EA Forums - Banner

Cannot Connect to Server

Prev1
I haven't been able to connect to the server for three days. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, exiting it and relaunching, etc. When I try reinstalling it and after it updates, it says that I'm logged into other devices and that I would lose any existing data on them if I continued to play on my current and only device that I have ever played the game on. Any help would be awesome...

I'm playing on a 3GS with iOS6

Replies

• Jbennett4624
    275 posts
    edited October 2012
    jraffa50 wrote:
    I have been getting a Cannot Connect to Server message all day long. Is the game down or something?

Usually too many friends.. delete 10 at a time, then try logging in after every 10 till its fixed.

Worse case Scenario..delete all of them
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited October 2012
    Usually too many friends.. delete 10 at a time, then try logging in after every 10 till its fixed.

thanks! that worked. Is there some number of friends I should stay under? I didn't think I had a lot (I had about 35 and deleted about 15 to get to 20)
  • Jbennett4624
    275 posts
    edited October 2012
    jraffa50 wrote:

thanks! that worked. Is there some number of friends I should stay under? I didn't think I had a lot (I had about 35 and deleted about 15 to get to 20)

its kind a random.. I have 35-40 and care not for more.. and its a pain to try to visit each.. and having over 100.. time consuming adventure LOL

what was did you delete your friends by the way? I'd like to know (i only know about going to the device and do it manually..).. whats the quicker way via Origin online via computer?
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited October 2012
    jraffa50 wrote:

its kind a random.. I have 35-40 and care not for more.. and its a pain to try to visit each.. and having over 100.. time consuming adventure LOL

what was did you delete your friends by the way? I'd like to know (i only know about going to the device and do it manually..).. whats the quicker way via Origin online via computer?

I did it manually myself. I figured since I didn't have too many it wouldn't take me too long, and it really wasn't a big problem. I tried to do the older friends first in case they had gotten corrupted somehow.
  • Trevulate
    27 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have been receiving the cannot Connect error for 3 weeks now (before and after update) I even deleted the 4 friends that i had and still no change! Think its time for a refund!
  • tfcgodfather
    25 posts
    edited October 2012
    Still trying to log back in this whole weekend to no success. I get to see a glimpse of my homestead and then within a second it kicks me off.

What is the deal EA? :(
  • tfcgodfather
    25 posts
    edited October 2012
    Any updates on why some people can play while many of us are in Simpsons limbo?
  • timothyreid
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Also in a 10-day limbo - Cannot connect, retry, etc. haven't been past the retry screen. Can't even log out. Tried everything to no avail. I was just beginning to enjoy the zombies! Lost cause or is help coming?
  • tfcgodfather
    25 posts
    edited October 2012
    Haven't even played the zombies since I am on an iTouch 2nd gen... 4 days and counting.

I did get to play for like 2 minutes before I got kicked off... I was deleting friends like someone suggested and that didn't help... still can't connect and its frustrating! Should I just forget it all together?
  • jsimon9
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Also in a 10-day limbo - Cannot connect, retry, etc. haven't been past the retry screen. Can't even log out. Tried everything to no avail. I was just beginning to enjoy the zombies! Lost cause or is help coming?

Same thing here. All of a sudden I cant log in to my game anymore (Level 22). I cant log out either. I always get the "cannot connect to server" / "Retry". I changed my origin password via the web. That forced a logout on my iPad. I then created a new origin account and that lets me login and start a new game - at level 1 without any of my donuts of course, so it is not an acceptable work-around. But for debugging purposes interesting, because it shows that it is not my side that has the problem.

I then tried logged out and back into the original account. In the background it gave me again the "cannot connect to server" message, but the origin window opened and let me invite my new account as a friend. I changed my origin password once more and logged back into the new account to accept the invite. Interesting: If I now try to visit my Springfield from the original account, I get kicked out and get a "cannot connect to server". After that I cannot access my new account either. Once I force a logout again via another password change and delete the original account from my friends list, I can log back into the new account once more.

Conclusion: Something seems to have corrupted the file that contains my Springfield configuration - maybe during a sync gone wrong. If EA keeps previous versions of the file, this could be resolved easily. If not they should refund me the donuts I bought (a shocking amount of money I spent over the last 6 weeks...). Unfortunately the support is now silent after the initial request for (pointless) information about my device, iOS version, etc. I called one of their support numbers, but the gentleman told me that they don't have any access to mobile games and that there is nothing he can do. Great...

If I don't hear from EA within the next week, I will contact Apple and ask for a refund for the In-App purchases. They did it before when a truckload of donuts purchase had not worked. I hope they will be as forthcoming again.

It is such a shame, because when the game was working, I have to admit I enjoyed it. I really hope EA can fix this. If they can't fix it soon, given the amount of people that are frustrated because of the time and money they invested just to see their game disappear, I think Apple should pull the game.

I have played countless EA games during my PC days and now on iOS devices. This might have been the last one...
  • MrTeeFool
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    I can't play Tapped Out. I keep receiving an error message stating "Undergoing Maintenance" even though my other friends are currently playing. I want a refund.

P.S. I deleted all my friends except for 1.
  • bjschuyler
    8 posts
    edited October 2012
    My husband isn't even able to log in. The screen pops up, he hits log in and right to the cannot connect to server
  • timothyreid
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Tried changing Origin password also, to force iPad logout. Still cannot connect to server, even playing anonymously. Login button sends me to Retry screen as well. Hopeless?!
  • b_robit
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    Now I really like this game, but it's been two weeks that I can't play my level 22 spirngfield. I have started a new one and my level 12 works properly.... It's crappy.... Got any insight.
  • neisevilla
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    How can i delete friends when i keep on getting the cannot connect to server error? Thanks!
  • neisevilla
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    I think this issue have been fixed now. My game did a little update and i'm able to log in with no problem. =) I deleted half of my friends to be sure...
  • abg1981
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    I get a "can't connect to server" message every time I try and play this game now. I haven't added any friends yet so I can't delete anyone to solve the problem! At least the game was free. You get what you pay for I suppose...
  • Nickfreeman37
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have been locked it for nearly two weeks now. All I get is cannot connect to server. Come on ea sort this out or at least acknowledge the problem.
  • Acex82
    24 posts
    edited October 2012
    My wife can't Log in at all... It's only started happening since Saturday? Any ideas? Her friends wouldn't load either... Now it just shows the retry screen
  • norriszabi
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    have you tried force closing the app and then restarting it?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.