad really it's a very funny task.
  • cactusrob
    46 posts
    edited April 2013
    I just searched before starting a thread on this, because the exact dame is happening to me.
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I have also had this problem with Rich Texan, the 12 hour job just won't seem to work
  • Platform327
    11 posts
    edited April 2013
    Any job I send the Rich Texan on is never completed. He also appears starts other jobs all by himself.

• mattperiolat
    668 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Crud, the Smithers/Burns bug may be back. Started the 1 hr task and got disconnected. They were strolling around town again when I got back.
  • Vesemirek
    3 posts
    edited April 2013
    I got the same bug. I was thinking it's for whacking snakes but not. After 3-40 minutes of riding the bull he just walk around like a poor *.
  • mattperiolat
    668 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, somehow it's broken again. Disconnect, moving objects or wacking snakes will cancel the quests for Smithers/Burns, Texan and apparently the goons as well. :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!