EA Forums - Banner

Pronunciation of the word Lego and other words

Replies

• Dougie_Powers_17
    1952 posts Member
    edited October 13
    Don't get me started.... meme = meem???... :confused:

As for companies... Lidl in the UK... As far as I am aware, everyone calls it "Lid-ul" ... but apparently it's supposed to be "lee-dl".. they had adverts on TV where the voice-over guy pronounced it the 'correct' way (Lee-dl)... but then all of a sudden, the company seemed to embrace the 'English' variant and have used that...

As for where 'Lie-dul' comes from in that song... I dunno, must be the Irish version...

(Disclaimer: Other supermarkets are available!)

So......... how do you pronounce Lego?

Leg-o, as in, I like to get my leg over :lol:

EDIT: I could always interject and say this... If it was Lay-go, then how the hell do you pronounce the 'Blocko Store' in the game :tongue::joy:
  • The thing that should be bothering people is that Hello Kitty has been a little girl this whole time and not a cat. That burns me up still. :/
  • meinaz
    4786 posts Member
    The thing that should be bothering people is that Hello Kitty has been a little girl this whole time and not a cat. That burns me up still. :/

Quit spreading lies! I can see Hello Kitty is a cat.
    I support LPN. Keep the walkthroughs here.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    The thing that should be bothering people is that Hello Kitty has been a little girl this whole time and not a cat. That burns me up still. :/

Quit spreading lies! I can see Hello Kitty is a cat.

:D She is a cat.....Yes...a cat. My childhood was ruined when that started spreading those tales.
  • The thing that should be bothering people is that Hello Kitty has been a little girl this whole time and not a cat. That burns me up still. :/

And she's British :wink:
  • @simp7fan my post I was referring to was 5:24 uk Washington DC is 5 hours behind Miami is 5 hours behind there’s more I just can’t be bothered to check. Looks like you don’t know the time difference of your own country.

And yes I know where America is isn’t it near Australia :wink: :lol:
  • @00mesmerelda00 Becaful you don’t die from Lego oh and am sorry I didn’t mean to cause any trouble :blush:
  • @00mesmerelda00 Becaful you don’t die from Lego oh and am sorry I didn’t mean to cause any trouble :blush:

I forgive you @pepsimax1984 ...and I am very careful where I step ;)
  • @00mesmerelda00 just don’t kick any in my direction :lol:
  • :s :# :( :'( Not for the faint of heart....
    nqvbqr.jpg
    nqvbqr.jpg

Noooooooooooo :cry:
    nqvbqr.jpg

Noooooooooooo :cry:

Sorry @pepsimax1984 ...so gruesome.
  • moxxee
    7709 posts Member
    Lego my eggo
  • moxxee wrote: »
    Lego my eggo

been there...done that. :D
  • @simp7fan my post I was referring to was 5:24 uk Washington DC is 5 hours behind Miami is 5 hours behind there’s more I just can’t be bothered to check. Looks like you don’t know the time difference of your own country.
    I know my country very well, especially considering we even have more than one time zone...*cough* the UK don't.

Sorry, can't reply to the rest as I suspect there is more punctuation there than is showing and I'm not quite deciphering your gist. Though you probably mean noon in the east but don't forget about us bums in the west. West lives matter....
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Honestly whats the difference between leg-o and lay-go...they sound the same to me when I say them out loud. @simp7fan If you are trying to start a fight with me, you got it :p
    You know the eh that's in meh or the eh as in a verbal shrug? Compare that to the eh our Canadian neighbours say, the stereotypical one that sounds like the letter A. Are they not different to you either?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • meinaz
    4786 posts Member
    :s :# :( :'( Not for the faint of heart....
    nqvbqr.jpg

I should not have opened that. :confounded:
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    Honestly whats the difference between leg-o and lay-go...they sound the same to me when I say them out loud. @simp7fan If you are trying to start a fight with me, you got it :p
    You know the eh that's in meh or the eh as in a verbal shrug? Compare that to the eh our Canadian neighbours say, the stereotypical one that sounds like the letter A. Are they not different to you either?

Reported :D
  • meinaz
    4786 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »
    @simp7fan my post I was referring to was 5:24 uk Washington DC is 5 hours behind Miami is 5 hours behind there’s more I just can’t be bothered to check. Looks like you don’t know the time difference of your own country.
    I know my country very well, especially considering we even have more than one time zone...*cough* the UK don't.

Sorry, can't reply to the rest as I suspect there is more punctuation there than is showing and I'm not quite deciphering your gist. Though you probably mean noon in the east but don't forget about us bums in the west. West lives matter....

It was 5am for me too when it was posted. Unfortunately I have to be up that early but not checking the forums.
  • @meinaz Sorry...I warned ya ;)